RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. CupcakeDreamer

CupcakeDreamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Could you please add a notes part for assets we add? That would help us keep track of who we need to credit. And let us remember were we got those assets from. Not an urgent thing to add but it would help.

2. miyanke

miyanke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I name them when upload in the program with the name of the author.

What I suggest is to be able to organize files by category/part/Name in the "Manage Assets/Resource", it will ease to find a concrete resource (it would be better watching the icon, but I understand this would be harder to do).

Anyway, as I said before, congratulation.

3. Otakuhn

Otakuhn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like to suggest something , could you possibly add the possibility of using multiple of the same layer like from the same type , not eyes , and  the stuff that would easily overlap but the other ones.

4. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you mean ? Do you want for example several Facial Mark at once ? But it would be hard to automatically know which mark should have priority over the other ones. (For example a bandaid over scars)

5. repalec

repalec Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I feel like this is going to be a humiliatingly easy question to answer, but I'm new to RPG Maker as a whole and I'm stumped.

The saved characters I make in this generator are saved as .rxgc files. How do I open those in MV, or convert them into something readable by it?

vico likes this.
  6. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To use the characters in MV, you need to right click on the pictures in the editor, and choose "Export". You will get PNG files that way, allowing you to use them in MV.

7. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

If you mean "open rhe rxgc file in the MV's integrated generator", its not possible, due to Schlangan's improvements over that (it needed a new file format).

But if you mean "how i import the graphics for my game", you just need to export each sprite file to .png (right click in each template part) and then save (or later copy/import via resource manager) it on respective folder.

repalec likes this.
  8. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm loving this generator so far.  Not being limited on what colors to choose for everything is very nice.  The one thing I noticed is that when changing eye color, dunno if this was mentioned, but eye color on the sprites doesn't change.  Only on the portraits.  Other than that, haven't noticed any other bugs.  Added mon's generator parts and it was perfect.  Thanks for this!

9. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @djDarkX : Yes, for now the eye color outside of the facesets can only be changed through "Color 2" of the body. A future version will implement links between elements, allowing to change both colors at the same time.

vico and djDarkX like this.
  10. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh!  Thanks for letting me know.  With that, I have to say, very awesome.  I shall start tinkering even more now.  Looking forward to further development!

11. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After seeing the Mack XP Character Generator on @djDarkX's signature, I imagined how awesome would be if the generator would has a separated template for a MACK sprite. I know each vanilla template files would be created for someone to adding on the set. Awesome, but impractical.

Other difficult idea was to make a generator for MACK (RMXP) characters based on this one. Would be better to mix art styles, but again, someone need to make everything from scratch. Impratical too.

And another (related) question: is possible to add MACK-style template parts on the generator? is there some limitation on engine? I know the vanilla parts would be completely out-of-place, but if the guy wants to create the char ONLY using MACK-compatible parts, is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
  12. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can add templates or remove templates as you wish. Doing so, you can have templates of any size, and as much templates as you want. The limitation would be the RAM of the computer I guess. You can remove the vanilla parts if you don't need them.

13. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, back in my RMXP days, i often used a brazilian chars generator called CharsXP. But it was a horrible software: bad layering (layers "behind" glitching), weird colors, misplacing and etc. And different of your generator, it doesnt have any awesome functionalities like asset managing and blah.

I wish to try to import these MACK parts to use in a custom template (a Mack char), correlating similar vanilla parts with mack parts, but i dont know much how to do this (or even if this would be possible) nor i dont know who made the CharsXP stock generator parts to credit: if was MACK or another person. And i dont understand nothing of japanese to see what are the terms of use of his parts.

14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't help you for the credits part. However, I'm completely sure you can import everything in my generator. There was a tutorial made by @Niten Ichi Ryu  for PV resources. You should use it as a basis for non vanilla templates.

The link is : 

15. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In fact, my major question is how the custom parts should be named for keeping a "vanilla" file organization.

The result would be similar to this montage:

Untitled-2.png

Other thing i need to decide is what the size of Mack/RMXP characters will be worked. I can keep the current 128x192 default size for compatibility with RMXP, but if someone wants to use the char in MV it will be too short and slim in respect of the game window (assuming the use of RMXP-RTP-like templates alongside).

Untitled-1.png

Resizing for the same MV char weight (+- 24px, and consequently making the char taller than MV's and making it size better for the game window) will run on weird Nearest Neighboor distortions (bicubic and other photoshop are out of question due to horrible blurring). The only way would be turning to 200% proportion, something would be the char too big for the game window. There isnt middle way.

Well, maybe i should make this a new thread. But where can i post this?

16. ct_bolt

ct_bolt Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Truly amazing! Such a powerful generator. Thank you for creating this. :rock-left: BD :rock-right:

I also have a few ideas that might be nice for this...

• An option on the user interface allowing to adjust z-index (aka. layer index) for the part selected
    • A way to use multiple pieces of the same "part class" (ex. multiple Accessories, Clothing, Facial Marks, etc.)

17. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @vico : You'll need different ressources for RMXP and RMMV. The different format cannot be altered by the software, especially since it goes from 32x32 to 48x48 tile size. You can name the custom parts however you want. Exporting in RXGE will save the selected names, and can be imported by another perso while keeping the names. The standard names are only needed while importing MV-like folders. 

Adding new templates to obtain the montage you did is very easy. You can also add one for RMXP and one for RMMV characters. 

@ct_bolt

• An option on the user interface allowing to adjust z-index (aka. layer index) for the part selected

For now in the assets management window you can change the parts priority to alter the z-index. 

• A way to use multiple pieces of the same "part class" (ex. multiple Accessories, Clothing, Facial Marks, etc.)

I'll have to think about it, maybe using checkboxes instead. But one more time, what would be the priority in that case ? I'll have to see with a possible way to change the z-index directly on the character. This comes back with my need to create file versioning for the rxgc and rxge files, to ensure a proper compatibility within versions.

ct_bolt likes this.
  18. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    can you add an extention for bigger face for be able to make conversation like fire emblem?

19. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @XGuarden are you referring to busts (large half character images)?

If yes, well you would need the parts for it. If you have such, it's just a matter of setting up templates and parts. I made a tutorial on setting up Schlangan generator for the PV resources.

If what you ask is for busts generator parts, well that is not something the generator can do by itself. 

20. XGuarden

XGuarden Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French