SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm at the very start of my project.  This week I'm hoping to finish making a custom template for male character sprites and to have made progress on a sewer/underground train station tile set and accompanying in engine maps.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I feel a bit bad for not updating here with my progress at all (well the exception was the first day).

I focused on the database this event. I have almost zilch experience with it, so it's definitely been a learning period.

There's still a lot of values stuff that needs to be done though. I've also decided to have 8 classes: the four starter classes of our party and then 4 different classes they can "upgrade" to by collecting and equiping the necessary weapon and armors.

For example, our resident bunnygirl:

Ideally, the faceset and sprite would change when the characters upgrade their class. However, that's too much work at the moment, so I'm going to leave it as is.

I did and did not reach my goal, which was to do as much as possible. I did as much as possible, but it amounts to so little as I was still learning the basics. :(

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I did and did not reach my goal, which was to do as much as possible. I did as much as possible, but it amounts to so little as I was still learning the basics. :(
Nope, nope. Invisible progress is still progress. I've had to learn that one myself - 2 full work (job work) days of getting literally nothing done was frustrating, as all I did was rummage the work code trying to find that one magic thing I needed to make what I was working on work... However, at the end of these two days, I eventually found what I needed and to top it off, I had all this other stuff I looked at somewhere in my head, and it made future work easier. Same kind of thing here!

Anyway, me... I haven't posted in here, but I've been making good progress on my own game. This week, hmm... Some finishing touches to my world map movement (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest style), Made a stand-in character for my female main character (gender of the main character is selectable), and got most of the story intro conversion (project from Ace) completed for the female character. I also rebuilt a small map because I realized it had too much dead space and was bigger than it needed to be.

...wow. Now that I look at it, that is really fantastic progress given how busy I've been. Now I understand part of the point of this thread!

Next I will be poking around at some animations. I need them bigger. I don't understand why everything in MV got bigger EXCEPT the battle animations. After, I will be working on fixing up the male character's story intro.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've accomplished almost what I wanted for the week.  The Stealth plug-in now responds to hearing and vision, and Actor, Class, Item, Weapon, Armor and States can all modify these checks (i.e. a Cloak of Invisibility or a Muffle spell, or heavy, clanky armor).

I can also set hearing and vision modifiers by Region ID, so an area of floor can be noisy or silent, and brightness figures in as well.

Individual events can be set to Patrol based on Region ID, using the "closest matching Region ID I haven't been to yet" logic.

I don't have a visible Stealth gauge yet, and I'm still confirming the Vision checks act like I want, but overall it's in good shape. I might put it on the MV plug-in repository in early December if all goes well (debugging takes longer than the initial coding).

Ekanselttar

It's Finally Happening
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
If sign-up is open,I'll be happy to participate.

My goal will be due for next Friday 27/11/2015

To kick-start (not the crowdfunding platform) my game,I need to edit the whole database and build up on there (My method seems weird,but I think it'll work).By the 27th,I need to finish the database editing by changing all the names and characteristics of the weapons,armour,and other miscellanea.And build my game from the ideas I get while doing that task.And,make the intro.

I'll begin by tomorrow evening.Thanks for hosting this event!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm going to start either posting in my forum blog or here information on the various monsters found in MV.  I did complete my previous goal which was to research all the cover art character names.  Only with one name I was unable to find anything

I'll be doing the Sahagin first as I already did all the research I need to a few weeks ago.

I'm currently proofing a PDF of a French RPG book  that was translated into English and that will  be taking up my time in the next couple of days as I need to do that so the physical printed version won't have any errors when that gets released in the next couple of months.  I'm got credited in the previous English translation of a book in that line for the same reason.

That RPG is a cyberpunk/horror game set in a futuristic Japan if you are wondering about it.

So the Enemies Guide will be the next thing MV thing I work on.

EnMod

noelquiles.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had a huge, HUGE concept to be worked on, but after much consideration decided to break it up into standalones that operate independently, to get a feel of how they should be tackled.  

First up, I'm planning out some prototypes based on the concepts of long-distance walking, falling, and moving against currents.  Then some mapping in RMMV and finally eventing where needed.  Basic stuff, but if I don't chill and do this stuff first to learn then the HUGE concept will very likely implode.

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yo project is called Heros it is set In a fantasy world where you are tasked with getting back the elemental stones from the peopl that stole them I hope to finish the first area this week. Hopefully you will all get to play it in the not too distant future as it's my first game I am thinking of giving it away for free as a beta then if I get good feed back I may polish it up and charge £2.99 for it or somthing.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually did some of what I said I was going to do (although nowhere near as much as I had wanted to do).  Behold!  A male template and something vaguely resembling an Underground station!

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Every game need a window skin but I failed hard to make my own window skin today.

So instead I tried to make a custom dialog bow, it was difficult for me to find a design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Religion

Dark Devil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when should we be expecting our badge for participating in the drive.

Digital Religion

Dark Devil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every game need a window skin but I failed hard to make my own window skin today.

So instead  tried to make a custom dialog, it was difficult for me to find a design.

This is beautiful work. Great job.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Digital Religion, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I successfully completed my Stealth plug-in and posted it.  I've also added a few other smaller plug-ins (EventTouchRadius and BareHanded).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tian