Grey Lords Emissary
- Jul 27, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Hey, when i try to import resources, the program runs to importing... TV\Male\ and then gets the error Index was outside the bounds of the array. Would you know what is causing this or how to fix this?
Edit: Problem seemed to fix itself when I changed the naming scheme of the male items however the female times still seemed to process without the new naming scheme... Weird...
1. The ability to move the order of parts, for better management
2. The ability to mass delete parts
3. The ability to adjust the sizes of the various menus
4. The ability to have more than one graphic under the same icon. Ex: I want to put more than one face image with the same SV, TV, TVD. Maybe the ability to choose what parts you want for the icon chosen. Ex: you can choose to use the SV and TV but not the TVD and Face. You would then also be able to choose from more than one face option underneath the one icon.
The generator requires a perfect naming scheme while importing, or else it will crash. If, for some reason you are missing one element, it might crash. Same thing if you suddenly jump for element 17 to 19 for example.
What do you want exactly by mass deletion ? Having the ability to multiselect parts in the menu and delete them all at once ?
You can already move the order of parts if you go the Manage Assets menu, under the Catgeories & Parts tab. You have to arrow buttons to change the order of parts per category.
Everything is automatically resized when you change the size of the window. Isn't it enough ? What exactly do you want to be able to resize yourself, independently from the main window
The way the generator is done for now, that won't be possible. If I were to try to change this, everyone would have to reimport everything from scratch again. I can only tell you to create one resource per different face image. In that case, you could reimport the same SV, TV, TVD with the new face.
Another possibility that I could experience in a later version is an "advanced" mode, where, instead of displaying icons, the software display a list per template. In that case, you would be able to put non concordent elements between Face and TV for example.
Also does the update file data button do anything, it seems as though even if I push this button if I don't push the update resource button everything I have changed is deleted.
Edit: It would be helpful if your resources were auto-updated when you changed things.
Edit 3: Another small QoL issue I found is that is the 'import\export Assets' window, under the 'RMMV folder type import' tab you can enter in a file address, you HAVE to search for it with the browse button. Additionally the browse button doesn't pick up on items that are short-cutted to your desktop.
Edit 4: Question? Why do character, damage, and battler files need Mask files, but Face files don't? All face files need is a mask color?
The next version will take quite a bit of time before the release; I decided to work on a major improvement of the editor, that will add ALL of your suggestions for the next version. However, to do so, some functions will be completely rewritten, and the main interface will change quite a bit.
Here are some examples of the changes that will come with the next version :
- You won't be restricted by character categories anymore; one character will be able to possess Male and Female parts for example.
- If you want to put several items of the same part section, it will be possible. You will be able to manually adjust the Z-order of all elements if necessary. Theire X,Y positions will be changeable too.
- I plan to get rid of the gradients files. They are sometimes problematic, and I believe I can create system to let you create your own gradients as you need to, for much more versatility.
- I also plan to rewrite the asset management window, as it is for now quite complicated, especially with all the "Update" buttons. If I manage to do what I want, you would only have to click on the OK button once you're done.
In the mean time, if you have other suggestions, please give them to me. I'll try to implement them. To not let you too much in the dark, I'll update my advancement for the next version.