RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds awesome. I absolutely love this program. Not having to manually keep up with who to credit over using various sprites is a huge bonus even outside of it's general usefulness.

2. caladrius

caladrius Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would it be possible to add in the ability to scale the sprites as a post process to create multiple sizes of character?

See:

I think this can be accomplished with reasonably looking results, obviously editing the image by hand would give the best results, but this can be used as a template for rapid prototyping

I have done some experimenting and I think I have come up with what I hope is a relatively easy system to implement

For the Battlers Poses I split the Head from the Torso/Legs and stretch each accordingly.

Below is the stretching table I used for stretching the Battle Animations, Each Step Head is stretched by 1px and the Torso/Legs are stretched by 7px.

Head (0-37px), Torso/Legs (38-64px) (Original [child] Step 1)
    Head (0-38px), Torso/Legs (39-72px) (Early Teen: Step1)
    Head (0-39px), Torso/Legs (40-80px) (Late Teen: Step 3)
    Head (0-40px), Torso/Legs (41-88px) (Adult Female: Step 4)
    Head (0-41px), Torso/Legs (42-96px) (Adult Male: Step 5)

Because of the nature of the battle poses some groups might need small tweaks or in case of the dead pose, the formula is rotated by 90.

For the walk cycle animation I broke the original sprite into three different components so I had more control of the legs to torso ratio.

Below is the stretching table I used for stretching the Walking Animations Each Step Head is stretched by 1px, the Torso is stretched by 2px, and the Legs are stretched by 3px.

Head (0-31px), Torso (32-40px), Legs (41-48px) (Original [child] Step 1)
    Head (0-32px), Torso (33-43px), Legs (44-54px) (Early Teen: Step1)
    Head (0-33px), Torso (34-46px), Legs (47-60px) (Late Teen: Step 3)
    Head (0-34px), Torso (35-49px), Legs (50-66px) (Adult Female: Step 4)
    Head (0-35px), Torso (36-52px), Legs (53-72px) (Adult Male: Step 5)

If all this works then another option that should be easy to add is horizontal stretching for the Torso/Legs (not the head), This will allow developers to create heavy set charters.

Finally I have include a blending comparison, First is Nearest Neighbor, Third is Bilinear, the Middle image is Nearest Neighbor with a 50% transparent overlay using Bilinear. This is my opinion softens the Nearest Neighbor just enough, but doesn’t have the same blurred look that the Bilinear has when stretched to the extreme.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Marquise* likes this.
  3. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This could be an idea, however I'm quite against having a part of the character stretched; because it shows a difference between the neat head and the stretched body. Also, depending on the hair and so on, it might be difficult to automatically stretch the correct parts. Hence, I won't add your proposition to the suggestions for now.

Nonetheless, you can create a new template with the generator, and create new stretched resources. I suppose some image editing softwares can batch operations such as selective stretching. Gimp or paint.net for example offer plugins; perhaps one of them can do what you ask ?

4. HBCake

HBCake Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For the skeleton head accessory (either of them), is it suppose to only apply to the sprites and not the face as well? Doesn't seem like it does it on my end and I wasn't entirely sure. Everything else seems to work just fine between both the sprites and the face, beyond the skeleton heads.

EDIT: I did look through the thread to see, but couldn't find anything, unless I accidentally overlooked it.

5. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It depends on how the skeleton heads resources have been created. In order to have those resources work completely, you need to create body elements (for TV, TVD and SV), and one Face elements for the Facesets. Or else, only applying the body won't change the head in the faceset.

Hence, if the skeleton resources you have only contain body elements, it won't work.

6. HBCake

HBCake Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm, I see. Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it Schlangan, still getting used to everything myself so I wasn't really sure.

Schlangan likes this.
  7. breakout

breakout Villager Member

First Language:
    Deutsch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello and thank you first for this nice character creator! I tried to make bigger characters, but the stretching method by @caladrius didnt work out too well for me, mostly because I could not really seperate the body parts (arms, legs) from the clothing. So, after the streching, my character had too long arms and was blurry, too (although I tried to do it with nearest neighbours).
    It seems to me, that stretching many characters to a size you prefer is a long process, where you end up editing every single character in your image editing program anyway.

Does anyone know an option to make a batch for gimp that works for every character that is created with @Schlangan 's creator program?

It would be nice, if there would be a comfortubale way to create bigger sprites, maybe on the base of @Candacis template - I gues someone has to resize all the existing clothing and stuff to make that happen.

8. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can we get an option to toggle a conformation box for creating a new character? I can't count the number of characters I've destroyed by misclicking and accidentally making a new one when I want to save.

9. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MMMm : I will add the option to the suggestion list, and work on it when I find enough time to work on the software.

Marquise* and MMMm like this.
  10. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks, Schlangan. I use your generator every day. Thank you for making this software.

11. George Halstead

George Halstead Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Friend i love and use this all the time, awesome stuff. Please keep it going friend..

MMMm likes this.
  12. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is really awesome.

When I exported a face sheet for a character, it started saying there were missing icons everywhere. It seems to have a lot of bugs relating to the program after doing an export.

[​IMG]

13. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've done that for a few of the outfits and all of the hair, accessories, beards, etc. for walking sprites using the @hiddenone tall characters.
    Not sure how much that will fit your needs, but here's a link to my resource page.

14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE - Version Alpha 0.09

Hello everyone. A small update here, with a few additions concerning the save system. Once a character has been opened/saved, it is now possible to directly overwrite the file without having to reselect it everytime. Quite time-saving, as the shortcut CTRL+S does the same thing.

As asked by @MMMm, there is now a confirmation window appearing if you didn't save the character, when you click on new/open or want to quit the software.

That's it for now, but I hope those small additions will make things easier for you guys :)

George Halstead, Marquise* and MMMm like this.
  15. George Halstead

George Halstead Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan Just keeps getting better friend, my deepest Thanks to you.

Marquise* likes this.
  16. Koichy

Koichy Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    You are awesome! xD thank's alot now i have to see how to add dragon wings with this, time to read yout tutorials xP

17. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,
    is there a way to display the "behind face" Face part behind the body?

18. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can rearrange any part as you want using the Manage Assets window (in Advanced Mode). Doing so you can alter the drawing order of all parts.

Mesajia likes this.
  19. Vassim74

Vassim74 It's a Secret! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't know if it's been suggested before, but is it possible to add in the ability to edit a resource icon for resources that you've already imported? At the moment I'm basically removing resources just to add in their icons so it's kind of a hassle to have to do this, especially when I have to skip images I don't have for each part.

20. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Vassim74 : If you go to the Manage assets windows in Advanced mode, you can edit any imported resources and change the icon as you wish. You don't need to reimport everything.