RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

It WORKS!!!!

Thank you for all the effort, I would like to add a new sugestion for the version 7: In the Managing Assets Wizard, in the "General information" field, Is it possible to use tab to change from "Name" field to "Credit to" field (then Category, Part and Import Icon)? It would make faster to introduce new parts instead of clicking and moving the mouse.

@StrawberrySmiles, did you try to add Admin permission to the exe before importing the files?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  2. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  3. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @miyanke : You can already use tab, even though the order is a complete mess :D. But I'll make sure to make it work properly with version 0.07.

@StrawberrySmiles : As expected your generator folder is messed up. Your male accessories B does not follow a proper numbering. Instead of 18,19,20,21, you have 18,22,50,59. My generator cannot deal with wrong ordering for now. I recommend you to properly clean your Generator folder or make sure that everything follows a proper order. For v0.07 I'll try to make the software able to import resources like this, but for now that won't be possible. I'll keep your folder for later tries though, thank you :)

4. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, but I un-installed RPG Maker MV and re-installed BEFORE giving you that folder. So I'm not sure what to do now. o.o

5. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @StrawberrySmiles : I think when you uninstall, the folder is not deleted because you added new files before. Once you uninstall, be sure to delete the Generator folder, then reinstall RPG Maker MV.

6. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan. Can I add TV, SV or TVD to an Ear part (for example for an elf ears)? When I select to add the window is blank.

7. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @miyanke : No you can't with the default configuration of MV since there is only the face element drawn for them. It will require some specific configuration.

What I will do soon : I will create new templates with specific resources edits or RPG Maker MV resources. These new templates will be an enhancement of what is proposed by default. With those by default the body won't have any face nor ear nor mouth. It will be base resources specifically made for my generator.

8. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    How about adding hotkeys for some buttoms?

Like "R" to remove the current selected item or delete for example, it quickens the creation alot.

Schlangan likes this.
  9. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I see you have changed the inner processes of the program. Congratulation!

To use it I finnally added the resource as "Beast Ears" instead of "Ears" and it's solved. I'll wait until the new update to put it in a better place.

pointy.png
    Thank you for your answers ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2016
  10. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @Schlangan,

Mostly done with my edits and trying to import the TallTV resources into the Generator, as you suggested, by deleting the existing entries and then reimporting manually, so they all get selected together under one icon (For RearHair_p01, for example)

I've made several attempts, and they all didn't work - first try was to clear the Resources Folder, Import an empty MV folder structure, (except for the Gradient.png) and then add each resource. Got a crash.

Then tried by deleting all of the resources in the editor after a full MV import, once all were deleted, it crashed on me.

I discovered that the removal of the asset from the editor didn't delete the underlying files in the Resources editor, so I deleted those, except the .dat and the Gradients.png, still no dice.

Then, I tried a full import, and deleted just AccessoryA_p01, deleted underlying files for just that asset, then tried a manual add, but I get the red text, even though there are no assets under that name.

I even tried just having a standalone empty generator, adding just my template, and adding my own resources to it. It failed, but I suspect I hadn't copied the Gradient file in yet.

The only way I've been able to get my assets into the editor is to do a full import, add my template, then add my resources under a different name. This will work, but makes the editor a bit cumbersome, as you have to overlay body_p01 AND TallTV_body_p01 on the character, as well as each asset. The AccA_p01 and TallTV_AccA_p01 have identical icons, so the user would have to select both icons by sight. 

Does the removal of the assets not remove the entry from the .dat file? Your generator is great, but it has too good a memory.

:)

If you happen to dig back into the code, and are looking for any additional ideas for what to add, here are a few based on my use of it:

1. Add the ability to add new parts to existing templates. I created a few weapons (Back scabbards, bows and quivers) but can't add them to the base MV templates. I know they wouldn't work in the basic generator, but they would in yours.

2. Have it delete the underlying parts and records when you remove an entry from the Manage Resources window.

3. Give it the ability to rearrange the templates on the screen after they are added, somehow.

4. Definitely give it the ability to import custom template contents by folder and marry them into existing parts if they are named the same. Could even give the option to add a template before the MV import, then look for a folder in the MV Generator path with that name and contents.

Kudos on what you've done so far. Though the manual adds are a bit cumbersome, they do work, and the additional basic parts I've added (like beard_p12) have added seamlessly into all templates.

PS - If you would like another coder to assist in the effort, I do code for a living and have done multiple projects in VB.NET for work. I have VS 2013 installed on this machine, if you are interested drop me a direct message and we'll take that conversation offline.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016
    Schlangan likes this.
  11. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello @Lynvia :

It appears that the function of deletion of assets is not working properly. It should have been removing file, but it is not. Hence, I am going to fix this for v0.07. As I had other suggestions, I've started working a bit on this new version. It will specifically include a way to edit resources. Doing so, you'll be able to change/add pictures to templates. This will be especially useful for you who want to add pictures to existing resources after creating templates.

I added your suggestions to the first post of this topic, they will be implemented in v0.07. For the manual addition, I don't see another way to do it (apart from the RPG Maker MV folder like importation)

For your proposition, it is better if you don't look at my code. I never learned to code in class, so I'm using my own logic, which makes it hard to read for other people :D . Moreover, I am using Visual Studio 2015, you won't be able to work on the generator with Visual Studio 2013.

12. blakebishop1989

blakebishop1989 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    i was wondering if anyone had any templates, that they've already created and exported? i've tried a few times to set this up, but it seems all the tutorials are done in an editor that is out of date. help please ;D

13. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you go to the first post, @Schlangan has a link to his website where i believe he has an updated tutorial.

If the tutorial is for the earlier version, I think the earlier versions of the program work with the folder and file contents of the later version, he mainly did front-end and bugfixes.

14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  15. blakebishop1989

First Language:
    english
    @Schlangan thank you for the quick response, i believe i'm slowly figuring it out, is there a way for me to import templates that others have already made for Pioneer valley graphics? not sure if it has this function or not

16. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @blakebishop1989: While there is no direct importation of templates for now, you can however have the templates imported through a RXGE file, since the templates specifications are imported within those file. Ask for RXGE files, so you can get an easy set-up of the templates.

17. blakebishop1989

First Language:
    english
  18. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Schlangan! I'm working with the updated generator and I've found a bug with exporting character sets. When I try to pick a different position in the export, it completely ignores 3 rows and tries to put the walking sprite on basically a different section of the sheet. I'm inserting a screenshot to better explain.

I could get the export to work but only if I made sure to position the sprite first before doing anything at all. If I scrolled to click on a position, it would be off from the set location and nothing I could do would bring it back into alignment save closing out the exporter and starting again. 

bug report.png

19. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I had a similar thing happen to me as @feckyeslife but with a SV battler sheet... though I can't seem to find my save of it now so ignore me.

20. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @feckyeslife, @Arcmagik : It seems to be a bug due to the scrollbars, I'll fix this for next version. Try to increase the size of the window if you can for now.

feckyeslife likes this.