RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

SheepMango

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel kind of embarrassed, but I'm a complete noob to RPG Maker in general, how do I export the character from Extended Generator to RPG MV?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You simply have to click on the Export menu in my software to create either the faceset, charset, battler picture. (Export Face, Export Character, Export Damage, Export Battler)

Then, either use the "Tools/Resource Manager" function of RPG Maker MV to import those files in RPG Maker MV, or directly copy them to the appropriate folder in your project (let's call it project_folder). The correspondance is:
- Faces : project_folder/img/faces
- Charsets : project_folder/img/characters
- Damage set : project_folder/img/characters
- Battler : project_folder/img/sv_actors

Once it is done, you can use them as any other image.

DarthKreggles

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

When I add my own custom parts to the generator, they don't have an icon. I use gimp for my edits, if that helps. What can I do to make it display a preview icon in the generator?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
NICE! Now incoming with a manual ^^

Finrod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, let me say that I love this. Thanks for making and refining it so diligently over the past couple years.

So, I've read through the tutorial and all 22 pages here, and I'm still having some troubles (understanding how all this works and getting it to work...)

My goal is to use Hiddenone's tall sprites, and to make assets to go with them. I've finally managed to get a template made for the walking and SV for them, and I thought I'd make new categories for tall male and tall female. (Just thought it would be easier to look through later than having to sort through MV default assets too). Check; they appear to be there. However, I can't get any parts to appear in those categories, even though I have them selected. Nothing shows up at all. I added Hiddenone's sprite sheet for tall males, and it loads fine in the regular male category; it just doesn't show up in my new category for tall males. Even the MV default graphics don't appear in the new category.

Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

And nevermind. I think after spending a little time away from the computer I see what I did wrong.

Last edited:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
And nevermind. I think after spending a little time away from the computer I see what I did wrong.
Could you post what the answer is so anyone else who searches for it in the future will know?

Finrod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure, sorry. And I should clarify. I figured out why my tall sprites weren't appearing in my Tall category. When importing, under General Information, the category I selected was just Male, instead of Tall Male.

But I still don't know why the other assets that I checked don't appear under the Tall category. I couldn't see a way to edit the subparts specifically, so...?

Also, another issue I just ran into is that when I try to import the tall SV, I get to the part where I'm supposed to import the files/pictures; the actual tall SV battler images; but there's nothing there for me to click. (Forum let me upload a pic this time). It says "Completion: 0/0 picture, 0/0 mask picture," but I also can't click next.

upload_2018-8-21_16-37-3.png

And here's another one solved, but I don't know how. I backed out a few times and it kept giving the same problem. Never closed the program, but hung out with my wife for a bit and when I came back it worked fine. :unsure:;)

Last edited:

LikeEpic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello! I love your program! But there is one issue! After some time, when i want to export graphics and give them a other place in the template, the graphic go to the wrong place and it will happen again until i restart the program. Its a little bit annoying :/ I reinstall the program already, still issues. Hope somebody can help me.

sorry for my bad language. english is not my native language.
upload_2018-8-25_16-22-55.png

Last edited:

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
the graphic go to the wrong place and it will happen again until i restart the program
Hi! When that happens, it's just a visual glitch. If you click on the bottom part, your sprite actually goes there. It can be fixed if you resize the program's window to full screen and then shrink it back.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys for your input, I'm going to investigate why these sorts of bugs happen. I'm not sure when I'll get enough time to do so, but i'll try to fix that for the next version.

Yion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! When that happens, it's just a visual glitch. If you click on the bottom part, your sprite actually goes there. It can be fixed if you resize the program's window to full screen and then shrink it back.
I love you.

Tharuu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few questions. 1) Is this project dead? 2) Where is the 0.09 version? (I can only find 0.08a). 3) Any idea why when i try to import recourses from the old generator, it gives me an error when i get to SV/kid? I get the option to ignore the error and and continue, but when i choose that, the progress bar doesn't continue. I did put a boat-load of custom generator parts in the kid folders, but i can't even try without them, because i don't know which are custom, and which are default.

Tatl

Sidekick
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Awesome generator! However my female and male bodies are missing! Do I replace them into the face folder? and what do I name them?

The bodies work in my RPGmaker program, but didn't import to the extended generator and seem not to be in my RPGMV>Generator folders

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome generator! However my female and male bodies are missing! Do I replace them into the face folder? and what do I name them?

The bodies work in my RPGmaker program, but didn't import to the extended generator and seem not to be in my RPGMV>Generator folders
Just double click the missing icon in the generator, it will work anyway. It's missing an icon because RMMV doesn't use icons for the bodies as they're the default body option.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you're looking for new features, a good one would be if we had "presets" that could be applied to the current character and added on top of what generator parts you're currently using.

It would greatly simply making faces for example, if we could load a saved set of expressions onto the character and do this for each expression you want to convey.

Reactions: SOC

Artorias1389

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been trying to import some resources I downloaded from some of Bokou's generator parts, and they're not appearing even though it says it has been imported. I've tried every way imaginable for them to show up in the editor but they're not showing up. All folders are in MV format and everything is in order the way it should as far as I can tell. No error messages when trying to import, just completely not there. Are the resources I downloaded incompatible, or am I doing something wrong? It's been extremely frustrating.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
All folders are in MV format and everything is in order the way it should as far as I can tell.
You'll need to post a screen shot of your file structure. A common mistake is when the folder doesn't have a male or female folder in it. The generator won't import without that.

Artorias1389

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay so here's the process I've been doing.Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG Capture8.PNG Capture9.PNG As you can see, I've followed every step and made sure the files are in the right format. As of posting this, the only possible thing I can maybe think of is that in the 'Face" folder, there is only a text document and no image file, saying he couldn't upload the face image file due to DLC restrictions.

I hope this helps in resolving my problem, what am I doing wrong? I'm sure its probably something so small its going to make me sling my laptop into the wall.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hope this helps in resolving my problem, what am I doing wrong? I'm sure its probably something so small its going to make me sling my laptop into the wall.
It is something small. You have it backwards. You're meant to have the male and female folders for each part.

So It should look like this:

Hood folder -> SV folder -> Male folder -> SV battle images

And you'd need to do this for all of the pieces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmeeDucks