RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It often happens when there is a mistake in the naming of the files you want to import. Check if all files are properly numbered.

Marquise* and MMMm like this.
  2. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just want to say this is such an awesome tool! At first I was reluctant to try it as I thought it would be hard to learn, but it turned out to be quite user friendly. And it's much more useful, especially when one needs to add custom stuff.

Thanks for making this!

MMMm likes this.
  3. JaeJaeCee

JaeJaeCee Emerald Phoenix Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I do think that the colors should be categorized into the categories that they are normally in in the REGULAR generator- to make it easier to rebuild a character that you want to improve on, as in finding the right colors- but I also think that these categories should be usable with any item, from hair to accessories. I like the freedom of being able to use ANY color, especially since i like using greens in clothing but the only green that the normal generator lets you use for clothing is an awful, pale, half watered mint green. I like being able to create shades, as well.

One thing that i will point out, bug-wise, though- if you are building sheets with your characters, you cannot load and export a picture properly after a couple goes. I have an ongoing bug where it will displace the photo that I am trying to pin into an existing one absolutely at random. It is very, very irritating to have to close and re-open the application each time I want to export face, battler, damage and walk.
    This ONLY happens if I am adding the piece I made to a sheet. Never if I try to move it from its initial position at the top left corner- so, say, if the character is the first in the new sheet.
    Am I the only one experiencing this?

MMMm likes this.
  4. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The work around is to greatly expand the export window, then click the top left slot on the sheet you're exporting to.

The amount of slots hasn't changed at all, but you can then count exactly how many spaces there are when you click and you'll know what place you're exporting the sheet to.

5. JaeJaeCee

JaeJaeCee Emerald Phoenix Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks

MMMm likes this.
  6. EgorFlame87

EgorFlame87 Blue Mage Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please, help me.

Extended character generator is a cool thing that only makes me feel good. But only I chose for myself folders with cool parts and imported them all, as two disobedient ones appeared that feed me with a mistake. The only way out of this situation is the rxge file that I can't create. I had to make these folders from the archives in which they were all separately, and therefore the error of Character Generator on my work is expected. I definitely know for sure that I will stop adding parts there after this, which is why my ass burns even harder from errors. I ask you to do me a favor and let my playful little hands sit for the creation of the game)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  7. WiccaPayne

WiccaPayne Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just want to confirm that this is not compatible with Mac computers? I downloaded and extracted it, and the folder was empty. I attempted this on two separate occasions.

I'd love to be able to use this, so any suggestions would be great, but I don't believe I'll be able to.
    Thanks!

8. Alphaistimz

Alphaistimz AlphaDio Production Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow! This is great!
    Well, I'm a little bit confused on how to differentiate skin and non-skin color, but I can cope with it
    I just wonder how to change the author's name since I compile my files in the same folder (which will help a lot, since I also have some of mine)

9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Hullo @Schlangan I noticed that your title says last update was in January 2018 and your last reply here is in January 2019. Is there a typo in the title or the last update had its 1 year B-Day?

(I wanted to link it to a creation group as a generator tool and I wanted to be precise.)

10. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The last update was in 2018, nothing new has come up since then, it has been one year already ^^

Marquise* likes this.
  11. Alphaistimz

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @schalangan You haven't answered my question. How to configure author?
    And a suggestion from me: a preview will be nice. The user can see the parts before they're really being set instead of removing/replacing parts, just like the default MV generator.

MMMm likes this.
  12. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oopsie I didn't see your message; You enter the Author name when you import resources. Else, it will be the default name.

As for a preview, why not, but I need to think of the location of such preview.

Juanita Star, Marquise* and MMMm like this.
  13. fireflyege

fireflyege Magic is the destination of all wisdom. Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am on a love - technical problems relationship with this.

I am in love because it can make my work so much easier. Yet the technical problems are there because whenever I export a file from anything other than RPG Maker MV default resources it gets... weird. Some of them are missing certain pieces and idk what to do other than asking what exact resources work perfectly with it or if anyone has a resource file that includes the work of everyone.

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Schlangan Sh..~! Times flies really too fast! *Hears DC making a mess in the kitchen*

15. Alphaistimz

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think that glasses are all this thick, it should be see-through... I think it isn't caused by the gradient... Also, when it bugs a bit, it randomly removes color of my currently used parts which is annoying

EDIT: I think the generator just gets not responding too much, thus using it requires a long time due to this

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  16. Argentdragon

Argentdragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having a bit of trouble trying to use one of Avery's accessories with this generator. I can't post any pictures of it due to her policies, so I'll do my best to describe what's going on.

Might be a bit long so I'll put it in a spoiler.
    The accessories are the crowns which have 2 parts: the main base + the jewels. Due to how they are supposed to layer, I have to place the jewel layer on top so they appear above the crown bases. This worked great, until I noticed that the colours would invert. Example: I choose purple for the jewel layer which works for the "face" view, but the purple colour is applied to the crown base instead of the jewels for the "SV, TV, TVD" views.
    Now, I have no idea what I did, but for some reason one of the crowns gives me 4 subcolour options - so the problem can be fixed this way. I honestly don't know why the colours show up as Accessory A and Accessory B. BOTH crowns are named exactly the same way in the folder with the exception of the "pXX" part.
    Capture.PNG
    However, the other crown gives me the normal 2 subcolour:
    Capture1.PNG
    Both crowns have similar parts as mentioned before, so I don't understand why there's a variation. If possible, I'd like to switch the bottom one to have 4 subcolours, because if it's only 2, it inverts my colours.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can post the filenames I've given them if needed.

17. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The number of subcoulours is normally calculated from the amount of colors in the "color" files (the one ending with _c.png). It takes into account the number of colors through the charset, damage set, and side-view actor. Which mean, naming isn't perhaps the problem, but the colour files may be.

Marquise* likes this.
  18. Argentdragon

Argentdragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm darn, okay I guess I'll have to figure out a way around that, I can't tell any obvious differences in the colour files for both, they both appear to be relatively the same. Thanks so much, this is an awesome resource nonetheless!

19. JohnDoeNews

JohnDoeNews Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks pretty cool. I will look at this some time. (But now I am too lazy...) :p

20. level100gastly

level100gastly Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there, Mr. Schlangan! While organizing some files, I came across the link to your site and used the oportunity to update the generator to version Alpha 0.09 (The site says 0.08, through). Sorry if this may sound dumb, but does the first addition (Resources can now be edited : changing/adding/removing pictures/mask colors. It can be used to add pictures to existing resources for new templates) means we can sprite something, input it in the generator to check if it looks cool and add a mask later without having to delete the resource and then add them manually again?

Marquise* likes this.