Announcement RPG Maker MV KADOKAWA Freebies 2019!

Spctorres

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To clarify the above, the Dark Fantasy pack also comes with normal-sized (chibi) battlers as well, such as 2_DF_Actor1, etc. You only need the weapon adjustment stuff if you use the taller sv battlers, which are all prefixed with a 3, so 3_Actor1_1 and such.

Personally, I think it's a shame RMMV settled on the chibi style, because the taller style looks really good. Oh well!
Thanks, so if i go by what you are saying, i should be able to use the taller battlers if i disable weapons and just have them use magic. Is that correct? I plan on having the evil looking enemies be taller than the good guys.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you plan on mixing the taller ones (3_DF_Actor1_1) with shorter ones (2_DF_Actor1) then yeah, you'll need some custom plugin if you want the weapons to work properly with both, or the approach you said where one side doesn't use weapons at all.

HeyItsKidd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just to clarify, I think I read somewhere about these Freebies being tied to "updates" - are these resources already included in 1.6.1, or should I go through all these threads and grab what I can?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HeyItsKidd, I'm pretty sure the things from the topic is already in RM folders, I have them and didn't downloaded manually.

fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seriously love the taller sprites and since I have seen the world outside the chibi sprites I am furiously searching a generator revamp with the taller sprites. Does it exist, though?

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That I can help with - https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-generator-project-v0-9-beta-released.112990/
I make the outfits on no set schedule and Anyone updates the program on no set schedule, though there's a fair amount in there already.
It is? Damn, they look wicked in a good way. Even though I fell in love I sadly can't use them because it wouldn't make much sense if the battlers stay chibi when the characters are so much taller.

Speaking of chibi, I hope this pack marks the end of the it.

Last edited:

Unity45

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know where to post this, but here are a few images I was working on, but decided to scrape. Anyone is welcome to have them.
Usually in the resource section under graphics:rhappy:

AgapeNovels

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
View attachment 107727
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019!

To celebrate a Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, KADOKAWA and DEGICA present free resources for your RPG Maker MV games! Let's go and reveal them all one by one shall we?

Dark Fantasy Character Pack

Enjoy a new set of Dark Fantasy styled characters! Includes Tall and Chibi Style assets for characters, SV characters and modified weapons. Don't miss out on this great set!

Magic and Sci-Fi Set

Sanshiro has created some nifty effects for us to use! This is because of the amazing new features that can be found in 1.6.1! I features GLSL shaders and some new magic tilesets. Includes a sample project made with RPG Maker MV 1.6.1 and completely translated to English.

Parallax Resource Pack

Enjoy a plethora of parallax resources and overlays to heighten the atmosphere of your game!
Includes a sample project made with RPG Maker MV 1.6.1

Enjoy these free resources by downloading over here!
Download Link

Can this pack be used in RPG Maker MZ or only MX? Thanks

Powerise

Fulltime Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The EULA for these assets are stricter. If it says MV only that's unfortunately the only maker you can use it on.
so sad, So I can't use this Dark fantasy for MZ?
Yes I read this "KADOKAWA grants permission to use the content for the purpose of creating a game
RPG Maker MV only.", I have purchased" RPG Maker MZ - Dark Fantasy Resource Pack "in order to combine it with Dark fantasy MV resources and use it in RPG Maker MZ. Very disappointed because of this Terms of use, but what can I do if the regulations are like that.:LZSsad:

fstar9688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so sad, So I can't use this Dark fantasy for MZ?
Yes I read this "KADOKAWA grants permission to use the content for the purpose of creating a game
RPG Maker MV only.", I have purchased" RPG Maker MZ - Dark Fantasy Resource Pack "in order to combine it with Dark fantasy MV resources and use it in RPG Maker MZ. Very disappointed because of this Terms of use, but what can I do if the regulations are like that.:LZSsad:
I found the DarkFantasyCharacterPack Folder in the RPG Maker MV DLC. There is no EULA in it, only a notepad with the name "は じ め に お 読 み く だ さ い". I tried to Google translate the contents, The contents are only how to use materials. Then I was browsing about this material the Japanese version and I found:

I found the following Terms of use:
■『RPGツクールMV』及び他ツクールシリーズ以外への転用は禁止いたします。
■本素材は、ユーザー登録をすることなく、ユーザーが任意で加工・改変するほか、加工・改変した本素材を無償で配布することが可能です。
ただし、『RPGツクールMV』で本素材を使用のうえ制作したゲームを配信する場合には、『RPGツクールMV』のユーザー登録が必要です。
■加工・改変した本素材の販売および本素材そのままを二次配布することは禁止いたします。

This is from Google translate:

■ Diversion to other than "RPG Maker MV" and other Maker series is prohibited.
■ This material can be processed and modified by the user without user registration, and the processed and modified material can be distributed free of charge.
However, if you want to distribute a game created using this material with "RPG Maker MV", you need to register as a user of "RPG Maker MV".
■ It is prohibited to sell the processed or modified material and to distribute the material as it is.

What I understand is that as long as we have an RPG Maker MV license, then we can use this Material in all RPG Maker. We just shouldn't use it in any other program than RPG Maker series. I don't really understand why the global version of the EULA and the Japanese version of the Term of use can be different. Sorry if there is an error in my opinion, I am willing to have my statement corrected if necessary.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I found the DarkFantasyCharacterPack Folder in the RPG Maker MV DLC. There is no EULA in it, only a notepad with the name "は じ め に お 読 み く だ さ い". I tried to Google translate the contents, The contents are only how to use materials. Then I was browsing about this material the Japanese version and I found:
Whatever you see in the EULA translation here is what KADOKAWA wanted. There should be no difference between EN and JP EULA unless they updated it. From what I read, it's not that different. I did brought it up before with them if they're sure they just want this for MV and they said yes.

Powerise

Fulltime Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whatever you see in the EULA translation here is what KADOKAWA wanted. There should be no difference between EN and JP EULA unless they updated it. From what I read, it's not that different. I did brought it up before with them if they're sure they just want this for MV and they said yes.
Thanks for answer and Clarification.

fstar9688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, Sorry for my wrong opinion. Thank You for your answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy