Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That reminds me, I need to learn how to use that kind of tile. I've never liked them, but the ones in Time Fantasy are real purdy.

(NOT a map, just seeing how the tiles go together)

Last edited by a moderator:

♥ azura ♥

Solitary Songstress
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been working diligently on learning parallax mapping (although technically I'm just photoshopping. My friend is making the maps since I'm rubbish at it) but here's my results so far, just messing with a tiny throwaway map~ ♪

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress for everyone, good :)

My daily update:

I'm done with the maps of the main military base, and the events inside. Here is a little screenshot of the library, to remind that credits are always necessary, but do not always belong to a credit page at the end of the game :D

Numieth

local demon appreciator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Got way less done today than I hoped, because of conflicting plugins and me having to take breaks to weep about it make it all work again somehow, but I finally implemented Terrax' lighting plugin. Finally!

There's still lots to do, but at least I get more use out of my maps now.

The rest of you are so good at mapping though. And that menu screen. Really nice stuff. :)

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today is the final day of my trial version, so I will spend all day trying to finish the first chapter of my game, and for that, all I need to do is one more cutscene (a really long one), and hunt down some little bugs. If there is time, I pretend to add some side quests too, other than the two ones I already made.

Here is another screenshot.

Oh, and I may add It's really good to see so many good people actively doing things on RPG Maker. I'm looking forward to see great games coming out from this community.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is Caroline's room. It's almost done though I'm not still happy about the doors. This screenshot contains some profanity about it, so because of that (and due to the size) I have put it to spoiler.

I think I need a better free image host that allows me to upload higher res images...

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
After weaponry and relics, i finished my skills-list now.

Started my Node Board system now but encountered some issues with mousestuff. I'm trying to launch an event on hover (show picture), which works with GalenMerth mouse plugin but having problems with deactivating the event when moving the mouse away again.Sigh.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
My plug-in doesn't really have "screen shots," but so far, I have the first pass of the stealth detection logic.  This includes:  configurable vision cone, line of sight, sound, per-item, per-state, per-Actor and per-event modifiers and Stealth skill which can advance per-Actor per character level.

Individual Region IDs can be tagged with Brightness and Loudness modifiers --- brighter areas can see LESS into darkened areas while darkened areas can more EASILY see brighter areas.  Loudness modifiers affect player movement noise.   Obviously, Dashing is basically screaming "I'M HERE!"

It doesn't have a "How hidden am I?" window or icon but will put the final Detection Score into a variable for later use.  Once I get stealth and patrolling working properly, I might add that.

I haven't tried inserting it yet, and I'm sure I'll have a ton of debugging to do since I've never written JavaScript before let alone an MV plug-in.  

I might focus just on the stealth portion of the plug-in and add patrol logic after this week.  Patrol logic would be "Given a Region ID, find the next closest not-yet-reached tile with that ID, move to it, and repeat.  When list is empty, re-fill it."

Basically, when it's done, it'll have a LOT of ways to fine tune stealth missions.   Aside from Patrolling (which is cancelled if Detected or Searching), no Event behavior is hard-coded.  Detected and Searching states set Self-Switches on the appropriate events...

Lux Fortuna

Legal Eagle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Been working on implementing my class promotion system into the game. I may have taken a bite to big, but for my main 2 characters I created 60 unique classes for them. Each class will have slightly different stats and 2 unique skills. Go big or go home?

Here's Shinju's Promotion Chart:

Here's Lux's Promotion Chart:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol, I like your notes @Lux Fortuna, I have been thinking I need to do something like that with my switches and variables, it makes my head hurt trying to keep track of them all solely by memory.

I have made some major inroads on my game. I am just finalizing the last scenes before I go through the full game and test for major errors. This will be my 3rd (very short) completed game in about 1 months time. I think I may take a break from RM'ing for a while, lol...

Nah, I still have 1 large project to finish from last year, which is also nearly complete, and a Christmas game to crank out...

How are everyone else's projects coming along?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My daily update:

I did the last map of the military base, and scripted the new mission system, including a mission selection screen, and a mission log.

Screen of the last map with the ship :

And the mission log:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since part of the original idea was to "find a modest headline", I figured I should mock up a newspaper for my game!

Lol. Farmers...

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is all the character name research I have done

Name - Meaning (Language) - Picture
(Note: Some names show up in multiple languages.  The exact meaning and name it derives from may be different depending on the language.)

Aldo - old (English) - 1-1
Nina - grace (Hebrew) - 1-2
Rob - bright, famous (Teutonic) - 1-3
Hayatemaru -  see About Hayatemaru bellow (Japanes)e - 1-4
Eisele - 1-5 -  short pet form of the personal name Isenhart  (iisan (iron) + hart (hardy or strong), a nick name for a blacksmith, ironworkser, or dealer in iron. (Old High German & Middle German)
Dilara - In the heart, lover (Turkish) - 1-6
Gustav - staf of God (Latin/Teutonic) - 1-7
Yaichi - one night (Japanese) - 1-8
Sophie - wise (Greek) - 2-1
Frist -  as a noun it means  a space of time.  As a verb in the rarly 13th century it mentnt to delay, the opposite of tryst (Old High German/Old Norse/ Old English) 2-2
Akja -  Varient transcription of Akdzha, means means "blonde" or "little and white". (Turkmen) - 2-3
Franz - free (form of Frederick) (Danish)/ free (form of Frank) (German)/ free (form of Fancis) (Sweedish)/ free (Teutonic) - 2-4
Orhan - Derived from the Turkish "or" meaning "great", and the title "khan" meaning "leader".  (Turkish) - 2-5
Marie - bitter (form of Mary) (Czechoslovakian/French)/ bitter (Hebrew) - 2-6
Chimg - I was unable to translate this one 2-7
B2 - See about B2 bellow - 2-8

About Hayatemaru

Hayate means the "fresh breaze".  The mean of suffix "maru" has several different meanings and the history of it in the use names is of importance.

In ancient times in Japan people believed that illness, infant mortality, and other misfortunes were caused by oni and other evil beings.  People relied on numerous superstitions, charms,and kami (spirits or gods) to protect against them.
Maru can  mean excrement, feces, and similar dirty things.  People believed that since they didn't like touching dirty and ugly things an evil being would not like it either and often gave children names that meant ugly things in hopes that it would deter evil beings from harming the child.  The addition of maru as a suffix in a name was common because of this.

Japanese ships in the past and in modern times, also often usually have maru as a suffix on ship names as it was believed in the past that this would protect the ship from sea monsters.

Boys with names ending in maru were very common during the Edo and Sengoku periods.

In modern times the maru is often added to a name to indicate that the boy is a noble child.  As the addition of maru was used to indicate a child of a feudal lord, high-ranking samurai, or nobles.

In the the universe of "Naruto" several characters have the maru suffix who are not samurai or noble lords though.  Many of the male ninja characters have the maru suffix.  In Naruto the use is believed by several to be a superficial one.

In modern times maru is usually meant to mean a circle.

The late Japanese historian, author, and game designer of the Sengoku RPG, Anthony J. Bryant, says that the suffix maru was used to designate affection in the past.

Bryant also mentions that the maru suffix show up attached to the names of various swords.

The author of the information that says maru meant excrement in the past says that in the case of swords the suffix maru derived from the word the word maro which means I and this was done to express that the owner of the weapon were a pair.

Bryant in his information says instead that maro was another word that meant affection.  Bryant does interestingly give one famous children's name Oniwakamaru which translates to "dear young goblin" which may add some support to the other author's claim of maru having a negative connotation in the past.

Maru can also mean perfection or purity according to some dictionaries.

In the case of cover art character the maru is most likely being used as a nod to the many ninjas in Nauruto.  This is most likely supported  because the character has ninja equipment, the hair style of the character.  The caharacter also may be a fox type character which would strenth that "Naruto" had a good bit of inspiration in the design.  (That the character may be a fox can be seen if one looks closely at the area around the nose and pays attention to the color used before it turns darkish blue.)

Finally, Hayatemaru s the name of chain ramen noodle resteraunts in Japan that even has some restrunts in the U.S.

About B2.

The character may be named after the US bomber, or the vitamin.  The letter B is the 2 second letter letter of the alphabet, The number 2 can be a refrence to second.
In military terminology the designation A1 is usedd to designate finest military quality, so B2 may not be the final and best "robot" of the series.
One of the most widely played and still popular D&D modules had the designation of B2.
In the Babylon 5 TV series B2 was the 2nd babylon space station constructed.

Other Additional Information

Chimg - I was unable to find a name meaning for it, but my rough notes are bellow.

Chi m g

chi mu gu

Chi is similar to the kanji for chi is the kanji for sen, which means 1000, but it is unrelated now and chi is used as a phonetic.  Some older names may carry the 1000 meaning.

Orhan

This was the name of a 14th-century sultan of the Ottoman Empire

Yaichi

Yaichi is a character in the the manga and animated series "The House of Five Leaves" who is the leader of a gang.

Yaichi is one of the Six Samurai in the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game.

Anyway I hope someone finds all of that helpful.

I did ask about doing some blog posts to submit to give some detailed information about the myths, origins, etc. of some of the enemies that show up in the various maker games, but never got a reply back.

I most likely am just start posting the information if in the maker drive thread as it will help those making enemy books, etc. and give a good bit of information that would require a lot of time and research that I've already done.

Might end up when all is finished compiling it all into a MV enemies guide book.

Numieth

local demon appreciator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
That's some serious dedication right there, @... everyone, really. I hope I'll get to see all of your projects at some point. :)

As for me... writer's block + art block is a bad combination, so I've resigned myself to at least improve some maps:

Gotta give them some atmosphere to fit the setting, right? :') I'm not even making a horror game though...

Black_Clone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well I know I'm extremely late to the party (Is the time/date any particular time zone and does it go to the end of the 16th?) but I thought I might as well participate with a relatively easy goal.

My game revolves around a small normally peaceful island. People have started to report mysterious events and strange creature sightings recently. You are sent from the mainland to investigate and try to return the island to normal.

My goal before the end of the night (or whenever this event ends  :) ) is to transfer the majority of my database from VX Ace to MV as that is the engine the game was started in.

I must say seeing all these people's progress is really cool!

dkun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was unfortunately unable to finish the opening of the game (too busy D:). I did, however, manage to work on 2 maps; one of them's not done yet, it still needs a lot of work.

I was also able to make a logo for the title screen of the game.

The first map.

The second map. I haven't finished it yet.

After hours and hours of refining and changing the logo that is to be used for the title screen of the game, I've finally settled on a finished one (hopefully).

Black_Clone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 So I got it mostly transferred over after a few hiccups with the Ace to MV Converter script and I'm going to touch it up tomorrow.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I didn't have access to the forums most of the week. I was visiting my brother and he was having internet issues.

Got a few maps done though....

I can add pictures anywhere else on the forums...but not here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffychu