RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Chryron

Chryron Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi Schlangan! I love your generator. I wanted to suggest something though. Could you add an option so that I can export files from your generator's resource folder to the RPG Maker MV's Generator folder after automatically renaming them in the RPG Maker MV format? However, if this can already be done with your generator, could you please tell me how to do it? I have a lot of resources in your generator's resources folder that I wanted to transfer over to the RPG Maker MV's Generator folder, but manually renaming and copying all the files would take hours.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

It will be quite difficult to do so, as the generator can have many templates and new categories, which do not match with the default RPG Maker MV Generator folder. Also, the generator can do everything that the default editor does. Why would you need to transfer back the resources ?

3. Chryron

Chryron Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I know it can, but it feels neater if I have all the resources in both places. I thought it could have a feature where you can select the resources that can be transferred to the Generator and then the program would do the rest automatically. I understand if its difficult though. Thanks anyway :)

4. RPGfan2005

RPGfan2005 The Great RPG Fanatic Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love you!

Marquise* likes this.
  5. jeaceb

jeaceb Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I am having the Index was outside of the array thing is there anyway to fix this?

6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It depends why you get such error. Was it when importing new resources, creating new resources, and so on ? It appears that there is a recurring bug, but I didn't manage to isolate it yet.

7. MacheteLove

MacheteLove Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello. I'm having a slight issue. No sure if it's been discussed yet or not. I use the wizard to get all of the RTP resources into the generator, but it doesn't put in the bodies for some reason. Do I have to do the body template separately?

8. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello. The bodies should be added under the body section in the generator. Unlike MV's default generator, the faces and bodies are on a separate category.

Marquise* likes this.
  9. Tasoth

Tasoth Warper Member

First Language:
    FRENCH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello evryone
    I'am new and it'is my first post here. First of all, i am sorry for my poor english, i am french.

Thanx Schlagan for you're fantastic work !
    i am coming with a suggestion :
    I guess it will be interesting to change the UI and put the part 'elements' on bottom and anchor it.
    Why ? Because, all of us have a lot of elements and it is hard too choose one. It's not so 'user friendly' use lift
    Another suggestion, is it possible sort elements with a folder system to sort our items... Like PNG, warrior, magic and so on

Thanx for all

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Tasoth,

Could you sketch a picture of what exactly you got in mind concerning the anchoring of the elements at the bottom ? It would be help me to understand exactly what you want.

Concerning sorting, since you can create as many parts as you want, you should be able for now to create, let's say, Clothes_PNJ, Clothes_Warrior, and so on. I didn't think of additional information about imported resources, I'll consider a "note" field o help sorting/filtering the items you have.

Marquise* likes this.
  11. Tasoth

Tasoth Warper Member

First Language:
    FRENCH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Do you see what i mean ?
    If you Anchor the elements like you did it for for characters data we are able too see more items

Thanks for your attention

PS: I feel you're coding the app with visual studio. If you need my help, i am a develloper too.

Attached Files:

• UI.jpg
      UI.jpg
      File size:
      248.2 KB
      Views:
    Marquise* and Schlangan like this.
  12. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see, you want to be able to expand the size of the element list as you wish. I'll add it to the suggestion list then ^^

And yes, I'm using Visual Studio, but doing it my way as I never got any course on programmation :p

13. Annastasija

Annastasija Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to use the taller character body templates for this?

14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, this is possible. However, you need to create the templates by yourself through the Manage Assets windows. I believe there was a tutorial somewhere on this forum about this, or you can simply read my tutorials on the website to learn how to create new templates.

Keep in mind that the generator can deal with any kind of template (hence any size of picture) as long as you have the resources of course.

Marquise* and Annastasija like this.
  15. Annastasija

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much for the reply. I guess I would have to make my own resources then.. I haven't seen any for taller non-chibi characters

16. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    . . . You're kidding, right? If not do a search in the resource section for the word "tall".

Schlangan likes this.
  17. Annastasija

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not kidding.... I've always used google image seach and then gone to whatever site of the images I find.​

18. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For example, you could check @hiddenone or @Lynvia resource thread. Both have tall sprites resources.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hiddenones-mv-resource-warehouse.47255/
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lynvias-graphics-stop-tall-sprite-and-dragon-generator-parts-etc.70526/

But be careful with the Google Image thing. First of all, you don't know where the resources really come from, and you must be careful to always give proper credits to whatever you are using.

Annastasija likes this.
  19. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Annastasija - @Schlangan is correct. Most people who provide resources here on the forums give Commercial and non-Commercial license without desiring anything in return except a name in your credits and a copy of the game.

But you do have to be careful and read their terms of use. The artwork takes a significant amount of time, and for some it is how they feed their families, so they charge for their service, as they should. Schlangan's generator gives you a button to show who needs credit for the generator parts resources you use. Ripping image resources off Google image search may seem easy and innocuous, but the images ARE copyrighted, and you could end up in a legal battle with some companies if you rip their resources, for instance, if you built a game from Naruto or Chrono Trigger charas. After all, those companies invested hundreds of thousands in their games.

My generator parts thread has quite a few tall sprite resources built into an RXGE. All you need to do is get a copy of Schlangan's Extended Generator and download my RXGE's and import them. The battlers are chibi, but the walking sprites are tall.

I have nurse's outfits, several medieval outfits refitted for the tall sprites @hiddenone created, as well as a whole generator set set aside for my dragon generator parts. All the standard parts that come with the RTP (front/back hair, wings, accessories, etc.) have been repositioned to work with the taller sprites.

I am getting ready to upload a whole new set of taller sprite modern day clothes - t-shirts and jeans, turtleneck and skirt, medical or research personnel outfits in white labcoats, etc. as well as a new Spacesuit and helmet set.

Not sure if I'll take requests but if there's something you need, ask.

rtester and Annastasija like this.
  20. Annastasija

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much for the advice. I have a text document with lists of names of who to credit, and I only use tiles/plugins from people who say they are free to use. when I google search, I open a picture and go to the website, if I can't find a name and terms, I don't use it. *smiles* I know the rules;) I've been making stuff for like the past four or so years... Never finished anything though... RL always got in the way... I've just never posted on the official forums before. There is plenty I don't know.... But I do know about the copy write stuff.... this is the set of steampunk tiles I would love to use... but can't =/

You know... copy write laws are different in every country... the stuff made on this forum is in the USA right? If someone from say... Russia, or China wanted to use some of it, and not credit you... or even steal big name stuff like Pokemon or whatever... we couldn't stop them... just like they do on the google app store. It's stupid -_-...