RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. giro

giro Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! First off, I love you and this program. Thanks so much for making this! It has been working great. There was only ONE resource pack I found here that refused to be added...

I was attempting to add the "Gentlemen's Barber Shop" by Sythian Bard (http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?showtopic=53509), but I keep receiving the following error:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B04nKcaRKdhScTM2M3FuRzVJRDQ

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @giro : Thank you for using my software :) . The issue was caused by a wrong naming of the icons in the variation folder of @Sythian Bard. I fixed this and created an RXGE file that I posted in his topic. You should get it there :

Enjoy :) .

3. saneco

saneco Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Hey!
    The Begin Importation button stays grey for me.

Selected \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\Generator as folder though.

4. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @saneco : This is pretty strange. Are you sure you didn't mess with your generator folder ?

5. saneco

saneco Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Well nothing I know of but after re-installing MV everything seems to work.

6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @saneco : Good that it works now. One file probably disappeared from your generator folder, hence my software didn't recognize it as a proper RPG Maker folder.

7. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh I have been looking something like this for some time, thank you really much! Going to download it.

Schlangan likes this.
  8. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a question for the current users; would you mind if the current interface changes a lot ? Instead of following the appearance of the current generator of RPG Maker MV, I could instead make it differently;  Here is a rough sketch of what I could do ; it would work with panels, when you add as many elements of each category/part as you want, for example, serveral facial marks, accessories, and so on. You would of course be able to add on the same pictures "male" and "female" elements too. 

For each "element" you would have an option to shift items along X and Y as well as changing transparency.

[​IMG]

Please tell me what you think about this idea :)

9. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow! This looks amazing. I'd heard murmurings about people using a 3rd party generator to collect all their assets without worrying about renumbering but didn't realize it was as polished as this. You've earned a very happy customer!

Edit: I'm having an issue with one of the files that was in the .rxge file for Hiddenone's generator program. The last beast ear in the vanilla generator allows for the changing of the outside of the ear color on the face and the sprites without changing the inner ear fluff. However when I attempted to replicate the same with the generator, it refused to cooperate. Image attached.

The sprite coloration ends up alright, but I can't figure out why the face isn't working. I noticed in the resource file there are 2 versions of the whole ear, one with a mask and one without. I attempted to switch the maskless file with the correct ear fluff file (as there is one in Hiddenone's resources) but at that point an index error occurs when I attempt to use the resource. 

I know obviously you're busy and can't fix every other person's resources, but I'm just at a loss why it's not functioning as the other resources (like accessories) appear to function. I was going to just wipe clean and re-import hiddenone's .rxge file, but I spent a while tweaking other resources and don't want to lose the progress I had on those. So I thought I'd ask first to check that I'm not making a newb mistake. Thanks much!

derp.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2016
  10. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @feckyeslife : You probably did something wrong with the masks and the software is looking for something it cannot find. I would still suggest reimporting a clean RXGE file to avoid any problem. Don't forget that you can manually edit the imported files in the generator folder. You could replace the clean files by the ones you modified.

@Everyone else : 

Here is a picture of what I'm currently working on. As you see, the appearance has started to change (many things are left blank as I didn't code them). But what I want to show you is that now you'll be able to use Male/Female items on the same picture, as well as using for example many accessories or facial marks at the same time. Enjoy :)

[​IMG]

And this is the picture of the future Asset window. Now you'll go through a series of windows that will guide you through the steps, making things much easier.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
    ∊η∊ηra likes this.
  11. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The update looks amazing. Definitely a big upgrade from the current version. Can't wait to try it out!

12. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan I ended up selecting a mask for the inner ear section rather than leaving it maskless and got it to function. Thanks for your help!

I'm excited to see how the program will be updated in the future! I love the idea of being able to use any element regardless of gender. 

kaukusaki and Schlangan like this.
  13. Darkzackk

Darkzackk Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello there! I am currently having some issues with importing the (TV) made from the generator to the project. Do I have to edit the exported png and make it as big as the ones the default generator outputs? Whenever I import the char sets and try to choose it, only a small fraction of the image is chosen as the actual char set.

I don't know if I explained myself correctly, so here's an image of what happens.

Thank you for this amazing software by the way! I just wish I could fully use it without this happening :c

problem.PNG

14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello @Darkzackk.

The current version of the generator is not able to create multiple charset files. Hence, it creates pictures with only one character. To use them properly in RPG Maker MV, you need to rename them by starting the filename with a $. For example, $ActorLambda.png. Doing so, RPG Maker MV will consider the proper dimensions.

In the next version, I'll create a system to properly export RPG Maker MV-like charset files.

15. Derex000

Derex000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is so amazing. I haven't really checked it out much since you helped me with my parts, but this is honestly awesome. I'm intending to make different races and stuff so this'll be perfect. Keep up the awesome work!

Schlangan likes this.
  16. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New screen of my progress for the new version. 

Here comes the "Create New Template" first window from the assistant. You'll be able, as before, to add a Name, Key and dimensions for your template. The software will now prevent you to use spaces and check what you enter. What is now new, is the placement of the templates. Before, you had to manually enter the coordinates. Now, the software will propose a few placements of the new template, and you will only need to select one. The software will make sure that the new offered placements do not overlap the other existing templates (the proposed placements will probably overlap, but you will select only one of them).

[​IMG]

Also, you'll notice that there is no "update button" as before. You will only need to click on Next and fill the screens until it is done !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
    Niten Ichi Ryu likes this.
  17. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan Thanks a lot for this! I've been making 'do' with the chibi sprites MV is generating, and created most of my characters, but really wanted to use taller sprites so the clothing was easier to determine, and some characters were to begin 'chained to the wall' which worked better with Mack Sprites. I especially like the EASY button in your next release, (Import from MV auto-magically) so I might hold off a bit on configuring until the next release, if it's not long in the oven.

@vico I am just guessing, but i think @hiddenone's Tall sprites could be incorporated into this generator for a clear Mack base. 

They would need to be modified using PDN or GIMP to handle the SV, unless someone else has already done that. SV assets would need to be repositioned and stretched, unfortunately, as would the character gen parts for walking sprites.

18. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lynvia : I don't know how long the new release will take. I'd like to release it at the beginning of September if possible, but I'm not sure yet. I really want to add a lot of safety to prevent the user from doing something wrong, hence making things easier.

Lynvia likes this.
  19. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan Agree. I code for a living, Some VB.Net also, and it's usually worse to send it soon buggy than late with most cockroaches squashed.

20. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New progress for v0.06, with this time the window to manage the mask colors and the gradient colors.

Now, the mask colors have name, which will make them easier to identify when adding new resources to the generator. Mask colors can now be "applied everywhere", which means that changing an element with this color will change all of them. For example, the skin, or the eyes color. 

Concerning the gradients, you will add/remove them in this window now. As before, you can add another gradient file. But now, the software will check if the gradient doesn't already exist, to avoid duplicates. You will now be able to reorder the gradients as you wish. Last addition, you can now select a color, and a gradient will be automatically created from this color !

With v0.06, I'll probably also release a gradient file with a lot of colors properly sorted :)

[​IMG]

Don't forget to check the first post of this topic, as I am continuously writing the new additions of v0.06 through its changelog. I am also striking all suggestions that have been implemented.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016