burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I've deployed my game with a custom icon for game.exe. The icon shows in the deployed www/icon folder, but the actual game icon is still the default.

I've tried the following, unsuccessfully:

- Clearing Windows 8 icon cache

- Renaming the icon

- Updating the index.html file

Am I missing something or is it not possible to update this?

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
After creating package you would have to use resource editor to change bundled icon. Some sources recommend freeware Resource Hacker which would do the trick (example)

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/Icons

NodeWebkit provides using a binary modification tool as a possibility, but there's also a node module on that page that will do it too. If you're iffy on hacking the included game runner, you can always build your own from node webkit.

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/Icons

NodeWebkit provides using a binary modification tool as a possibility, but there's also a node module on that page that will do it too. If you're iffy on hacking the included game runner, you can always build your own from node webkit.

Thank you for your reply. I'm hesitant to use a resource editor in case it somehow corrupts the file.

I don't understand any of the NodeWebkit stuff you mentioned. Is this Javascript? Can I make a plug-in using the information you linked to?

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your reply. I'm hesitant to use a resource editor in case it somehow corrupts the file.

I don't understand any of the NodeWebkit stuff you mentioned. Is this Javascript? Can I make a plug-in using the information you linked to?

NodeWebkit is the project that MV sources Game.exe from. In theory, you could take the source code and build a custom version of NW with your icon.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Archery target and improved training dummy!
1656682912105.png
Map034.png
First try making a temple- looking thing.
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpicySalami