RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Schlangan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. sagebrushfire

sagebrushfire Villager Member

First Language:
    English

If you like making Windows Forms apps then WPF is worth giving a shot. Visual Studio Community 2013 and 2015 are free for personal use so there's no excuse not to upgrade and try some of the newer stuff. Silverlight doesn't have a bright future, which is sad because it's actually incredibly powerful but browser plugins are going the way of the Dodo.  

Yeah I can see where  a generator for the images can't really cause any issue because it's technically not specific to RPG maker. I was thinking something along the lines of a Switch/Variable/Event manager for those who aren't a fan of how those must be edited in RMMV and also maybe an alternate map editor that emulates the layering aspect that people liked about previous versions and seem to dislike about MV. But that's kind of the core functionality of the program itself so it's almost like making a whole new version of it. 

Assuming you purchased the program legally I doubt they would care but I don't know how they'd feel about someone distributing an entirely alternate version of the program, whether or not it was free. All the same it seems like such a fun project. 

2. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll try WPF someday maybe. But for now, I'd rather stick with what I'm used to. I already own Visual Studio 2015 so it's not a problem on that regard.

For what you said about alternate functionalities such as event manager, or even worse map editor, I will not do it, this isn't the scope of a character generator. Moreover, doing so would be indeed a breach of the rules. Creating pictures is one thing, but editing json files created from RPG Maker MV is another matter.

3. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Getting a constant error message about not having gradients.png

4. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you checked the resources folder? is gradient.png in?

5. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nope Niten.  It never creates one.  I'll try again today now I have a bit more time.

6. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    what do you mean create? What the Gen does is import RM resources so it gets it from the Kadokawa Gen folder and doesn't create it ex nihilo.

try to copy the gradients.png file from the generator folders to the schlangan generator "resources " folder (normally same location than the Schlangan Generator.exe)

padr81 likes this.
  7. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Im using PV games graphics dude and this is the error message in full.

EDIT - taking the one from rpg maker folder fixed the problem.  Thanks a million Niten

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2016
    Niten Ichi Ryu likes this.
  8. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem buddy. Always happy to assist a fellow PVer.

You can also check my topic.

padr81 likes this.
  9. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    padr81 and Niten Ichi Ryu like this.
  10. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Ya welcome mate :)

I edited my topic to add a mention about this possible error and how to fix it.

11. dhofari9

dhofari9 Villager Member

First Language:
    arabic
    Hello there .. I have problem when downloading ver. 0.05 everything is ok accept the body it seems not appearing !?

Please help

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

EDIT: Sorry people my fault .. just clicking on missing icon solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  12. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Glad you could figure it out then :)

EmperorZelos and dhofari9 like this.
  13. Build

Build Villager Member

First Language:
    English

14. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I took a look. I don't know exactly what was wrong in the files Hiddenone created. With the generator you can still import the folders. To have colorable elements, you need to go into Manage Assets -> Resources. Then, you need to select the proper Mask Color for the elements. It is quite tricky, hence I said a new RXGE file to hiddenone, which should fix the problem.

N.B : There is no way to incorporate his new bodies in the generator as there is no SideView, Chrset and DamageSet body pictures, only the face accessories to change the bodies.

15. EmperorZelos

EmperorZelos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Is this still being worked on? =O

16. EmperorZelos

First Language:
    Swedish
    If so I have a suggestion, in the resource folder it should be divided into folders, as it is now it's a mess in there and makes it difficult to navigate.

And is it just me or does it disallow custom sized sprite sheets? If so you should allow it being changed so sprite sizes can cahnge

17. EmperorZelos

First Language:
    Swedish
    I can add to it that it doesn't allow editing the masks which is troublesome, if I import from MV they can be edited, until I add another at which they all seem to lock

18. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    EmperorZelos, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

In fact, this is a triple post - even worse.

If you want to add something, simply edit your post and include the additional comments.

19. Schlangan

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm still working on the software, but only when I have a bit of time, which is not easy. Here are replies to your inquiries:

- Dividing the resource folder into subfolders should not matter much, as you're not supposed to go through that folder by yourself; the program deals with what is inside. However, I'll think of a way to make the resource tab less confusing.

- You can use any custom sized sprite sheet. To do so, simply create a new template according to your needs.

- Concerning the masks, I don't understand what you mean. You should be able to change the mask files as you wish. 

However, keep in mind that the next version of the generator will bring many major changes in the interface. It will take a while before being released, though.

EmperorZelos likes this.
  20. EmperorZelos

First Language:
    Swedish
    Honestly, I tried, I really did! I tried editting but it wouldn't save any edits! Feel free to merge them because quite frankly, I hate double posting as well.

1. While you're not supposed to (which is good from my tinkering as I love how it imports and names stuff), if it's shared in the community with setups and all it can be good, I love going back and always tinkering with things
    2. Yes I worked it out thank you :)
    3. I am still working out what the mask part of the page does but I am fairly certain I got it down now. However when I add a mask in the tab I cannot add it. I have to quit the menu (at bare minimum) then return and then I can change it.