RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

miyanke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to update the file downloading the new one, but once copy-pasted in my original folder (replacing the old one) it still says that I have the Version Alpha 0.06c

Is the file correct?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Blue Shift : The Kid category is created when you import the last version of the RPG Maker folder

@miyanke : I uploaded it to the wrong directory, my bad -_-'. Now it is fixed you can get v0.07.

Rihal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
I can't download this program please give me directy link ,my email <removed by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rihal please do not post your email - spambots are searching the internet for such posts and will spam you if you do.

That said, the very first post in this topic contains a direct download link to the exe - nothing send to you by email can be anything else.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe it's just me, but whenever I make a character in the generator, save it and open it back up later, it's jumbled around and some are even so messed up that they can't be edited since the generator placed parts that aren't even there.  One of the characters I had to edit the file manually in order for it to be editable.

Anyone else having this issue or is it only me? @_@

EDIT:

It seems the editor, upon saving, isn't placing the correct index numbers for parts chosen for some categories.  It actually does 1-index based instead of 0-index for some of them, thus throwing it off upon loading the characters.  I noticed this on:

1. Body
  2. Face (I think, will test a little later)
  3. Rear Hair
  4. Eyes
  5. Nose (again, I think)
  6. Mouth
  7. Clothing
  8. Accessory A
  9. Accessory B
  10. Glasses

I wasn't using all the categories for this one particular character, but for the ones shown above, this is what was affected.  I will do further testing and see exactly what it affects.  And yes, this includes imported resources.

Lastly, this pertains to mon's female resources.  Seems that the eyebrows have to be edited via the data.dat file (Notepad or your favorite text editor will do) in order to fix them to work properly since upon importation, the masks are not even imported (or overwritten completely) even though a second set is showing and when trying to manually edit the resources for them in the generator to force them to work, including correcting the color masks, the program gives me an exception error, so I had to manually edit it in the data.dat file.  That seemed to be the only resources affected, but I can't be certain until I get more and test them.

Oh and I'm using the latest version, Alpha v0.07.

blakebishop1989

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
i created an rxge file to upgrade my resources to the new generator, however i continue to get a ran out of memory error when choosing files.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@djDarkX : It is pretty strange. When I create a character, save it, and reopen it later after closing the software, there is no issue. Though, this could happen if you were to changed the resource you have.

@blakebishop1989 : You'll have to be a bit more specific on the error. A screen capture associated to what you're trying to do for example.

djDarkX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting.  I think you might be on to something.  Thanks for the insight.  I'll test that out and see if that's what's causing it because after the restart of the program it seems to be saving the indexes properly now (viewing the rxgc file in Notepad++ when saving to check to see what values get changed).

But the problem with mon's eyebrows still stands.  Not sure what's causing it, but at least I forced it to work lol

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@djDarkX : Give me a link for mon's resources, I'll take a look.

djDarkX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's the link, as requested:

By the way, great job on the generator.  Pretty sure I stated it before in this thread, but seriously.  Great job!

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I found out what was wrong. In fact, the eyebrows files were not correctly named. Perhaps MV's generator was able to work with that, but not my generator. Normally, the files should be named like :
- FG_Eyebrows_p11_c1_m003
- FG_Eyebrows_p11_c2_m001

Since they were only c1 and no c2, the importation failed. I created an RXGE file and posted it in Mon's topic.

Mesajia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Schlangan,

your program is absolutely cool. It was always to awful renaming all the gen parts. So thank you very much for this work. It's even better than the real genereator :)

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Schlangan - First...your gen is super awesome...im ashamed to say I really underestimated it when it first came out. MV gen is good, but I think yours is soooo much better.

Anyway, I was wondering if exportation of character sheets as layered files might be a possibility somewhere down the line? It would make editing finer details loads easier....I have no idea if that's even plausible...im not so great on the programming side of GD, but I was just wondering. Thanks again! =3   

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KaBlooZio : I see what you would like to have, however what would be the type of the layered files ? As far as I know, Visual Studio doesn't include the file format of Paint Shop Pro, Paint.Net or even Photoshop. So, I'm not sure I can export in a layered file format you can read. I'll see what I can do about this, but I'm not sure this can be done.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@KaBlooZio : I see what you would like to have, however what would be the type of the layered files ? As far as I know, Visual Studio doesn't include the file format of Paint Shop Pro, Paint.Net or even Photoshop. So, I'm not sure I can export in a layered file format you can read. I'll see what I can do about this, but I'm not sure this can be done.

I'm so sorry, I don't know why I didn't specify...lol. I use gimp mostly, and I know lots of other people do...but still, most probably don't, and instead probably use all those you mentioned. It sucks that VS doesn't have the file format for PS. Anyway, thanks for looking into it!

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so sorry, I don't know why I didn't specify...lol. I use gimp mostly, and I know lots of other people do...but still, most probably don't, and instead probably use all those you mentioned. It sucks that VS doesn't have the file format for PS. Anyway, thanks for looking into it!
@KaBlooZio I used GIMP predominantly until my son turned me on to the simpler toolset in Paint.Net. The shortcut keys in PDN are amazingly convenient.

Regardless of which method you choose, you can easily access the layers already from within either the Generator subfolders, or the Resources folder in RXGE. I used that method when attempting to use MackSprites without needing to access the website everytime I wanted to gen a character, and it ported over well to the MV Generator and RXGE as well.

Using that method you can layer as you see fit, but with RXGE, adding additional part types makes that method pretty much a non-issue, and keeps you from having to contend with getting the colors right.

If you need to edit just one layer's object, you can copy that, edit it, and re-import it into the generator as a new option fairly easily too. For instance, putting a medallion on the sailor's hat, or a skull and crossbones. ;-)

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Lynvia - seems after like 3-4 years I'm still learning things about gimp, lol. I'm glad that at least if I did decide to move toward PS, many of gimp feature translate fairly well into "photoshop-ish", if you will, lol. But yeah, I just realized that I could import images from the gen folder directly into gimp, as layers. :/ ....but still, if he does find a way to export as layered files in his extended gen, and decided to do so, it would be a HUGE convieniance, I think. :) ...not that it not already convieniant enough. 

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To solve the layer issue, can you have it export a png for each layer instead of just one file? Also, I think TIFF files do layers but I can't remember if it does transparency.

Can you add a feature to export character, face, and battler sprites all at once?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Michael Caiola : Same thing, TIFF files are not natively supported by Visual Studio. Concerning the exportation of several templates at once, the problem lies within the charsets, damagesets and facesets. Now, you can do like RPG Maker MV's generator, and put several charsets on a single file. If I were to allow multi exportation at once, this would mean that the multicharsets per files won't be available. Or, I could maybe make the generator reload the export window as many times as the number of templates. I'll have to think of the best way to do this.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do I change priorities in the latest version for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.
I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muhlijem