RPG Maker MV error, closes on its on

Lancedias

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on the RPG Maker MV and it closes out of nowhere ... Sometimes a white screen appears and closes ... It's out of nowhere, sometimes it happens while I'm doing an event, sometimes when I'm in the Database ... I have already uninstalled and created a new game, if someone has been there and can help me ... Thanks :)

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Lancedias this is an English-speaking forum. Please use English, even if you have to run it through Google translate.
Moving to Tech Support

(Lancedias este é um fórum onde se fala inglês. Por favor, use o inglês, mesmo se você tiver que executá-lo no Google tradutor)

Translation:
I'm working on the RPG Maker MV and it closes out of nowhere ... Sometimes a white screen appears and closes ... It's out of nowhere, sometimes it happens while I'm doing an event, sometimes when I'm in the Database ... I have already uninstalled and created a new game, if someone has been through this and can help me ... Thanks

Lancedias

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh Sorry! I modified

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been having this problem also and it has to be a memory error even though every one swears the software isn't to blame. My guess is that RPG Maker MV is most likely a 32 bit application and Windows 10 doesn't allocate enough memory. Whenever I click through the animations too fast or work with an event that is too large I crash almost every time. I imagine it would run better on a windows 7 PC.

My computer is fairly high end (32GB of RAM, 5.3 CPU) so it's not my hardware either so i can throw that out right away before anyone brings it up.

If anyone has an answer for this I would love to hear it. Can RPG Maker be made "large address aware" to help with memory problems?

Edit: Oh, and just a heads up Lancedias, make daily or very regular backups of your game because once I had an RPG Maker crash that actually corrupted my game data and the project file wouldn't open after that. Luckily my years modding Bethesda games has taught me to keep massive libraries of game backups.

Last edited:

Bricrue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I constantly crash all the time in RPG Maker MV. The crashes are so annoying that a lot of times I just quite working on my project because of frustration. I'm constantly clicking the save button so that I don't lose any work. I've looked every where for an answer on what to do but can't seem to find anything. I'd probably just move onto MZ but I'm not willing to pay that much for the game. Even when they do their little discount it's still too much.

If anyone has anything or an idea of what to try, I would really appreciate it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having these exact same issues, I was advised by support to uninstall/reinstall but i still get the same crashing on a fresh install. Did anyone find a fix for this?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol
I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GanMvV