RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. genycis

genycis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey Schlangan,

Quick question (or suggestion if not possible) for you... if you add a gradient, is there not a way to remove them at all?  I accidentally added the wrong gradients file to the editor and now I have 140 colors to which the 70 I added are the same ones.  I couldn't find a way to remove them at all though, whether individually by hitting the "Delete" button on my PC or otherwise.  Wondered if this was possible or if I'm permanently stuck with the same gradient twice.

So far that's the only bug that I've come across but otherwise, the tool is great!  The avatar I'm using I was actually able to make using your generator.  Thank you very much for your work with this, it is definitely appreciated!

I also have a couple of other suggestions for the tool that came to mind:

1)  Ability to save our reorganizing of Templates assets.  I had actually set mine up to where I could right click on them and could save the blank space so that my characters transition into the game properly.  However, using the default, I find that if I export the character in default state, that the character doesn't translate properly because the dimensions are only accommodating only one character instead of the 576x384 dimension required for the character to translate properly.

2)  Ability to left click on the mouse on the image itself to "zoom" in one time.  Clicking on it could zoom it back out to normal.

3)  The ability to remember the color that was selected.  For instance, on the RPG MV editor, if I choose a hair style, and then choose "black" for the hair color, if I decide to select a different hair style, the color of the new hair style I'm previewing still remains "black" as I chose.  However, in the Extended Generator, I notice that if I choose a hair style, and then choose "black" for the color... if I decide to click on another hair style, it immediately defaults to the "blonde" color rather than keeping the "black" color I chose and showing me the newer style I selected.

This is what comes to mind at the moment based on my uses of it.  I haven't yet tried to import other templates for it to see how that works, but I've been having a lot of fun playing around with it as it is!  I definitely appreciate the tool!  Great work!  Looking forward to how it develops as time progresses!  :)

2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello @genycis,

For now, you're stuck with the gradients. I'll try to add a delete option later. I didn't yet, because i you had saved a character with, let's say, color 70, and you remove the 68th color, all colors of the saved character will then become wrong. I don't know how I should deal with this.

1) I don't understand what you did. Can you explain with a picture (I just woke up too, maybe that's why ^^)

2) I'll add zooming as suggestion, for a future version.

3) Yes, I have a lot of work to do about remembering previous states. It is always the same, if there is a deletion, it could mess up everything. What I'll probably do is add a "remembering" state if no deletion is made. I'll add these to current suggestions too.

3. genycis

genycis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you very much @Schlangan for all of your work, I appreciate it!

As far as #1, as you can see on the image "01" attached below, this is what I assigned my dimensions to look like.  This way, when I right click to save, it will save correctly so that when I put it into the game, it loads up properly.  The Face and Battler dimensions I left alone.  But for the dimensions of Character and Damage, I did the following:

Character

X:  0       Y:  385

Width:  576    Height:  384

Damage

X:  577     Y:  385

Width:  576    Height:  384

As you can see on image "02", this is how it looks on the Generator with my dimensions.  This will allow me to save it properly so that the Character files and the Damage files are 576 x 384 in size.  When I first tried your editor and I used the default dimensions, my character wasn't aligned properly into the game when I tried to load it, because the default dimensions of the character were 144x192 which is right for one character, but not to load up the image into the game as the game will then still try to accommodate 8 characters out of a 144x192 file instead of a 576x384 file.  Hope this explains it a bit better as far as my #1 goes.

As far as #2, glad to know of a zooming feature in the future to come.  I think it helps with some of the clothing and features as sometimes you can't tell what you are actually changing because it may be a small gem on the cloak or something that you can't see.

As for #3 and remembering states, it's not a big problem so no worries on that at all.  I've been doing fine as is so far, just thought to suggest it if it were possible.

The bigger thing of course is regarding the gradients in not being able to delete them at all.  I may try to redownload your generator onto a different folder and see if it "Resets" my editor removing those gradients for now.  Will keep you posted.

Great tool!  I'm loving it a lot!  Many thanks!

Extended Generator 01.png

Extended Generator 02.png

4. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now I understand the problem with the dimensions. In fact you can trick RPG Maker MV if you only have a single 144x192 charset file; just add a $ in front of the filename, let's say for example $CharacterLambda.png. That way, RPG Maker MV will understand that there is only a single character, and that it doesn't need to divided the picture in 4x2.

5. genycis

genycis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh yeah, I had seen the whole $ reference somewhere before!  Thanks for reminding me of that!  Lol, guess I could've done it that way the whole time.  I'll be sure to do that now.  Lol!

6. genycis

genycis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Heads up @Schlangan, I wound up downloading your EXE again and putting it in a different folder... and so that helped me fix the gradients issue given it was seen as a "fresh install".  I'll be sure to be careful installing new gradients going forward.

7. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Schlangan, i want to seek you permission to show your generator in a brazilian RPG Maker network. How can i enter in contact with you for more info?

8. Cats777

Cats777 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm getting a bug when I update the mask of a resource. It keeps adding more color parts to the generator. If I change to a different mask, the color part will stay on the generator and will have no function.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  9. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    About the bug using @hiddenone's masked parts, i already set the priorities like this:

[​IMG]

But still the parts dont show up in faces.

What can i do?

10. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @vico :  Did you correctly click on "Update Template Priorities" ? Because it works for me.

11. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Yep, Including i've messing around with priorities and i was able to fix a bug with FacialMark_p08 that caused eyes became invisible, just making FacialMark below Eyes in generator (maybe would be better if it came by default)

Bug:

[​IMG]

Normal behavior (like vanilla generator):

[​IMG]

Another question: is possible to reset the priorities back to default? If not, you are planning to implement this? Or i need to delete the resources folder everytime and import back?

12. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes I plan to change the default priorities to the most correct ones now. Concerning the revert to default, I can try, but it will soon become a mess if new parts have been added. I'll have to think of a way.

vico likes this.
  13. Mysthe

Mysthe Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Code:
    Nice :o!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  14. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let me just say a huge thanks!!!

Your Generator is extremely versatile.

I wanted to use it with the MV Chibi but with the PV games Resources, and after a bit of tinkering, It works. I can do whole facesets, Busts, paperdolls and Mastersheets!

I'm working on a small tuto on how to set it up to use with the PV resources. But I still need to understand a bit better how to use the masks and colors.

Edit: I finally worked out the coloring stuff, guess I was just dumb and got confused by the whole mask stuff when I simply needed to save the Templates with color options "files" and then actually select a color in tab 3, and not leave it on "none" (Dumb me!)

but now @Schlangan, I'm having a little issue if you could help.

while messing around, I changed one of my template to color type Mask. Now that I'm trying to revert it to Files, I get an error when Clicking on Update Template.

If I choose quit, the app close, If I choose continue, it becomes unresponsive and needs to be closed via task manager.

RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Manage Assets - Removing mask files....jpg

I think it's looking for a mask file that has never been there. If you have any idea? if not I may just have to recreate a template and manually set it back trough my 150ish items :)

Full error if it may helps:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\mathieu\Documents\GAME DEV\GRAPHICS\Schlangan Chargen PV\Resources\Male_Shadow_Key1_Shadow_1_c.png'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\mathieu\Documents\GAME DEV\GRAPHICS\Schlangan Chargen PV\Resources\Male_Shadow_Key1_Shadow_1_c.png'
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.DeleteFileInternal(String file, UIOptionInternal showUI, RecycleOption recycle, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.DeleteFile(String file)
       at RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form3.btnUpdateTemplate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    RPG Maker MV Extended Generator
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mathieu/Documents/GAME%20DEV/GRAPHICS/Schlangan%20Chargen%20PV/RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  15. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll need to reproduce the error. I'll try as soon as I find a bit of time ^^ 

vico and Niten Ichi Ryu like this.
  16. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE - Version 0.05

Here comes a new version ! A few additions, changes, and bug fixes.

- Since taking the ressources from our contributors on this forum was pretty complicated (for example @Derex000 or @hiddenone, I added a new import system, which helps you to import a resource folder made for RPG Maker MV's editor. It should make thinks easier, but it can be subjected to bugs if the folder is not 100% proper for RPG Maker MV though)

- I added a safety when you select a resource in the Manage Assets window. Clicking on Import File or Update FIle Data won't be possible anymore if no file has been added to the template.

- When changing the coloring mode, the warning message won't appear anymore if there is no resource file associated to the template yet, as the warning was useless at this point. I also fixed the bug found by @Niten Ichi Ryu; the software won't try to delete non existing cache files. Also, the change from mask to files was incorrectly coded.

- The coloring mode of the templates have been renamed to be easier to understand; "Files" has been renamed to "Mask Color ID", while "Mask" has been renamed to "Mask file".

- The default priorities have now been changed, as they were wrong. All priorities now strictly follow the original behavior of RPG Maker MV's editor.  As asked by @vico, I added a button to reset the priorities, especially since I changed them now. However, it will only work for the default MV templates.

- I fixed the bug reported by @Cats777 : when you change the mask color ID in the assets window, there won't be unnecessary additions of colors in the main window anymore.

- You can now delete gradients color, as asked by @genycis. But be careful, if you saved a character before deleting colors, you will have wrong colors when loading the character. I couldn't make the software check everything on your hard drive :D

Same download link as usual :

Download LInk (direct executable)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
    taarna23 and Niten Ichi Ryu like this.
  17. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan, you're the man, man!

works, well, I could change the color type, and just adapt my already configured resources.

18. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Loving all the changes. Keep up the good work!

Is it possible to make it so changing the face or body colour changes the other as well? Same with the front/rear hair? Maybe add a setting so this can be changed for when people don't want it?

19. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @taarna23 : That's exactly what is planned. I didn't do it yet, as it will require changes in the saved data files of the editor. I'll need to implement versioning in those files, and a way to make sure that everything you all did isn't lost. I have a few ideas already for this. It'll certainly come up with v0.06.

taarna23 likes this.
  20. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Very awesome! Both your work, and the result. I'm really enjoying the importing of an MV-style folder. Tested it out and it seems to work quite well. Now the hard part - keeping track of which assets are whose and making sure I credit correctly down the line... But that's my own problem! Keep up the great work.