Not open for further replies.

Psycrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there any special character codes for RMMV, like there were in RM2K3?

For instance: in RM2K3 certain codes were replaced by symbols, like: $A = Sword, $B = Shield, $C = Star of Salomon and so on.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you open the Show Text command and hover your mouse over the text area, the list of codes will pop up.

You can also find them in the help file (F1 > RPG Maker MV > Event Commands > Messages)

wzackw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So in other words, it is impossible in RPG Maker MV to display hearts, which seems to have been possible in past versions of RPG Maker? I'm using text hearts that appear garbled for some players...

Seajiha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@wzackw You can add text hearts by pressing ALT+3 in the message input. Using ALT with another number will give you the other symbols you know from the past versions of the RPG Maker (male, female, smilies etc).

wzackw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you! I actually meant to post that I found a workaround by changing the sword icon to a heart image, giving the sword no name, and then using the function that displays the name of a sword with the sword icon. But yours is much simpler!

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pressing ALT + any number during message input does nothing for me?

Seajiha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dbchest Be sure to have your numpad enabled and type the numbers on the numpad.

This input method is no Rpg Maker MV specific input. Have a look: https://www.rapidtables.com/code/text/alt-codes.html

The game just supports Unicode. This means you can also enter unicode symbols using alt, then pressing 0 and then the unicode. You can also copy unicode symbols from every webpage and insert it into the message box.

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you for explaining this; i never understood how it worked! i develop on a laptop though (i know), is unicode still an option for me? i am going to perform a google search.

edit
it seems the only way for laptops to access unicode is by using the special characters map desktop application that comes with windows.

Last edited:

wzackw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am pretty sure I tried using the unicode heart (copying and pasting from unicode special character lists), but it still appeared as garbled text for some people... I don't know.

But you can always just put the heart in one of the weapon or armor slots like I am now and use that! ;)

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unicode doesn't work on many US-locale based computers because most easy to get unicode comes from Japanese IME(on wondowd) and to read that you need Japanese Locale.

Camtheman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you add Greek symbols to skills? And how?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[necro]Camtheman[/necro]
This is also hi-jacking a thread i.e. introducing your own, different, query into someone else's thread.

Please make a new thread to ask this.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sheila Nagase

same caption as before. :3
"Be as honest as you possibly can as often as you can. It makes your lies much easier to believe."
Each new game means new ways to survive and you need to adapt when you have 10 different stores with lots of items for your adventure
It took really long to gather the 4 siblings to make this pictur- where did the fourth one go!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frostlord_Icy