RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated! I will make sure to only include my own parts in any rxge files I share. And, yes, I actually used the template from here to outline the TOS for use of my sprites. It's a pretty thorough template. It is pretty much the same as I posted in the vx ace resources thread.

MMMm likes this.
  2. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A feature request: The ability to input the X/Y coordinates of the pieces on a character. If I want to move a face part around, it lags a lot but if I could just paste exactly where I want it to go it would be a lot quicker.

3. astrid123

astrid123 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    upload_2019-8-2_11-29-37.png

I am getting this error? What can I do to resolve this?

4. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    How are you importing the resources? Did you go to the advanced menu, then use the wizard that can be found in the file menu? The very first option in the wizard is how you want to import the resources, as I found that you get some really strange results and errors, if you import it through the resources menu.

5. Astralweaver

Astralweaver Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So after hours of looking for an answer to this error, because i was getting it too I found a couple of things that cause it.

The first one is horribly obvious, Someone who packed their stuff had their I in icon capitalized and it needs to be lowercase. That is the I in the icon .png file needs to be lowercase. So when you get files be sure to double check them for possible baby errors like this one, compare them to others if you have to.

Another cause for this error is the lack of generator being added to your folder for example: C:\rpgmaker\Avery will not work, however C:\rpgmaker\Avery Generator will work. What ever files you are importing from make sure the directory has the generator at the end.

Hope this helps those who are having issues after hours of looking I finally decided to look at the files that were working and the files that weren't working looking for possible minor errors. Good Luck, and happy creating!

MMMm and Nekohime1989 like this.
  6. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What steps do I need to take to move this program to another computer and keep all of the saved generator parts without having to reimport them?

Ah, I figured it out. I can just export all the assets and then import them on a new computer. Handy feature, that.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  7. Zenfox

Zenfox Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a possibility of adding a bust option?

8. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There still seem to be a couple of errors & issues that really get in the way. Any chance that those'll get fixed?

E.g.
    When editing an existing file in the advanced mode, the program can crash and prevent any changes from being made.
    Replication:
    1. Execute the generator for the first time without any content
    2. Switch to Advanced Mode, Manage the Assets, Import the RPG Maker MV default resources
    3. Once the resources are loaded, select "Manage resources" pick the male, iconless, Kadokawa body, click edit
    4. Import an icon (any 64x64 icon), click next, then click done.
    5. You get an error, telling you that the object reference was not set to an object instance.

Informationen ├╝ber das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
    anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. (Trans: The object reference was not set to an object instance)
    bei RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form7.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
    ----------------------------------------
    RPG Maker MV Extended Generator
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/_Projects/TAB_Generator/_Generator/TAB_Generator/RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.exe.
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 14.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
    System.Core
    Win32-Version: 4.7.3081.0 built by: NET472REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
    mscorlib.resources
    Win32-Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
    Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
    Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
    (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
    Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
    Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
    Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.
    This could really need some fixing, because almost every time I try to edit existing stuff - whether from the default resources or ones I've loaded into it myself - this crash happens. That makes any sort of editing process painful at best. Most of the time, you need to delete the stuff and redo everything.

EDIT: Further information on the bug above.
    The new graphics get correctly imported into the ressource folder, but the program fails to correctly write the changes into effect, thus resulting in a problem in the data.dat file.
    This is what the data.dat file has registered for that entry:
    (
    Female_WWM_head_01
    Kadokawa
    Female
    Body
    FG_Body_1
    FG
    Body
    TabN_Body_1 <---Character Body
    TabN
    Body
    0 <--------starting point of the problem, should be 1!
    0 <-----failed entry, should be new template entry TabNSLIM_Body
    0 <------failed entry, should be TabNSLIM

If I use a correctly functioning entry as template, I can manually fix this in the data.dat file.
    This is what it looks like working:
    Female_WWM_head_01
    Kadokawa
    Female
    Body
    FG_Body_1
    FG
    Body
    TabN_Body_1
    TabN
    Body
    1 <------correct entry instead of 0
    TabNSLIM_Body <-----------------------correct entry instead of 0, thus adding the second character template
    TabNSLIM <-----------correct entry instead of 0
    Body
    AltHead_Body <----third character template
    AltHead
    Body
    AltHead2_Body <----fourth character template
    AltHead2
    Body

EDIT: To be even more precise:
    When you remove an icon and then add a new icon, this happens:
    NOT WORKING WORKING
    ########################################################
    WWM_Armor_Actor2_1_A WWM_Armor_Actor2_1_B
    WaywardMartian WaywardMartian
    Male Male
    Clothing Clothing
    -1 -1
    5 <--- no idea why this is 5, not 4 4 (not sure what this slot belongs to)
    8 8
    -1 <-----shouldn't be there 6
    6 7
    7 9
    9 4
    4 <---------------result: not working part has one entry too many
    FG_Clothing2_1
    After I deleted the second -1 that shouldn't be there and changed the 5 to 4, suddenly everything works again.

The second thing that would really help is if the filter selection in the "manage resources" window would stay at the chosen selection and not always go back to default all activate after editing a single resource.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    MMMm likes this.
  9. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another issue:
    Clothing colors are drawn first from the face files and only then from the character file.
    This means that the order of colors for clothing is entirely determined by the order of colors of the drawing order.
    If I have a necklace part (drawing order 1, needs to be on top of the rest, color 3), shoulder guards (drawing order 2, over the clothing, color 2) and the armor (drawing order 3, underneath everything else, color 1), I get the order:
    Color 3
    Color 2
    Color 1

Let's say I set the color 3 to gold for the necklace, the pauldrons in silver, the base color in black.
    Color 3 - Gold necklace
    Color 2 - Silver pauldrons
    Color 1 - Black armor

If I now switch to clothing with a different color order in the FG drawing order, it'll retain the order of the colors chosen (1-2-3) in no regard to the actual color it was chosen for.
    Second outfit:
    Color 1, Armor - should be black
    Color 2, Armor trim - should be silver
    Color 3, Chain wrapped around the shoulder - should be gold

What actually happens is:
    Color 1 - Golden Armor
    Color 2 - Silver armor trim (identical position)
    Color 3 - Black chains

Because Color 3 was in spot 1, the color gold was actually not saved for color 3 but for the spot 1 in the order.
    That's why, when you switch outfits around, the colors also get switched around and base colors become accessory colors, accessory colors secondary colors, etc.

MMMm likes this.
  10. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since there's been no response to your question, I'm going to sin and triple post:
    Busts can already be created. All you need to do is make a template for the size of your bust that you wish to use.

You'd do that in the advanced generator mode:
    1. File -> Managing Assets Wizard -> Add a new template
    2. Creating a Template
    Name: Any Name, e.g. "Character_Bust" (This will be shown above the Bust window)
    Key: Enter a Key that signifies a bust part. This is like FG for Face, TV for Character Actors, etc. You could pick BST. This key will be written into the name of every Bust resource you import so it can be identified.
    X: Y: (Cannot be changed here, this is for the positioning of where the Bust window will be displayed)
    Width: Width of your bust in pixel (default FG is 144)
    Height: Height of your bust in pixel (default FG is 144)
    Elements per Sheet: 4:2
    Color Type: Mask color ID
    (Mask color ID means that the entire picture will receive the hue picked for it.
    Clothing etc. are made up of parts that share a color hue like in the vanilla generator. Mask file on the contrary means that you would provide multiple different colors in a single picture and differentiate between them with a mask file that identifies which areas receive what colors. RPGMV does this for character actors for example. For Busts, I'd go with Mask Color ID as if it were a Face picture)
    Click "Next".
    3. In the upper right screen you can copy a drawing order. Make sure "Face (FG)" is selected. Click "Copy". (The drawing order is the order in which parts are displayed to ensure that Front Hair, for example, is in front of the face while Rear Hair is in the back.)
    4. Click Next. It will show you an overview of your template. Click Done.

Now you've got a template for busts in the generator. You can add parts to it just as if you would for a Face or character.

MMMm likes this.
  11. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello guys,

With so little time I have nowadays, I still managed to sort out a few issues/crashes @Anyone mentioned. I don't have time right now for more, I could barely spare two hours, but this should cover the most critical flaws you pointed out. The current change log is:

Change log - (Alpha 0.10 - 7th September 2019)
    - Fix : Changing icons for resource was crashing the editor instead of properly saving the change
    - Fix : Removing pictures for templates was crashing the editor and corrupting the data file if one of the mask color was to be removed due to the suppression
    - Addition : Filters are now remembered in the managing resource section (advanced mode) as long as the window is kept opened
    - Addition : Select All and Select None buttons for categories / parts / authors in the managing resource section (advanced mode)

I added the other issues in the known bug section (notably the flawed deletion as well as the color issue), as well as your suggestion regarding custom template importation as folder. I don't know when I'll have more time, but I hope this will help you a bit :)

PS : Thanks again for the detailed crashed report, it helped me a lot :D

Anyone and MMMm like this.
  12. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome, thank you so much for taking the time. :D
    That should make everything so much easier.

MMMm likes this.
  13. Ilithianeae

Ilithianeae dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^ Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hello schlangan,

i wanted to ask you if you could make a version which i can use for the rpg maker mv linux-version. i would be very happy!

MMMm likes this.
  14. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

For now, the software has been created with Visual Basic . NET, which is only for Windows. As of now, perhaps you could try with Wine to emulate windows and launch the software.

My plan for later (not before 2020 though) would be to rewrite the software with Java, to make it work with Linux and Macintosh too. But I don't want to make promises about a date, since I know Java less than Visual Basic.

Marquise*, Anyone and MMMm like this.
  15. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A couple of suggestions, either for this generator or a future one:

1. Use of packages as default storage
    The more parts you add to the generator, the more cumbersome it gets to move around (since many small files take vastly more time than a few large ones) and the more difficult it becomes to keep a track of everything.

It'd be very handy if image files are stored inside packages by default and only loaded from them as part of the process. The container itself doesn't have to be special and - for workflow purposes - would best be something that can also be manually opened and extracted via winrar and others.
    Think of it like the rxge archives except they stay inside them and can be manually extracted in case someone needs to do some specific detail edits not possible within the editor. (Example: Using a bulk rename tool to change the naming convention of all parts)

2. Parts and subcomponents
    Another thing that would make the generator a lot more flexible would be using parts and their subcomponents instead of generator parts.

Subcomponents would basically function like generator parts do now. They got a character sheet and a mask sheet.

Parts, however, wouldn't contain actual images at all but would be references to which subcomponents OR components are loaded.

Example:
    Part: "Body Male":
    consists of Part:"Lower Body Male" and Part: "Upper Body Male"
    Part: "Lower Body Male":
    consists of Subcomponent: "Feet", Subcomponent: "Legs​
    Part: "Upper Body Male":
    consists of Subcomponent: "Hands", Subcomponent: "Arms", Subcomponent: "Chest", Subcomponent: "Waist"
    The way it would function is that users could still just load a certain generator part quickly, e.g. "Clothing_p02" and it would load all the subcomponents for the entry. However, users could now actually modify the subcomponents - for example switch out a the sleeves and add a belt at the waist - and either use it directly that way...or save the new collection of subcomponents as a new part (since parts are just references as to what is loaded).
    This would allow a massively more complex system to individually customize art assets while simultaneously keeping things simple and quick since no one wants to manually select every last little subcomponent every single time.
    The fact that users could create their own subcomponent collections and have them displayed among the other parts would also ensure a much more rapid workflow, especially when it comes to armors or uniforms.

MMMm likes this.
  16. SammisQuest

SammisQuest Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Feature Request:

(Maybe it's possible and I can't find it).

I'd like an "Export All" feature so it saves CharacterName_Face.png, CharacterName_Actor.png, etc. all at once.

I would like to see an "Expression generator" for face files, where I can set what "eyes", "mouth", etc. I want for generic faces, and then click "Export Expressions" and it will auto-generate an 8 face file, using the expressions I set.

If this is possible, please let me know.

17. MrB

MrB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! This is amazing and it's so cool you're still supporting this!

Quick Suggestion: let us preview whenever we click something, instead of whenever we add/replace a piece. Perhaps toggle this feature so people who aren't used to this can turn it off.

We'll be using your tool to create our characters for our upcoming jam. How would you want us to credit you(name mainly, is your forum name enough?)

18. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can use the right-click to quickly switch between different pieces. Make sure you have the right category selected on the left and you're browsing pieces for that category. You can simply quickly right-click your way through it to see how it looks.

Marquise* and MrB like this.