RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's not accurate but this isn't the place to discuss exactly why. This has gotten far enough off topic already.

2. Annastasija

Annastasija Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry, I didn't realize I was breaking any rules.

3. LilKnockerOut

LilKnockerOut Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    You probably don't get this asked as much but is it possible for a version of this to be on Mac or is that out of the realm of possibility?

4. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The way the program is coded, it is not meant to work with Mac. As I do not own any of these computers, I am unable to check whereas I can find a satisfying programming language for Mac (I do not find Java satisfying). For now, you should try through a Windows Emulator, to use the generator.

5. rtester

rtester Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was wondering could it be possible to have this output the character sets a little taller than the default character sets? the chibi looking character don't look too great to me. oh and thanks a lot for this.

EDIT: Sorry after I went back and read all 17 pages I see you can do what I was asking about.

Thanks for all the hard work you done with this project.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Schlangan likes this.
  6. Xaessya

Xaessya Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It might be me reading the description wrong but wasn't this tool used to import parts without needing to rename them each file to a specific name to make adding them easier?

When I tried this it won't add anything besides the basic resources that RPG Maker came with. Which it seems like it will only read them if I rename them like I would regularly when putting them into RPG Maker Generator folder.

7. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At first, the extended generator is made to take all the resources from the RPG Maker MV default editor folder. Once this is done, you have several ways to add new resources.

- Import a folder similar to that of RPG Maker MV - In that case the resources must be renamed adequately.
    - Add resources from files by following the Managing resource wizard - You just need to go fetch your files one by one.
    - Import RXGE files, specific resources pack provided by people using the generator - A few clicks are enough to get all the files.

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Xaessya

Xaessya Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The 2nd option didn't work when I tried it and can't use the third option because none of the files are RXGE files so I will have to rename them one by one D:

Although, I was wondering if you had an options or advice if I wanted a character to have rainbow hair colors?

9. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Adding manually will always work, but you need to be careful about what you are doing. I suggest you to follow the tutorials on my website for this : http://schlangan.free.fr/mvxgen_tutorials.html

Concerning the rainbow hair, you would need someone to create such resources. For now, there is no option to add this type of gradient with the generator, as it is quite difficult to create a generalized method to create rainbow resources ; it depends on the shape, length of the hair, clothes, and so on.

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Shadowzewolf

Shadowzewolf newb Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Marquise* likes this.
  11. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mon's expansion corresponds to additional resources. On the contrary, my extended generator is a different software, made to work with new resources, different templates, and with new options compared to RPG Maker MV's default generator. You won't break anything by using it.

Marquise* likes this.
  12. dusksylvari

dusksylvari Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry to be a pain, i noticed that they got the Elf ears to show up now on the default Generator. Is there a way i can get them to work with this one?

FG_Ears_p02_c1_m001
    SV_Ears_p02
    SV_Ears_p02_c
    TV_Ears_p02_c
    TV_Ears_p02
    TVD_Ears_p02_c
    TVD_Ears_p02
    icon_Ears_p02

Is what there names atm.

13. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you try the base importation of RPG Maker MV's editor folder since they added them ? The program should import everything inside this folder.

14. dusksylvari

dusksylvari Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have yes, but it seems to not be working on the SV, TV & TVD.

15. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This means that something must have been changed with that new version. Once I find a bit of time for this, I'll take a look and add a proper importation for the ears if possible.

16. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I added a fair few resources to the Extended Generator but after doing so, seem to have run into a problem where each part (including even default Kadokawa parts) have no element data, meaning I can only recolour a single element on each part. I've checked the masks are intact and they're still there and working perfectly fine, so I really have no idea what the problem is, any tips?

Absolutely love the program in general, by the way, it's a great piece of work!

Marquise* likes this.
  17. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks like an awesome program! I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I wonder if:
    - I can create multiple faces for the same character, and have all versions saved (in MV I can only do one at a time, and if I want to know what parts were used I have to save each one)?
    - it will give me a list of all parts used for each character? The way MV makes you follow a naming format makes it really hard to keep track of credits info, as I can't just put the artist's name as part of the filename. This is one of the most appealing features of the program, for me.

Schlangan and Marquise* like this.
  18. onipunk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    - Multiple faces for the same character: Yup! When you export a faceset or characterset you place it onto a grid, and you can also load up previously exported 8-cell templates, so you can make a full 8-expression sheet for one character just by changing the expressions and exporting them onto the same sheet super easily!
    - Parts list: Also yup! It shows you a list of all the parts used in each character, and you also have to add a credit tag for each resource you import so you can easily click the "See Credits" button to find out exactly who you need to credit for each individual character!

19. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What I was asking is, after saving my face into the 8-cell template, does it remember all the settings or do I have to save them separately? With MV, I'd have to save the 8 different faces, and I'd have to save the "setup" file 8 times, because as soon as I make a change, I've lost the details from the previous face.

20. onipunk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh, my mistake! Yeah, that is essentially what would happen, you'd have to have 8 separate .rxgc files if you wanted to be able to open each variant of the face again in the generator.