RPG Maker MV Iconsets by Henrique Lazarini

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Partelle, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Partelle

Partelle Warper Member

First Language:
    Português
    Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum, so I thought "why not start with a contribution to the community?"

I've purchased RPG Maker MV on Steam Store, with the intention of finally being able to use the legal form application, and so eventually make commercial games. But, the first thing i've noticied, when I opened the Maker, it is that the "Icon Set" basis is very limited and with few options. I've searched in this forum for a proper iconset, but most were the basis of the RPG Maker VX Ace resized, and I do not have a license from the RPG Maker VX Ace.

I've been looking for artists who make icons for free use, commercial or otherwise, and with the help of a post in this forum (I do not remember well what it was one that had several artists and icons creators), I found "7soul1 ( Henry Lazarini) "in DevianArt ... and I loved your icons. But when I import them into the RPG Maker, they were in a different size, needed to be resized properly. And that's what I did. I picked up one by one and resized, arranged so that they are close affinity (weapon with weapon, magic with magic, etc.), and made a "IconSet" modified base, I can use in any game. And now I'm sharing with you, for those who want to use. In their own terms of use 7soul1 he says that all the icons used by me to build this base, are free to use (either commercial or not). So if you want to use the icons, please credit: http://7soul1.deviantart.com/; Henry Lazarini.

One more thing, I also put the RPG Maker MV default icons with the kit, so if you want to use this iconset, you also need to have a license from the RPG Maker MV.

I hope you liked, whenever I do things for my game, I'll be sharing here. 

I apologize for any English error because this is not my native language (I'm from Brazil), and used the google translate most of the text.

IconSet.png

2. avitron142

avitron142 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So cool!!! I've really been needing some weapon iconsets, but haven't found too many so far. This really fits the bill, awesome work. Thanks!

3. MrAwesomeAiden

MrAwesomeAiden Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'll defenetly use these!! They look fantastic!

Thank you for your contribution!!

4. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ive been checking this guy's deviant and it seems that some of those icons are not meant to be used on comercial projects :<

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @kovak Do you have a link to which ones are not for commercial that are used in the set above? I've been trying to go through it as well, and while I've seen some, they do not appear to be used in Partelle's edits.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2016
  6. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nevermind, it was my mistake.

7. Volimance

Volimance Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These look great!

8. Ancientspark74

Ancientspark74 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    this iconset seeminly doesn't scale to the default one in MV.  MV picks 4 at a time in a 2x2 square for each selection

is there a version of this that has the icons large enough to work inside of MV or do I need to resize the original png to a specific percent

in a paint program first?

Quite.Toxick likes this.
  9. Partelle

Partelle Warper Member

First Language:
    Português
    I set it up so that the scale works correctly in RPG Maker MV, maybe while posting this content here has changed the original scale, because the one I own fits perfectly in RPG Maker. I will try to put this content in an external download link (but rather, a question, is this allowed here in the forum?).

10. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Hi Partelle.

I think you may have been betrayed by Google Translate. (Haven't we all???)

I think this guy 

http://7soul1.deviantart.com/art/16x16-RPG-Icons-Pack-1-Free-Sample-467188465#comments
    https://7soul.itch.io/7souls-rpg-graphics-pack-1-icons

Is selling icons, and the free sample you are using isn't okay for redistributing.

Licensed Content may not be resold, sublicensed, assigned, transferred or otherwise made available to third parties except as incorporated into Works for Distribution. 

11. Oliin

Oliin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

From a glance it looks like the icons being used here are the ones from 7soul1's "extra 98 free RPG icons" post on their deviantart gallery. http://7soul1.deviantart.com/gallery/44815788/Free-Stuff

The note 7soul1 put on the icon usage in that posting is, "Public Domain This work is free of known copyright restrictions. "

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  12. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, great. Thanks. I wanted to use these in my game and it looks like I can for commercial use.