Not open for further replies.

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, i was seaching about it and all i found is about the RPG Maker program, i'm having this problem when i test the game project, i've never had problems with this project before the last Windows 10 update (that who adds a weather bar) and i think maybe that's related, i don't know, so, the project just crashes instantly before run it, no menu screen, no loading, nothing, it just opens... and close in less than an second, anyone can help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) is that your own project or a downloaded game? Because in the latter case it might never have worked at all.

2) if it is your own game, please check the folderpath to the project. There are two things that can cause problems there from outside the game itself.
First one is a foldername that does not follow the networking rules, because that can prevent the engine from loading files. The playtest actually prevents this with a modified browser that creates a fictive folderpath to the index.html, but when using a real browser the folderpath must follow networking rules.
Second cause is storing the project inside a cloudsync'ed folder. The editor does not use simple file access but databasing file access to store the data, and that can crash with a couldsync and destroy files.

3) third possibility is that you made some changes on the plugins and simply forgot them, in that case you need to bughunt your plugins until it runs again.

EDIT:
Both of the options under 2 can be changed in a windows update - Microsoft sometimes tries to trick people into moving their document folder into the onedrive cloudsync without telling what that would mean for them...

Last edited:

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) is that your own project or a downloaded game? Because in the latter case it might never have worked at all.

2) if it is your own game, please check the folderpath to the project. There are two things that can cause problems there from outside the game itself.
First one is a foldername that does not follow the networking rules, because that can prevent the engine from loading files. The playtest actually prevents this with a modified browser that creates a fictive folderpath to the index.html, but when using a real browser the folderpath must follow networking rules.
Second cause is storing the project inside a cloudsync'ed folder. The editor does not use simple file access but databasing file access to store the data, and that can crash with a couldsync and destroy files.

3) third possibility is that you made some changes on the plugins and simply forgot them, in that case you need to bughunt your plugins until it runs again.

EDIT:
Both of the options under 2 can be changed in a windows update - Microsoft sometimes tries to trick people into moving their document folder into the onedrive cloudsync without telling what that would mean for them...
I've figure out what it is, is just Windows 10, that sometimes closes browsers to optimization, when my browser is open, that happens, but when is not, the game opens normally, i think it's solved, thread can be closed

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Next time please report your post and let us know it's ready to be closed. It might take us a while to see a comment in a post, if we see it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pliskin