RPG Maker MV FR

Discussion in 'Translation Fixes' started by Archeia, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Just an update, after 1.3.0 we'll look into applying all translation fixes. Right now there are new strings we need to add and a better way to streamline this process.

Schlangan likes this.
  2. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And the official french forum ??? he will come ?

Lucifurai likes this.
  3. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Probably not from here.

This forum is US based, and it's an English speaking community.

French speaking RM users are numerous, but not enough to warrant an official forum from Degica.

4. DanPixel

DanPixel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There's a lot of mistakes in the translation file from a first glance. My edited version is in Bold :

1. source>Opens the export window for walk characters.</source>        <translation>Ouvre la fenêtre d’exportation pour les personnages en marche .</translation>
      We say "en marche" here because we are referring to the characters who are in a walking position and not "de marche", which means another thing in french. 

2. <source>Damage Character</source>        <translation>Personnages "Abîmés" or "Endommagés"</translation>
    Endommager usually means causing something to be broken, while "Abîmér" means cause/make something to be in bad condition.

3.     <source>Parts List</source>        <translation>Liste de Parties</translation>

In French, we say "parties du corps" which means body parts in english. Pièces is usually used for money (pièce de monnaie(money), part of a room...).

4.         <source>Saves the current settings.</source>        <translation>Sauvegarder les réglages actuels.</translation>

Sauvegarder is exactly the same as Save. We do not use often Enregistrer in games since it is often use in this term "enregistrer les vidéos", meaning "to record videos".

5.  <source>Image to be displayed as the event.</source>

<source>L'image à afficher en tant qu'événement.</source>

6.         <source>Previews the generated images.</source>
            <translation>Affiche l’aperçu des images générées.</translation> ---> should be instead  <translation>Aperçu des images générées.</translation>

We should remove "Affiche" because it means Show. The English version should then have this instead "Display/Show the previews of the generated images." but since we don't have it, then the correct word for this translation is simply "Aperçu des images générées"

There are some other mistakes and I think someone should inform the french RM community that the french translation is in need of volunteers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  5. Lucifurai

Lucifurai Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hello everyone. 

I'm here to signal a disagreeable errata : While I'm seeking for the Fade in/ Fade out option..

And I saw that both french translations are close sense words. 

Effacer progressivement => Erase progressively.. & Fondre l'écran => Melt the screen.. 

It should be : Afficher progressivement l'écran => Show progressively.. (Instead of "Fondre")

Fade.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2016
  6. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "Fade in" and "Fade out" are in fact "Apparition en fondu" and "Effacement en fondu". Technically "fondre" something doesn't necessarily mean "melt" either, it can aussi be something like camouflage. But, since melt is more known and used, the confusion hence arise. I think the "Apparition en fondu" and "Effacement en fondu" (or "Disparition en fondu") should be the most appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  7. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The correct term to use is indeed a "Fondu"

This is taking from the cinema technique of using fade in and fade out, which in french cinematographic terms are  "ouverture en fondu" (fade in) et "fermeture en fondu" (fade out).

8. AdonisShibo

AdonisShibo Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry if I'm using the wrong thread here. I'm a student in Translation Studies and currently writing a thesis on the Translation of Video Game Development Softwares. I wondered if I could have access to the english version of the google docs, or any pre-translation version of it.
    Thanks a lot in advance!