RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Shaz : For now, you cannot save eight different pictures for one face, in a character file, but this is an interesting suggestion, I'll keep this in mind.

Concerning the parts used, there is a "See credits" button that gives you the name of all the authors used to create a character. (If you saved their name while importing their resources of course)

dusksylvari and Marquise* like this.
  2. dusksylvari

dusksylvari Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there any update on the ears? :)

Also want to say the Generator is amazing, really has helped a ton.

Schlangan likes this.
  3. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Marquise* likes this.
  4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Woah almost forgot about ears!

5. Pentacles

Pentacles Lazy Creator Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey man ! I still use your program ^^ I'm currently on a rework of the way body is make (I will share them of course). I explain :
    Usually, you chose the body with already the eyes and the nose. Me, I want to chose the body, the eyes, the nose , ect.
    In order to make it possible, I created a body faceless and the eyes.
    I can add the body to your software , but the eyes is a little messy. I can add a Face but not the SV / TV / TDV :(
    I'm sure there is a way to do it (I'm currently checking the template but I don't understand everything :/ Can you help me ? (I'm french too, so we can maybe talk a little more if necessary in PM (And why does I speak english if I already know you're french*? (Yeah the sentence is better like this, and I'm pretty sure that nobody will understand the conversation now XD) I don't know xD) )

Edit : Nevermind, I just came to found. 5 minute after posting my messages. I'm stuck on it since 15H. Damned.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was about to reply to you, this is good that you found the answer. And the why you need to use English is because this is an English forum, and everyone (especially moderators) must be able to read what you write :D

Marquise* likes this.
  7. Pentacles

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah I just noticed my error. (I inversed French and English so I'm pretty sure you didn't understand wtf I was meaning) (in fact when I write / speak in english I think in english so sometimes in mean something and it's not what I actually say. But that doesn't concern the situation so let's just stop about the hors-sujet ...)
    By the way, do you know if there is a way to export the template ? Like that ,if I share my project (And I probably will [I already have a good beginning]), user won't have to modify your software. (Wich is a little complicated to be honest. In same time it demand to modify the configuration of templates so if it was easy it wouldn't be normal [ I mean, well, no, let's just skip the explanation, my mind is off right now sorry...] )
    If it isn't possible, where are stored the template configuration ? data.dat I think ? So export a ... a ... already configured (? I didn't found the english word) version of your Generator (Only the data.dat) would work ?

(I'll try to write less next time ... I swear !)

Edit : I mean, we can export a face (by example) , but does a face that I have programmed to be Face/SV/TV/TDV would still be the same on a no configurated software ? (At least for me I doesn't work)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  8. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Wait a second we are 3 Francophones on the thread now?
    *cybermental waves*

9. Pentacles

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would say ... C'est une riz-volution !

Also, does it is possible to create a new categorie part ? Like to have Eyes and bellow Eyes-Rework. I have create a subpart but it's not that, right ?

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Oh true... I forgot we passed the 24th of July! Happy riz-day! :p

11. Pentacles

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually it's the 14th of July XD Try again ~~

Marquise* likes this.
  12. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Awwwww... sooory!

13. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I thought about exporting templates on a while. The idea could be to export the templates with the saved character file so it could work on any computer wit the software.

Now the problem is that I cannot export the resources with the character files, as it could pose problems of copyright infringement with redistribution of resources.

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A little update on what I'm currently coding; I started to design different modes for the editor, the next update will bring two of them and maybe a third secret one :)

Advanced mode :
    This will be the generator as you all know know it for now, with its complex options. But with that, you can define any kind of template, and so on. Perfect for people who don't want to use the default format of RPG Maker.

Default MV mode :
    This mode "simplifies" a bit the editor, where you don't need to consider the templates, categories, anymore. Instead, you'll use the templates of RPG Maker MV. Of course, you can still add new colors (mask are not a bother anymore here), and shift elements, add many facial marks at once, and so on. I'm starting to design an easier window for adding new resources on this mode. This is the current state of the window, far from complete for now, of course.

[​IMG]

Others modes :
    This will come later, if people ask me for different modes, let's say RPG Maker XP, I'll add them. Completely new things might also come, depending on the demand. These kind of modes may also contain default resources, as long as redistribution is authorized and the resources are copyrighted.

Meanwhile, I started adding a few things. The elf ears will be correctly imported in the next version, and the resource window can now be resized, as it was asked some time ago.

This is it for the current state of the generator. I hope I'll be able to release v0.08 quite soon for you guys to use the new functionalities :)
    Don't forget to check the front post, as I'm updating in there the current changes and suggestions.

Tea's Jams and Marquise* like this.
  15. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Sh... o_O I have to finish my dragon before I think to even proposing to help you with your awesome work! You are quite inspiring to me right now!

Schlangan likes this.
  16. dusksylvari

dusksylvari Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there a way to make glasses appear under the front hair?

17. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The default templates of RPG Maker do not allow so. If you want to do this, you need to go to the Manage templates window (File -> Managing assets -> Manage template) and move the glasses priority before the front hair (Edit drawing orders). Doing so, front hair will be always drawn over the glasses.

Marquise* likes this.
  18. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE - Version 0.08

After several months of no update, here comes a little something :)
    I planned to add more to version 0.08, but since the generator was not correctly importing the elf ears that have been modified in RPG Maker MV, I had to release something fast enough to fix this bug.

Don't forget to always check the front post to see the suggestions and known bugs; and don't be shy, you can ask for crazy enhancements, who knows, i might be able to add them :D

The MV mode for the generator is an easier to use version, for those sticking to MV's templates. Nonetheless, you'll have to import MV's default resource in this mode too, since both modes use separate folders. Switch to advanced mode (with the menu bar) if you want to keep using the complicated but versatile mode :)

Marquise* likes this.
  19. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You've made something beautiful. This just gets better and better. Thank you ever so much.

The one thing that could improve this would be an undo/redo feature. I usually just save my work often to avoid any accidents but it would be nice to be able to skip a reload.

Schlangan likes this.
  20. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's awesome! You're awesome!

Schlangan likes this.