RPG Maker MV FAQ

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update: I added a "battles" section. If anyone has anything good specific to MV, let me know. Obviously there are tons of battle plug-ins, and I'm not going to link to all of them, but if there is a really common feature I'll add it.

Red Moon Venom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi. I have just one question. I just bought the whole software today (was using trial til i got paid.) and I see that they gave me a lot of plugins. Do they all work together?

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
They should all be compatible, but sometimes the order matters (you want "core" plug-ins at the top). Read their help files or just try them out. There are some plug-ins that do the same thing (Yanfly has word wrap as a feature, but then there's also a separate word wrap plug-in by Yami), so you want to be careful with things like that. 

Red Moon Venom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Also one more question. Do the furturistic characters pack work with mv?

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Anything that was made for Ace (was that pack?) will need to be upscaled. 

FangOfDrknss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't have MV yet, but is there a reason why most threads talking about exporting to ios/android, mention moving it to the App Store? I just want to play it on the phone. It was the one weakness Rpg maker had against rom hacks.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Don't have MV yet, but is there a reason why most threads talking about exporting to ios/android, mention moving it to the App Store? I just want to play it on the phone. It was the one weakness Rpg maker had against rom hacks.
Oh, I just put that in because I think a big draw for people is being able to sell their game on iOS. As far as simply playing it on your own phone, someone else will have to answer because I have no experience in that yet. You might want to start a new thread.

VarmintLP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German&English
Primarily Uses
Thx for the FAQ now I'm just even more hyped to get started on my new project (the remake of my first game demo)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Will this guide be update for the fixes & changes in MV 1.1.?

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think since the last update... This FAQ needs to be updated like the resources manager, and other things.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will this guide be update for the fixes & changes in MV 1.1.?

I think since the last update... This FAQ needs to be updated like the resources manager, and other things.

Sorry, I've been really busy with other things. Thanks for the note! I've updated a few answers to include the link to 1.1. Eventually I should probably delete some questions altogether, but some people might still be using 1.0, so I'll leave it for now. If there are other questions that need updating, please let me know and I'll change them. I haven't played with 1.1 yet.

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a couple of questions. First, can the trial version be updated? Second, is there any word on when/if Game Character Hub will be updated for MV?

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a couple of questions. First, can the trial version be updated? Second, is there any word on when/if Game Character Hub will be updated for MV?

Your project files are separate from the MV install, and I think you can "update" your project to work with the full version, yes. You should probably ask both those questions in a new thread, though.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
For the resources section you want to add this one.

(Also, thanks to everyone who help me for giving me info on the answer.)

I can't find the special folder of resources in the Base Resource file? Where is it and what is in it?

This folder was part of the Base Resources and was removed from the BaseResource.zip shortly after it could be downloaded, because of some concerns people had over the art not being suitable in one or two cases for all ages of the character pictures

As it was pulled quickly only some people have it while many don't as part of the Base Resources.

The zip with them is 667 MB and the zip with them removed is 556 MB.

The resources in it consisted of 1041 pngs that were broken up as follows:

657 Character pictures

These are split in to 2 different folders titled "character1" & "character2". Each of these folders has a sub folder for the different resolutions.

The folder "character1" has 31 characters in 3 different resolutions. (93 pngs total)
The folder "character2" has 188 characters in 3 different resolutions. (564 pngs total)

342 Enemies pictures (battlers) (The Japanese site incorrectly says 341.)

Splt into "enemies1", "enemies2", and "enemies3" folders with sub folders in each for the 3 different resolutions.
The folder "enemies1" has 46 battlers in 3 different resolutions. (138 pngs total) These are mostly mecha and small number of female sci-fi characters.)
The folder "enemies2" has 15 battlers in 3 different resolutions. (45 pngs total) These are modern horror battlers. (zombies, creepy business men, weird mutated animals. etc.)
The folder "enemies3" has 53 battlers in 3 differnt resolutions. (159 pngs total) These are samurai battlers for historic based games set during the Sengoku period.)

42 Backgrounds

In 1 folder titled "background01" that has 42 backgrounds in it. The backgrounds are modern ones, specifically Japanese city based in most cases.

The Staff has said that they will make the resources special folder available for download for those who want it at some point in the future that didn't have it the Base Resources they downloaded..
They have already made a lot of that missing stuff available as PAY material. As for the offensive pictures excuse...they went from simple popsicle eating and cleavage to outright s&d in deathsmiles with the bonded chain around the girls neck and way more . Just their way of shafting pre order people. Their day is coming though.

Wholley

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First off I apologize if I posting in the wrong place.
I did try using the search feature on the site but got nothing.

On to my questions...

1. Is there a way to identify the tile below the current cusor location on a map?
I can identify tiles in the tile selection area but when given a map that has a interesting tile
on it I am unable to figure out what the tile is.

2. Is there a way inside of RPG Maker MV to rotate tiles. (Tired of all the beds being only up/down)

Thats it for now. Thank you for any assistance.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Wholley this is the wrong place to post the kind of questions you're asking. To ask those kind of questions make a thread here.

Howevet to answer number 2, no you have to edit those tiles in an image editor(think gimp or photoshop) to rotate them.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow! This is really impressive and extremely helpful! Amazing work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member