RPG Maker MV Mac Standalone?

Nelth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm interested in RPG Maker MV but don't have a steam account. I hear that back when the software launched in 2015 they were supposed to release a standalone version for Mac, but it got delayed because of a bug. Is it still going to be released?

Thanks!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Product Discussion and Support[/move]

Amane Kagari

Knight Regalius of Regisia Kingdom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm interested in RPG Maker MV but don't have a steam account. I hear that back when the software launched in 2015 they were supposed to release a standalone version for Mac, but it got delayed because of a bug. Is it still going to be released?

Thanks!
If I recalled, didn't someone say that there's not going to be any mac standalone versions? (Please someone confirm if this is correct or not. I might be mixing this up.) As far as I know, mac version's only on Steam. Sadly, I think there aren't much demands for a standalones for Mac is why there's no standalone version for Mac or so I heard. Well, anyways, you can always get it from Steam.

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
add one more vote to the demand for standalone on masOS.

I absolutely hate that a third party application (steam) is required in order for me to use software that I purchased, especially at a price point of $69.99. That is a lot of money for something that is incapable of walking on its own two feet, considering the influence that macOS has for professional quality development.

This is also my opinion, but I find it insulting that standalone support has not been introduced for macOS, considering that a variety of consoles will be receiving a RMMV port in the first quarter of the new year; the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and other consoles that will be receiving the RMMV port are playback engines and they are not really meant for product development. macOS and windowsOS on the other hand, these are legitimate development tools, so for windowsOS to have full standalone support without macOS sharing that same support before they begin porting the software to consoles just rubs me the wrong way, for the money I spent on the software...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle