Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would not be concerned about something being or not being built in. With the scripts opened right up, we will have more than ever before, not less. Does it matter whether something is built in or requires a plugin, as long as it can be done via <some method>? Yes, built-in might make it easier, but they can't build in everything that everyone asks for ;)

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Them sweet offers. MV is totally something.

Say, will it take a long time to have VX to MV converter among us? Since you've said there are similarities between VX and VXAce, I think it won't take even a while to make it available, but I know you know better about this one, Shaz.

Also, the RTP will be included in deployment. How big it will when the game has been compressed? 200MB of default VX Ace game with RTP included is kinda huge for me, but well everyone has their own standards about the size...

Anyway, the resource sizes. Dayum, HD ensues...  :guffaw:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would not take long, as it would just be the existing converter, adapted for VX. What it needs is the TIME to make the necessary changes :)

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to ask: Can save files be loaded from one project to another even if that other project has new plugins? 

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That would be unlikely. All forms of programming create new variables methods functions whathaveyou. In order for a saved file to work correctly, it would be required to have all the same saved data to load at boot, which if using different programs, it would obviously not. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Variation on the RTP question that I have seen asked several times.

Because the RTP is not separate, does that mean that my game will ship with it, even though I'm only using custom resources? (It's the file bloat issue.)

Carde

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Variation on the RTP question that I have seen asked several times.

Because the RTP is not separate, does that mean that my game will ship with it, even though I'm only using custom resources? (It's the file bloat issue.)
In that 2 hour livestream video it looked like you could tick off the assets you don't want to ship out when you export, but maybe I was mistaken when I saw that as I was distracted at the time.

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait a minute I'd like a confirmation: You can't build RM for the IOS without a mac?

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to know this as well.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well at least for the browser demo, only the used resources are loaded once they are needed. So we can assume that only the required files will be included in the game folder.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait a minute I'd like a confirmation: You can't build RM for the IOS without a mac?
The way I understand it (I have no MV and can't test it) RMMV builds an export package for iOS (like a lot of other development programs), but you need a special program to convert and transfer that package on an iOS device.
And that transfer program runs only on a Mac, not on any other computer (a lot of reasons from device security over protection from malware to Apples way of enforcing iOS politics).

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way I understand it (I have no MV and can't test it) RMMV builds an export package for iOS (like a lot of other development programs), but you need a special program to convert and transfer that package on an iOS device.

And that transfer program runs only on a Mac, not on any other computer (a lot of reasons from device security over protection from malware to Apples way of enforcing iOS politics).
So maybe I can create the iOS RM game then have someone with mac convert that package to transfer to an iOS device since I don't have a Mac?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ssunlimited

That would seem to be the simplest way of doing it, yes

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Will there be any way to support large tilesets in the way XP could?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will there be any way to support large tilesets in the way XP could?
Perhaps by plugin - I really doubt that it would be part of the editor due to the disadvantages of large tilesets.
Increasing tileset size defeats the purpose of the tileset - reducing memory usage on a map. Otherwise you can simply go parallax mapping - there is a reason why large parallax maps cause performance problems.

I can't imagine a single (realistically playable) map that needs more tiles than fit into one Ace tileset. And if yu want to use other tiles in other maps, you just have to make a different tileset for that other map.

OK, that forces you to think and plan your maps - but you should do that anyway imho.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
So maybe I can create the iOS RM game then have someone with mac convert that package to transfer to an iOS device since I don't have a Mac?
I think it's more complicated than that.

To upload a game on ios store you need to have a Mac.

Because the store will check your pc and will only allow you to use the store with a Mac.

That's how Apple protect his market, by locking it.

You don't have their device, you can't use their services.

You can google that information by writing : gamemaker how to import on ios

http://help.yoyogames.com/entries/66308323-Develop-For-And-Distribute-To-iOS

GameMaker is a program for plaforming games mainly and used mainly by Windows users but it can export your game (like Rm MV) to Ios.

That's why I took it as example since it has been dealing with mobile plateform for a while, so lot of infos (dev rights) how to import to Android or Ios.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about first person view?
I assume (and the screenshots look like) that as always, FV enemy battlers can be of any size that fits the screen, depending on what gigamonster the actors should fight.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assume (and the screenshots look like) that as always, FV enemy battlers can be of any size that fits the screen, depending on what gigamonster the actors should fight.
Gotcha, I thought in the past they had to be a certain size. But now I realize that was because of the resolution limitation for the battlefield. Now that we can up the resolution of the game, the battlefield will be larger too, so larger battlers make more sense now.

Had not thought about that, I had just been refering to the Ace battler sizes as reference when I was testing recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999