RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried to update the file downloading the new one, but once copy-pasted in my original folder (replacing the old one) it still says that I have the Version Alpha 0.06c

Is the file correct?

2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Blue Shift : The Kid category is created when you import the last version of the RPG Maker folder

@miyanke : I uploaded it to the wrong directory, my bad -_-'. Now it is fixed you can get v0.07.

3. Rihal

Rihal Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    I can't download this program please give me directy link ,my email <removed by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rihal please do not post your email - spambots are searching the internet for such posts and will spam you if you do.

That said, the very first post in this topic contains a direct download link to the exe - nothing send to you by email can be anything else.

5. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe it's just me, but whenever I make a character in the generator, save it and open it back up later, it's jumbled around and some are even so messed up that they can't be edited since the generator placed parts that aren't even there.  One of the characters I had to edit the file manually in order for it to be editable.

Anyone else having this issue or is it only me? @_@

EDIT:

It seems the editor, upon saving, isn't placing the correct index numbers for parts chosen for some categories.  It actually does 1-index based instead of 0-index for some of them, thus throwing it off upon loading the characters.  I noticed this on:

1. Body
    2. Face (I think, will test a little later)
    3. Rear Hair
    4. Eyes
    5. Nose (again, I think)
    6. Mouth
    7. Clothing
    8. Accessory A
    9. Accessory B
    10. Glasses

I wasn't using all the categories for this one particular character, but for the ones shown above, this is what was affected.  I will do further testing and see exactly what it affects.  And yes, this includes imported resources.

Lastly, this pertains to mon's female resources.  Seems that the eyebrows have to be edited via the data.dat file (Notepad or your favorite text editor will do) in order to fix them to work properly since upon importation, the masks are not even imported (or overwritten completely) even though a second set is showing and when trying to manually edit the resources for them in the generator to force them to work, including correcting the color masks, the program gives me an exception error, so I had to manually edit it in the data.dat file.  That seemed to be the only resources affected, but I can't be certain until I get more and test them.

Oh and I'm using the latest version, Alpha v0.07.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
  6. blakebishop1989

blakebishop1989 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    i created an rxge file to upgrade my resources to the new generator, however i continue to get a ran out of memory error when choosing files.

7. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @djDarkX : It is pretty strange. When I create a character, save it, and reopen it later after closing the software, there is no issue. Though, this could happen if you were to changed the resource you have.

@blakebishop1989 : You'll have to be a bit more specific on the error. A screen capture associated to what you're trying to do for example.

8. djDarkX

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interesting.  I think you might be on to something.  Thanks for the insight.  I'll test that out and see if that's what's causing it because after the restart of the program it seems to be saving the indexes properly now (viewing the rxgc file in Notepad++ when saving to check to see what values get changed).

But the problem with mon's eyebrows still stands.  Not sure what's causing it, but at least I forced it to work lol

9. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @djDarkX : Give me a link for mon's resources, I'll take a look.

10. djDarkX

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's the link, as requested:

By the way, great job on the generator.  Pretty sure I stated it before in this thread, but seriously.  Great job!

11. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I found out what was wrong. In fact, the eyebrows files were not correctly named. Perhaps MV's generator was able to work with that, but not my generator. Normally, the files should be named like :
    - FG_Eyebrows_p11_c1_m003
    - FG_Eyebrows_p11_c2_m001

Since they were only c1 and no c2, the importation failed. I created an RXGE file and posted it in Mon's topic.

djDarkX likes this.
  12. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Schlangan,

your program is absolutely cool. It was always to awful renaming all the gen parts. So thank you very much for this work. It's even better than the real genereator :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
    Schlangan likes this.
  13. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Schlangan - First...your gen is super awesome...im ashamed to say I really underestimated it when it first came out. MV gen is good, but I think yours is soooo much better.

Anyway, I was wondering if exportation of character sheets as layered files might be a possibility somewhere down the line? It would make editing finer details loads easier....I have no idea if that's even plausible...im not so great on the programming side of GD, but I was just wondering. Thanks again! =3   

Schlangan likes this.
  14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KaBlooZio : I see what you would like to have, however what would be the type of the layered files ? As far as I know, Visual Studio doesn't include the file format of Paint Shop Pro, Paint.Net or even Photoshop. So, I'm not sure I can export in a layered file format you can read. I'll see what I can do about this, but I'm not sure this can be done.

PixelHeart likes this.
  15. PixelHeart

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other

I'm so sorry, I don't know why I didn't specify...lol. I use gimp mostly, and I know lots of other people do...but still, most probably don't, and instead probably use all those you mentioned. It sucks that VS doesn't have the file format for PS. Anyway, thanks for looking into it!

16. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KaBlooZio I used GIMP predominantly until my son turned me on to the simpler toolset in Paint.Net. The shortcut keys in PDN are amazingly convenient.

Regardless of which method you choose, you can easily access the layers already from within either the Generator subfolders, or the Resources folder in RXGE. I used that method when attempting to use MackSprites without needing to access the website everytime I wanted to gen a character, and it ported over well to the MV Generator and RXGE as well.

Using that method you can layer as you see fit, but with RXGE, adding additional part types makes that method pretty much a non-issue, and keeps you from having to contend with getting the colors right.

If you need to edit just one layer's object, you can copy that, edit it, and re-import it into the generator as a new option fairly easily too. For instance, putting a medallion on the sailor's hat, or a skull and crossbones. ;-)

PixelHeart likes this.
  17. PixelHeart

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Lynvia - seems after like 3-4 years I'm still learning things about gimp, lol. I'm glad that at least if I did decide to move toward PS, many of gimp feature translate fairly well into "photoshop-ish", if you will, lol. But yeah, I just realized that I could import images from the gen folder directly into gimp, as layers. :/ ....but still, if he does find a way to export as layered files in his extended gen, and decided to do so, it would be a HUGE convieniance, I think. :) ...not that it not already convieniant enough. 

18. Michael Caiola

Michael Caiola The Stone Bull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To solve the layer issue, can you have it export a png for each layer instead of just one file? Also, I think TIFF files do layers but I can't remember if it does transparency.

Can you add a feature to export character, face, and battler sprites all at once?

19. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Michael Caiola : Same thing, TIFF files are not natively supported by Visual Studio. Concerning the exportation of several templates at once, the problem lies within the charsets, damagesets and facesets. Now, you can do like RPG Maker MV's generator, and put several charsets on a single file. If I were to allow multi exportation at once, this would mean that the multicharsets per files won't be available. Or, I could maybe make the generator reload the export window as many times as the number of templates. I'll have to think of the best way to do this.

PixelHeart and Michael Caiola like this.
  20. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How do I change priorities in the latest version for the life of me I can't figure it out.