Status
Not open for further replies.

JAldo82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Haven't seen this answered anywhere else you though I could have missed it, but does MV have built in restrictionss to the number of maps and events that you can have in a single project? If so is this something we have the freedom to change easilly?

I'm not much of a coder but I can understand a bit if it's not too complex to change.

EDIT: One more question, when creating for touch screen devices will we be able to set virtual buttons for actions such as sprinting or to trigger events?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
My questions:

> There's no RTP - but what if I'll not use the 'included with engine default stuff' in my game - will this still be included in my 'converted' project as 'free file-size increaser' or will this engine exclude not used content to save space?

> How about 'movies'? What format it will support and will they be skippable?

> Will this engine have more key-bindings, not just some buttons like Ace? (I know it can be done in Ace, but there are difficulties with that)

> Will this engine support multiple controllers? Ace supports only one controller - what if I want to have the ability to plug-in two? (each has different keys in-game) - Why am I asking - I love local coop games and perhaps I'd love to make another local coop game.

> How about encryption? Will audio also be encrypted? Will be there a little bit more protection than in Ace? I know it will still be hackable, but I hope it'll be not done by 'one click'.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
My questions:

> There's no RTP - but what if I'll not use the 'included with engine default stuff' in my game - will this still be included in my 'converted' project as 'free file-size increaser' or will this engine exclude not used content to save space?

> Will this engine have more key-bindings, not just some buttons like Ace? (I know it can be done in Ace, but there are difficulties with that)

> Will this engine support multiple controllers? Ace supports only one controller - what if I want to have the ability to plug-in two? (each has different keys in-game) - Why am I asking - I love local coop games and perhaps I'd love to make another local coop game.

> How about encryption? Will audio also be encrypted? Will be there a little bit more protection than in Ace? I know it will still be hackable, but I hope it'll be not done by 'one click'.

1) I am not sure ... 

2) I dont think skippable unless you put that through events, also I am assuming the same format as before

3) I assume through scripts more can be added

4) no. (assumption)

5) Probably default level of encryption as before.

Slimefon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for this thread, Shaz. I'm really excited about RPG Maker MV, but before I pre-order, I'd like to know more about it. These questions are for Shaz.

First of all, the main reason why I'd like to buy MV is that the games can be published into iOS/Android. But the thing is, for a mobile phone game to thrive, it needs in-app purchases and ads. So... does MV have such features?

Second, during my time with RPG Maker VX ACE, innate things like the slime battlers, the "Battle1-9" music, etc, have always been included when the game is published, which made the file size large. (This question is the same as Rikifive's #1 question) Is it possible to remove all those files that I won't use in MV?

And third, is it legal to sell MV games with these innate tilesets, icons, battlers, animation, window layout, user interface, menu layout, etc? How about those Yanfly Plugins that will be included on pre-order? Is it legal to sell the games with those plugins? There will be no royalties or other loopholes, right?

Thank you in advance, Shaz.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
First of all, the main reason why I'd like to buy MV is that the games can be published into iOS/Android. But the thing is, for a mobile phone game to thrive, it needs in-app purchases and ads. So... does MV have such features?

Second, during my time with RPG Maker VX ACE, innate things like the slime battlers, the "Battle1-9" music, etc, have always been included when the game is published, which made the file size large. (This question is the same as Rikifive's #1 question) Is it possible to remove all those files that I won't use in MV?

And third, is it legal to sell MV games with these innate tilesets, icons, battlers, animation, window layout, user interface, menu layout, etc? How about those Yanfly Plugins that will be included on pre-order? Is it legal to sell the games with those plugins? There will be no royalties or other loopholes, right?

1) No. You'll have to build that your self, you get an ipa file which I believe you can open and edit in xcode or what ever google gives for its editor and the file that is exported for google.

2) Not that I know of, I know you could export these things but not delete them.

3) yes, as long as you don't use third party scripts/assets where you cant publish them for sale in games.

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to know this as well. More on format support for videos though.

Last edited by a moderator:

kratoscheky

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The 37+ plugins for rpg maker mv comes in the steam version?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The 37+ plugins for rpg maker mv comes in the steam version?
As said before, they're free for all and available onlaunch no matter if you preordered or not.

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Perhaps by plugin - I really doubt that it would be part of the editor due to the disadvantages of large tilesets.

Increasing tileset size defeats the purpose of the tileset - reducing memory usage on a map. Otherwise you can simply go parallax mapping - there is a reason why large parallax maps cause performance problems.

I can't imagine a single (realistically playable) map that needs more tiles than fit into one Ace tileset. And if yu want to use other tiles in other maps, you just have to make a different tileset for that other map.

OK, that forces you to think and plan your maps - but you should do that anyway imho.
Well, the reason why I had asked is because of an idea I had.

It actually would require more tilesets, to accomplish a specific purpose :o

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It actually would require more tilesets, to accomplish a specific purpose :o
Then you have to go to parallax mapping because based on the screenshots, MV has the same tileset sizes as Ace.
There might be the possibility that a TileD map can be loaded by plugin instead of loading it as a parallax, but we all have to wait until MV is released before we can check that option.

RedAkerston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Q: What can I do in MV that I can't do in Ace?

extra map layer (2 B-E tiles on top of each other)

-> Just wondering for clarification, what this means? B, C, D, E is 4 upper layer tilesets in ACE.

Does this mean that between the two layers we can have 8 unique upper tilesets now, like, where B on one layer uses a different file than B on the upper layer? Or is it still just 4? 8 would be a huge upgrade.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. It's still just B-E for a tileset.

What it means is when you place a B-E tile on your map, you can then place another B-E tile on top of it, without the first one being erased. So you can have two B-E tiles occupying the same spot, without having to frankensprite them together or use events to get the overlay.

And I have to say, I like the way it's implemented. It's very nice to use.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will MV come with an improved enemy AI? Haven't come across any announcements regarding the AI. We all know the AI wasn't very smart with its choices in previous versions of RM. The default priority system isn't very good in my opinion. 

I don't want to assume that there'll be a plugin to fix this so I figured I'd ask.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I asked this question already in the big MV thread, but maybe it got missed and now a bunch of people are talking about the use of the mv resources and licences and I have no idea where they got their information, because I have not seen an official response yet.

So, CAN we share edits made with the MV resources or not?

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I asked this question already in the big MV thread, but maybe it got missed and now a bunch of people are talking about the use of the mv resources and licences and I have no idea where they got their information, because I have not seen an official response yet.

So, CAN we share edits made with the MV resources or not?
I would say No for right now. We don't have the game, we don't have the License. I would assume that in theory you can because you own a license and every one here should have a license (else they get the ban hammer if its discovered they don't).

So Short answer: right now no. We don't have the TOS

In theory: If you have the license .... yes???

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My question is will it be possible to add custom assets to the character generator, like bunny ears or horns instead of cat ears, etc?

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Sorry, Darkness Falls, but I expect official answers in the FAQ and not something someone might speculate. That doesn't help me. And of course, I'm talking about the time when MV comes out, not before.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, please refrain from offering opinions. I plan to collate these questions and provide OFFICIAL answers. Otherwise this is just going to end up being a duplicate of the pre-order thread, with a hundred questions and a dozen different answers for each, and maybe some of them will be accurate.

Candacis, we are waiting for word back from Enterbrain about the resources question.

duty

Keepin' it simple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Carde, I've seen the weapon graphics per weapon type. Not sure about individual weapons but what has been shown is not icons. 
Any chance you've got a screenshot of where this is set? I'm curious to see the options myself. I imagine it's not too different from the way it was set in RM 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clique