RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. cedr777

cedr777 Lead developer of "Charao Life" Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does this work for Tall/Mac sprites?
    edit: looks like it does.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    MMMm likes this.
  2. IlligalBeagle

IlligalBeagle Beagle Goddess Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I dunno if this has been solved or not, but I have a few parts and they do not seem to be appearing (I have tried importing manually and deleting all of the other resorces and importing again). I am not completely sure that it has been solved. But maybe there is a solution. I also really like this! Some of the things that I would like to use do not work well in the built in generator, so this works very well!

3. Frozen_Phoenix

Frozen_Phoenix Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome program!

Not sure if it has been suggested, or even if it is possible, but a good idea is to add a complete color picker or just a box where we can enter our desired hex code. Sometimes the color we want aren't there in the defaults.

4. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In Default mode, you can go to Resources -> Change Colors (CTRL+ALT+C), and add new gradients by choosing the color among the 16,777,216 availbale colors. But since it calls Windows default windows for colors, you can't enter the hex code, you have to write the three components out of 255 (or click in the color picker).

In Advanced mode, you need to go to File -> Managing assets wizard (CTRL+M), then select "Configure masks colors and gradients colors". You can add new gradients in the right part of the window. Default mode is easier if you only want to add new colors.

Frozen_Phoenix and MMMm like this.
  5. Frozen_Phoenix

Frozen_Phoenix Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Found it, thanks!

6. JazzGotBlues

JazzGotBlues Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm really losing my stuff... I have never been any good with Coding and Computer files etc... but it just looks so EASY :(
    I hate to bump this threat just to ask a question, but it looks so great and I really want to use this generator

folder.png
    This exact file I want to put into the Generator, however if I try to do it (I used the Mv Settings, as the other one didn't work) it just says: Uploaded and then doesn't show a thing.

Can anyone just explain how I'm supposed to do this? I don't even need to know what I'm doing wrong or anything... as I just don't know what to do (and yes I did read the online tutorial)

Thanks in advance folks

7. Rhukii

Rhukii Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    I keep on having an error that says Index is out of range when trying to import the ressources. Does someone know how to avoid or fix this? I tried importing the original mv folder and also a mv like folder, everytime same error. Dunno what I could do about it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  8. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Inside that folder, do you have it setup so that the folders are ordered

Face -> Female -> (images)

The generator needs them in the right category or else it can't display them. You need a male or female folder inside each folder for this reason.

Hopefully it's fixed in an update.

JazzGotBlues likes this.
  9. Rhukii

Rhukii Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Thanks for your reply! The folder setup is right. I got the face/sv/tv/tvd/variations folders and inside each a folder for male/female/child with the images.

It worked once only. Then I added some custom ressources meant for the mv generator and since then it stopped working. I tried deleting the custom ressources and only importing standart images, but the same error pops up.

I hope there will be some fix for this in the future.

JazzGotBlues likes this.
  10. Reiko Lupus

Reiko Lupus Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello, I have a problem.
    When I go to "Managing Assets Wizard" to add resources manually, the option for that is disabled.

Why this happens?

[​IMG]

11. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's definitely strange, because it never happened to me and I just followed instructions on this thread.

That's probably the number 1 issue that this software needs to address, other than that it's great as it is also able to handle even tall sprites.

In my case, whenever I try to Manage Resources and update the sprite sheet e.g. replacing the icon file, it gives me the Index is out of range always. so I have to search and edit the icon file by replacing it manually in the folder.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  12. Reiko Lupus

Reiko Lupus Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Is necessary to do something before you do it?
    I followed the instructions in the web page, but maybe I accidentally skipped something or didn't saw it.

13. haruspero

haruspero Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having trouble finding the "Managing Assets Resource Wizard." Is it not available on RPG Maker MV 1.6.1?
    Screenie1.PNG
    Screenie2.PNG
    Screenie3.PNG

14. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  15. haruspero

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How did you get this to work then? I've seen your past messages that give me the assumption that this has worked for you?

16. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just followed the tutorial on the first post. and mind you I don't use this for chibi sprites.
    My application is specifically tailored for tall sprites btw.
    Which i'll gladly welcome anyone sharing...
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tall-character-collection.102351/

Also, here is a screenshot of what you're looking for:
    [​IMG]

17. haruspero

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see. So it is in the Extended Generator. Thank you for your assistance. :kaopride:

18. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's what i've been telling you in my previous post.
    There is no such thing as a "Managing Assets Resource Wizard" in RPG Maker MV 1.6.1 or in any version previous from it, to say the least.
    Never has and never will.
    From the moment of it's release in 2015. NO ONE I REPEAT, NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN ABLE to alter the editor's interface whatsoever.
    And it will probably remain that way even until it's next iteration.

You probably thought that Shlangan's generator will augment/alter/append/supplement the editor. Well no, it's a 3rd party software.

sorry for my bad english.

19. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think that no one has been able to alter the editor's interface. It's simply forbidden, we have no rights to modify RPG Maker's source code. hence my software, which provides an alternate character editor with the ability to use RPG Maker resources. And of course, no resources can be provided with the extended generator itself, as it would be forbidden too :)

Marquise* likes this.
  20. Protagonist7

Protagonist7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm having an issue-when I try to import resources, it gets stuck and shows an error message ("Outside bounds" or something like that) and won't be able to install it. It gets stuck on that, essentially. Do you know how to fix this?