RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let's continue the updates, with this time the main window completely done. As you can see, in addition to coloring, you now have four arrows to shift the elements a little bit. You think that the nose is too high ? Move it ! Eyebrows ? As you want !

[​IMG]

And since a picture is better than words, here are two faces, with exactly the same elements, but one has some of them slighthly shifted :

[​IMG]

Of course all elements can have different shifts, and a single element can have different shifts on the templates. For example, you move the hair by 5 pixels on the faceset, and of 1 pixel on the battler.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
    JiM83 likes this.
  2. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The updates are looking great! Being able to change one element's color and have all related ones change will be a great help, especially with people who have massive color lists. Speaking of colors, I have a few gradients that have only changed one section (ie they were for changing the hair color section and leaving the clothes normal) so deleting the other imported, repeat colors takes a while. Has anyone asked about allowing the ability to select a section of colors for mass deletion rather that scrolling all the way down, hitting delete, and repeating?  

Schlangan likes this.
  3. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't think of mass deletion for gradients. I will add this in v0.06. Though, the repeated colors won't happen anymore as the software will skip them if they are already present in v0.06. You will also be able to reorder the colors as you want.

Edit : Mass gradient deletion added to v0.06

feckyeslife likes this.
  4. Alistay

Alistay Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Where did you find this hair cut? I Need it!

En tout cas un grand merci pour cette extension de qualité, qui ouvre de multiples possibilités et va permettre d'améliorer bon nombre de jeux :)  Continues comme ça, c'est de l'excellent taff ;)  !

Schlangan likes this.
  5. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A lot of progress today, which makes version 0.06 around 90% complete. Only a few things remain, including a strength test against any possible mistake from the users ^^

A couple of new screen captures for what is new. First, the introduction of the credits system. Now, when you add/import resources, you'll have the option to indicate who is the author. If you do so, you can in a single click see whose parts you used to create a character, hence who you should credit for using it :

[​IMG]

Another new thing for the generator, you will now be able to save many characters on a single file, like what MV proposes by default. I thought this option was missing in the extended generator, so here it is :

[​IMG]

I also completely redid the resource importation system. Now, you just need to follow step by step what the software asks. Here are two screen captures for importation of a face element and the same element in charset view :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If everything goes well, version 0.06 will be released in a week :)

JiM83, Dalph, feckyeslife and 2 others like this.
  6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Who said resting is useful ? By pushing your brain to the limit, you can always do more ! Of course, you rest afterwards. And now, everyone, I present you the new version of the generator, v0.06 released !

You can download it in the same place as before :

- The link is directly for the executable. I didn't create an installer yet, but the file should be readable by most people on windows operating systems already.

- Download LInk (direct executable)

I recommend you to reimport everything in the new version, in order to be able to add credits, and so on. But it is up to you, the former resources and imports work with the new version too.

I am going to remove the guides written in the first post, and write some new tutorials directly on my website. This will keep the first post a bit cleaner. Writing tutorials may take a few days, I'm going to start now, but I don't know if I will write everything today :)

- Access to the website here

Here are all the changes.

Version changes (Alpha 0.06 - 29th August 2016)

Main interface

- Change : Modification of the main window interface. Now, the left panel displays character details while the right panel is used to select parts and preview the window

- Addition : The main window contents can be resized in two panels. One panel for character details, one panel for picture view.

- Change : You now add elements by double-clicking or pressing the "Add" button. You can replace them by right-clicking or pressing the "Replace" button.

- Change : To remove an element, select it in thre TreeView, then right click on it.

- Addition : A zoom function has been added, allowing the following scaling : 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 200%, 400%, 800%

- Addition : The main window has now a "See credits" button to list the credits for the current character, from the used parts.

Character creation

- Addition : One character can now possess many elements of the same part (ex: several Accessories A) and elements from other categories (ex: Male and Female elements)

- Addition : You can now shift all elements by a few pixels in order to make changes to the initial positions.

- Addition : Random generation of characters. Body, Face, Eyes, Nose, Mouth and Ears always appear, while other elements have 50% of chance to be blank.

Managing assets

- Change : Removal of the "Manage assets" window as it was known before. It has been replaced by a new window : Manage Assets wizard.

- Change : The many "Update" buttons have been removed, you won't have to bother with them anymore.

- Addition : The assets management window can now be resized.

Templates

- Addition : Templates have a new property : "Elements per sheet". This will allow to export many elements of the same file, for example like MV's charsets (4x2 charsets on a single picture)

- Change : You won't hear about "Priorities" anymore but simply "Drawing Order" for a better understanding.

Mask Colors and Gradients

- Addition : Mask colors now have names, which makes importation of resources easier

- Addition : Mask colors have now the new option "Apply everywhere". If yes, changing the color will affect all other elements with the same mask. For example, the skin or eyes color.

- Addition : You can now reorder the gradients color as you wish, as well as deleting several of them at once.

- Addition : You can now create new gradients color directly from the Manage Assets wizard.

- Change : When importing a new gradient file, duplicate gradients are not added anymore.

Folder importation

- Change : When importing a folder, you can directly type the folder path

- Addition : When opening the default MV generator importer, the software automatically looks for RPG Maker MV's generator folder from the registry

Resources data

- Addition : Resources now have a "Credits" value. You'll be able to keep track of whose parts you have used in your character.

- Addition : You can now delete/reorder many resources at the same time, and filters have been added to the resource window

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
    JiM83 and ∊η∊ηra like this.
  7. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've just re-installed and the first problem I had was that it was not able to open the gradient... just open the program as Admin and it's solved.

Thank you Schlagan for your work, you are the BEST!!! ^_^

One more last thing, Is there a list of RXGE resource files?

8. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, I've downloaded the new version, and am working my way through the kinks. I put it in a new folder on my memory stick (to keep the previous version viable) and when I went to import the MV Resources, it crashed. I'm positive this is because I'm running this on a PC right now that doesn't have MV on it, so it has no reference to pull in the MV Generator objects. Guess I could have used option two, thought of it just now while typing this... <blush>

Thanks @Schlangan for the quick application of needed updates to this generator. It's solid, and appears to be a better guide for adding my own resources, as most of the trouble I was having was with the naming and files to add.

I'm in process of copying the existing resources and converting them to @hiddenone's tall sprite for the Character. Hair, Accessories, beards, and such are pretty simple, as they are drag and fill for the picture and mask. This should make a Tall Sprite viable when I'm done. At least for walking around. 

Clothing is a completely different story and is proving quite difficult. But worth it. Each outfit is taking me hours, whereas hair and accessories took minutes each.

Since this is such a difficult undertaking, I'm going to RXGE the Tall Sprites when I'm done, and probably just use the semi-chibi Battlers for fighting to avoid the work and additional weapons positioning issues. That is, unless somebody else wants to tackle tall SV. :)

9. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lynvia : No bug should be left alive ! You can now download v0.06a where the crash won't happen if you're on a computer without MV installed.

10. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan I'm having several problems.

1)  Accesories don't run.

I have tried to install the Haydeos AccB Tiara. I have created mask files for SV, TV and TVD and installed  clicking "manually add resources" but when I try to use it in a character the following error appears:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: El índice estaba fuera del intervalo. Debe ser un valor no negativo e inferior al tamaño de la colección.
    Nombre del parámetro: index
    en System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    en System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    en RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form6.btnAddElement_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    en RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form6.lstElements_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
    en System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
    en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
    mscorlib
    Versión del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    RPG Maker MV Extended Generator
    Versión del ensamblado: 1.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 1.0.0.0
    Código base: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/KADOKAWA/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Extended%20Generator/RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Versión del ensamblado: 10.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 14.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    Versión Win32: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    Versión Win32: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Versión Win32: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Versión Win32: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
    mscorlib.resources
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
    Accessibility
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** Depuración JIT **************
    Para habilitar la depuración Just In Time (JIT), el archivo de configuración de esta
    aplicación o equipo (machine.config) debe tener el
    valor jitDebugging establecido en la sección system.windows.forms.
    La aplicación también se debe compilar con la depuración
    habilitada

Por ejemplo:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

Cuando esté habilitada la depuración JIT, cualquier excepción no controlada
    se enviará al depurador JIT registrado en el equipo
    en lugar de controlarlo mediante el cuadro de diálogo.

Sorry for the spanish, but I think it can be understandable.

I have created the Skelleton Body of @ArbitraryGuy and it works perfect so I don't know where the problem could be.

2) How can I check the files asociated to a part and change them in the program?
    I also have a question: How can I check and change the files of an already created resource? In the previous version if I wanted to change the mask of an Accesory I could do it directtly in the program, or check and re-organize the different FG parts of a complement.

3)I have tried to create a set of eyes but once I have Added the FG parts this window appears and I can do nothing.

Sin título.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
  11. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @miyanke

1). I have no problem when trying to add new accessories B to the generator. To be sure, did you try to reimport all of MV's default resources to have a proper clean setup of the folder, parts and so on ?

2). You cannot edit resources anymore as the guidance is enough for you to properly add new resources. If it didn't work, go to Manage resources and delete the one that failed, and try again.

3). The fact that you see an empty windo means that the software has no subparts associated to the Character template. I believe the drawing order (formerly known as prioritiies) have gone wrong. As I said in 1), try to reimport MV default resources to get a clean setup.

12. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan: THANK YOU!!!
    1) I re-installed RPGMV, updated to 1.3.1 and re-imported the default MV's resource. Now it works, but I still have problems with different parts (see 3).

2) I still can replace the files directly into the folder, isn't it?

3) I realize that you can select the parts that you want to import, I selected only the face parts and it seems to work, but it still show me the following error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: El índice estaba fuera del intervalo. Debe ser un valor no negativo e inferior al tamaño de la colección.
       en System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       en RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form6.btnAddElement_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       en RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form6.lstElements_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
       en System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
       en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

13. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @miyanke : I have found what could cause this error. Typically, the generator was looking for mask colors even when there is none, which could crash everything. I am not sure this is your case, but I released right now v0.06b. Download it and tell me if the same problem happens.

And yes, you can directly replace the files in the folder, as long as you don't add new mask colors that wouldn't be configured. But be sure to clsoe and reopen it, it won't automatically detect file changes.

14. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, the error still appears but now if I click on "continue" the white part of the eye (with no-color channel seleccted) appears but the iris doesn't (they are 2 separated files). Maybe is something of the eye_color channel?

I have just realize that the elements of the parts have dissapeared... You can "select" invisibile elements and change the colors, but they are invisible.

no elements.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
  15. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no problems with eyes when I manually import them. In order to find out what happens and what exactly is wrong, you need to detail me exactly step-by-step what you're doing (starting from a clean import of MV default resource folder). Maybe you're doing something wrong I didnt think of, a breach in the logic I instaured. Detail me everything, and we'll see :)  

16. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, I have deleted the resource file and start again:
    1) I'm using W10 and moved the .exe in  C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPG Maker MV Extended Generator
    2) executed the program and imported the RPG Maker Resources and Templates
    3) Add new Resource
    4) Manually add Resources
    5) Name: Right_eye
    Credit: Bokou
    Category: Female
    Part: Eyes
    only Face (FG) ticked
    Icon Imported
    6)Added FG and selected the colors
    eyes.png

7) Used and... the error is still there T_T

en RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form6.trvCharData_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
       en System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
       en System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
       en System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
       en System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

If I select "Continue" the result is this one:
    eyes2.png
    Any more details or ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
  17. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @miyanke

I see. In fact, eyes should be imported the other way round. First the iris, then the blank part. However, this didn't justify the error you encountered. The error came from the fact that the mask is empty. The software was trying to find out the color even though it didn't exist. Strangely enough I was only able to reproduce this error once. 

But, this should now be fixed. I've updated the download link again. Try with the new version, 0.06c and tell me if this is better. But keep in mind to start with the iris and then the blank color, or else you'll only see the white part of the eye.

18. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, it seems I keep getting this error whenever I try importing the default MV generator folder.

[​IMG]

It stops at Variation\Male

Thanks.

19. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for all your hard work on this generator! As usual, I have a few

Questions and queries:

When I manually import a resource that is for a new template but for an existing category and part, like say TallTV_AccA_p01, it creates a new icon for it (the one I selected) and places it as a new option under accessories. Same happened with the Body.

So, I'm not sure how I can add a new template and add resources for existing parts to it. I can use the previous version of the generator, I think, to do the import, and have it tie to the part, so when I select AccA I can have the bandana appear on my template as well as the SV/Face.

I can also use the current version of the generator but I would have to build my Tall Sprites separately, and then select the same parts and colors for all the other base templates.

I'd rather have them tied together though.

If and when you find time to ask for suggestions for additional changes to your wonderful new generator, I'd love to see an import ability based on folder that addressed New Templates, based on folder name and file name.

If the file names corresponded to Kadokawa's naming convention for their generator parts, but with the new template name (Example, Generator\TallTV\TallTV_AccA_pxx.png)

It would be a boon to those who want to import a batch of Busts, tall sprites, tall battlers, etc. that don't fit the standard TV/SV/Character/Face templates.

bandana.JPG

Schlangan likes this.
  20. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @StrawberrySmiles : This error means that you must have altered yourself the contents of our Generator Folder, and made a mistake doing so. While trying to read the folder, the generator reach an incorrect index. I would recommend you to properly resintall RPG Maker MV to import the base resources.

On a side note, if you could send me your current Generator folder, I'll take a look, and I'll try to make a safety to avoid the crash in case of errors in the generator naming.

@Lynvia : There is indeed for now no option to add pictures of new templates to existing resources. For now, all you can do is delete the resource after you've created your new templates. Then, add manually everything again. I'll add this option in version 0.07.

For you second proposition, I can try to extend the ability of the folder importation. In that case, it would search trough your templates and import resources if they correspond to the key. Doing so, you'll be able to do what you propose. But before doing that, I really did to find a bulletproof way of importation, that will check if the folder is completely viable or not, or else too many crashes might happen. This option should be implemented in version 0.07 too.

But for now, you can only do as I initially announced. Or you can "trick" the generator by changing your file names by using the TV key instead of TallTV. Be sure to change the template dimensions first of course. If you use tall sprites, you don't need the old template in the generator. This way, the generator will import your tall sprites by thinkg they are the standard TV pictures. I didn't put any verification on the picture dimensions in that part.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016