RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Genie23

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Français/French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm a French maker, therefore I'm sorry in advance to my bad English.

I get this error when I try to import extra resources :
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
à RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form10.btnImportDirStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.8.4069.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RPG Maker MV Extended Generator
Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Users/Sphinx/Mes%20projets%20RMMV/RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Version de l'assembly : 10.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 14.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Version Win32 : 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Version Win32 : 4.8.4069.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32 : 4.8.4042.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Version Win32 : 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Storri

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks like an awesome program. How can it best be used with the Medieval Town & Country sprites?

Yonah

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everybody :)
I a new french RPG Game creator and I comment today for glad the creator of this awesome software. <3

The official generator is a very limited software but the Schlangan's version is more more easily and completed.
I can make more color of all categories and i want finally character more easily on my game.

Thanks so much Schlangan

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hey hullo French fellow! Yeah Schlangan is a real good working creator. ^^ Nice that he made this for us all ^^ .

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel a need to just say this: this generator is amazing. At this point, it is by far the most useful external tool I've used in my projects...it just works! The possibility to have multiple body types alone is fantastic, it actually makes the Beast Man Generator DLC useful! Not to mention you can just throw it on a USB stick, import all your default parts, DLCs and other community-made parts to have a portable character factory with you anywhere.

"Thanks" is the least I can say for this Schlangan!

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dunno if someone had asked it yet
But it is really compulsory to have a mask for each part?
I am importing some resources and i can't do it for some of them as they do not have masks...

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dunno if someone had asked it yet
But it is really compulsory to have a mask for each part?
I am importing some resources and i can't do it for some of them as they do not have masks...
You can try importing it by using a blank png as mask file.
But masks allow color changes, so if you want to change the colors, you'll need to make a mask for your sprites, otherwise they'll be fixed in their color.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to import default RPG Maker MV generator and there is an error of .NET: Index out of matrix
So...
This is 'coz i've added resources to the generator?
Is there any way to solve?
Also, if this had been already asked/answered, would you may quote it?

sparta212

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Can you please update the links, they are dead.

Lanta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey dudes and dudettes, hoping someone can help with an issue I keep having. When I try place a face etc when exporting, after the first save it starts doing this, snapping to where it's not supposed to.
ExGen bug.png

I have to exit the program, load the characters default face, change it to the expression I wanted to save, and then place it where I want. Then I'll have to repeat the process again because this happens.

Super appreciate any help, it's costing me heapsa time.

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even though it looks like it's snapping where it's not supposed to, if you save it, the face or sprite still shows up in the correct slot that you'd clicked. Or at least, it always has for me. I've never had to exit the program, although I admit it was startling at first and I was nervous. But yeah, I'd suggest just clicking on the spot you want the face in and saying export even if it snaps somewhere weird, then immediately opening up the file and checking it. The face will probably be where you wanted it in the saved version.

Lanta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
H
Even though it looks like it's snapping where it's not supposed to, if you save it, the face or sprite still shows up in the correct slot that you'd clicked. Or at least, it always has for me. I've never had to exit the program, although I admit it was startling at first and I was nervous. But yeah, I'd suggest just clicking on the spot you want the face in and saying export even if it snaps somewhere weird, then immediately opening up the file and checking it. The face will probably be where you wanted it in the saved version.
Hey neato, you were right! I gon save so much time now, cheers!

GoldiePara

Majikreitz Founder
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got this error when I import default generator parts, please help me on how to solve it! Thanks!rpgmveg error.png

10to21

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@GoldiePara I just simply restart the program, and then try importing the item again. You could also redownload it aswell.

rjcarless

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Emergency, please help ;_;

I got an updated version of MV with the generator parts, and I decided to update the default resources. I made a backup of the resources MV stuff in case. But after I updated and put the new stuff in, a TON of my old resources went missing. And the old backup doesn't work either. Someone, please please help.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Emergency, please help ;_;

I got an updated version of MV with the generator parts, and I decided to update the default resources. I made a backup of the resources MV stuff in case. But after I updated and put the new stuff in, a TON of my old resources went missing. And the old backup doesn't work either. Someone, please please help.
What did you backup?

There are two folders of the generator, "resources" and "resources_mv" and both contain both sprites as well as gradient files & the database. The one that's in use depends on whether you selected MV mode or advanced mode in the generator.

From the way it sounds, you rebuilt the editor database anew by importing all the MV resources, ensuring that everything you manually added was lost.

CloudzChow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't change fur colours from Hiddenone's Beastman parts can you fix it?
Also can you please update so the extended generator accepts json file from the MV generator?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't change fur colours from Hiddenone's Beastman parts can you fix it?
Also can you please update so the extended generator accepts json file from the MV generator?
For the first one, that's a totally unrelated to the extended generator problem. What determines what you can change colors of is the mask of the file you're importing. If you're having trouble, try deleting the resource, look at the mask colors for the sprite, then manually import the resources in question (the auto-import can be glitchy in certain cases, wish it wasn't, but oh well). While you're manually importing you can hook the face files to the right mask color.

For the second one: this honestly isn't that desirable of a feature. Schlangen's own generator is far better than the RMMV generator (though they don't seem to be updating it any longer, which is a same as if the glitchiness was fixed and you could edit your managed resources without causing them to glitch out 60% of the time this would be a perfect tool). Since there aren't many color options and no offset function in the base generator you shouldn't have trouble recreating them in the extended generator and saving them in that file type.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
I didn't give any news for a while. I have been quite busy with work and mostly my own game, but the generator isn't forgotten ;)

I'll start thinking of a way to get your generator folder when you encounter a bug so I can get the exact same configuration as you guys; Doing so I should be able to reproduce the glitch and figure out where it comes from.
For example; the snapping issue when exporting doesn't occur on my computer; nor the index of out of bounds. Something specific must be causing the issue.

The JSON import from MV has been considered, however, I need to define strict rules when doing so; you can't really import a picture from MV (and in the future MZ) if you changed all the settings of the generator; The import would only be reasonable if all the base resources are present with regular templates, for example.

I'm also thinking of writing something new in Java instead of VB.net so it could be used for Linux and Mac users too. And of course, I'll have to prepare everything for the arrival of MZ. Perhaps I should also prepare templates for older versions of RPG Maker too.

Ideas are still flowing, the only thing I lack for now is Time, my old enemy :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandoras