RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. kmaz121

kmaz121 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all, just want to say I'm loving the generator so far. But for some reason the default female body did not load in when I imported the default resources. [​IMG]

It kinda makes my characters look funky :\. Any ideas?

2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you sure you probably have the default resources in the folder you imported ? Because these resources are not from RPG Maker MV. For some reasons did you replace/add new resources in MV's default folder ? Be careful of the numbering in that case, it might have been changed.

3. kmaz121

kmaz121 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As far as I know, I haven't touched the default generator folder ever. The green and orange necks (?) are what I added afterwards, but I uninstalled my RPG Maker MV for about a month, and only recently reinstalled it, so unless I had something in my folder left over from the uninstallation, though I'm fairly certain I deleted my folder completely on top of an uninstallation. Otherwise, I used the Extended Generators importer to get the number 2 and number 3 body generator pieces.

4. Kirimoar

Kirimoar Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First I have to say: This little program is just awesome! Thank you so much for this!
    Importing new files without renaming anything, and changing color tones is just great.

For anybody having troubles: Try starting the program as Administrator. (right click -> run as administrator) I got some errors when importing the default MV files, although there is only 1 user-account which already is the admin. Specifically starting as administrator solved all problems for me.

Schlangan likes this.
  5. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been trying to see if I can fix the files in the Generator folder so the Extended Generator won't throw an error, but no dice.
    I freshly downloaded the Extended Generator, clicked "Resources", then "Import default MV resources...", then "Begin Importation".
    I also did try the "run as administrator" trick, it did no difference for me.
    Side note, when I was checking to make sure I had the wording right just now, I found that apparently, once the window for importing default MV resources is opened, trying to close it results in this error:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex
    at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form1.ReloadUI()
    at RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Module1.LoadAssets()
    at RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form1.Initialization(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form2.Form2_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)
    It always throws this error at Variation\Male.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form2.btnBeginImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    The only thing I can think of is cases where there's an item that only affects the face graphic but doesn't change the TV/TVD/SV graphics, so it doesn't have a graphic for those setups. If that's the case, would it work to just create a blank .png file and name it to fit the aforementioned generator pieces?

6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire : The generator has no problem with items that only exist in Face but not in TV/TVD/SV. If there is an error in Variation importation, it means that there is something wrong in your MV folder, something that you must have altered, like a picture file that is not supposed to be there.

I updated the generator to version 0.08a, to try to fix this possible issue, but I'm not sure it will work, so please check your folder. Concerning the "Form1" error, it has been removed now.

7. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried to download the v0.08a update, but it seems that I'm still getting version 0.08. I click "Download Link (direct executable)", but when I check the "About" it says it's on version 0.08, and when I tell it to check for an update it says v0.08a is available.

8. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The link gives version 0.08a. Check that you're opening the right file on your computer, and try to clear your browser cache if it doesn't work. I would recommend to download the program somewhere and then overwrite the version you have.

Marquise* likes this.
  9. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tried clearing cache, still got version 0.08. There's only one RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.exe file on my computer at any time, as I just delete the ones that didn't work before trying to download the new one.

10. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is strange, as there is only one file on the server, and it is version 0.08a.

11. Luminous

Luminous Veteran Veteran

12. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Luminous and Marquise* like this.
  13. sairus323

sairus323 Wandering mage Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know it's most likely too late for that, but:
    You had Yunary generator resources in your generator folder. (btv I found that theres little bug with them: when you install them into extended generator they replace defailt female body and you must return it manually by adding new body preset. most likely it because little bit wrong file naming, while male body named properly)
    As for your problem: most likely you replaced default budy when installed the resource pack, so try to remove Generator folder and verify steam cache (if you have steam version of RMMV), should help. for non-steam version: try to reinstall program after removing Generator folder.

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Luminous

Luminous Veteran Veteran

Ahhh I see there is a tutorial there.
    That's will great I will study it so I can create a new template for tall battler SV.
    Thankyou very much

Schlangan and Marquise* like this.
  15. maxforummfv

maxforummfv Villager Member

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Can you please release your apps in another site to download? It's hard to get in your download site right now. Please try mega or mediafire? Thanks.

16. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Strange, there should not be any issue with the site itself. Though, maybe the website is blocked by some countries, or your antivirus program is reluctant with the download of an executable file. I'll try to add it to another site later, but the same issue might happen.

maxforummfv likes this.
  17. maxforummfv

maxforummfv Villager Member

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    strange thing is... I can download your file now, with my... phone. My PC or Laptop can't run your site :D

18. webobo

webobo Warper Member

First Language:
    arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i can't access the download link please help

19. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no problem downloading the file from Georgia, USA. I'll share the link until whatever problems you guys are having are figured out. I will immediately take the mirror down if Schlangan wants me to though.
    The file can be downloaded here.

20. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can leave this mirror up for now, and I will add the link to the main page. However, I'll ask you to take it down when I'll release a new version, since it won't be up-to-date anymore. I'm planning to add an automatic update to the generator for next version.