RPG Maker MV is not a valid Win32 Application

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just finished installing the RPG Maker MV trial, doing trial to test it before I commit to buying it and/or transfering my VX Ace project to it. I haven't had the touch to even mess around with the program yet because when I click to open the file, I get a message saying it is not a valid Win32 application.

I'm using my grandma's computer while mine is in the shop. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my grandma's computer is Windows XP.

Stuffman

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's because it's a win64 application :p

XP can't run 64-bit programs.

EDIT: I stand corrected!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just finished installing the RPG Maker MV trial, doing trial to test it before I commit to buying it and/or transfering my VX Ace project to it. I haven't had the touch to even mess around with the program yet because when I click to open the file, I get a message saying it is not a valid Win32 application.

I'm using my grandma's computer while mine is in the shop. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my grandma's computer is Windows XP.
XP is, unfortunately, no longer a supported OS. You'll have to get to a computer that uses Vista or above in order to get it to work, unfortunately :/

That's because it's a win64 application :p

XP can't run 64-bit programs.
It's quite a 32-bit program.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
XP is, unfortunately, no longer a supported OS. You'll have to get to a computer that uses Vista or above in order to get it to work, unfortunately :/
Wow, I think this is the first software I've purchased that doesn't support XP.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, I think this is the first software I've purchased that doesn't support XP.
Well MS themselves, no longer supports XP.

Awhile back, I had to reformat my HD, but MS wouldn't update XP, so I ended up just sucking it up, and buying windows 7(64bit premium version at that, so hopefully I wont have to deal with crap like that, for a long time)

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
well no pc connected to the internet should still be running xp

just saying: it's like having a house (pc) with a kicked in door (no sec fixes) in a rough area of a big city (the internet)

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well no pc connected to the internet should still be running xp

just saying: it's like having a house (pc) with a kicked in door (no sec fixes) in a rough area of a big city (the internet)
They can pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Millions of people still used Windows 98 SE years after 'date', too (though most of those have since switched to XP). You'd be surprised how many businesses haven't switched yet. XP was where Microsoft reached "good enough" for like 99% of computer users.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not my computer so I can't upgrade it. I'll have to wait then.

Not surprised, Trove (an MMO I played on my busted computer) doesn't support XP either.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't imagine going back to XP now. W7 is really good.

GameNinjaX

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh well I have the same issue as Timmy...

I guess Ill keep working on my VX ace game

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Try to reinstall it, you can also try using Steam. Reboot your computer. Windows XP is really outdated, it doesn't have as good as services as the newer Windows, everything is really outdated in general. I really think should upgrade to be honest.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving to Tech Support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azarae