RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - Version 0.59

A short fix about the importation of MV default resources. The big bad DLCs with their erroneous filenames were causing issues over there too. I applied the same fix as the MV-like folder import.

I tried to sign the executable file, as most antiviruses ask for signatures. However, this is my first attempt, I don't know how they will react. Tell me if you encounter additional issues because of this.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1597269280463.png

It complains but the install worked just fine.

I also just realized the missing icon warnings when doing the initial import from MV are NOT part of the defaults - I'd apparently put HiddenOne's stuff into my regular MV generator folder. Ooops. Guess I need to take the MV generator back to default and just throw all the toys into your generator :)
And I'd be willing to bet that some of those underscores in the names are part of the problem....

Banjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The update is amazing! I love the new look and UI (*so* much more intuitive) and tags are very useful. The best parts are being able to multi-select for export and the colour picker being much easier to understand now.

For those struggling with importing Hiddenone's amazing Generator parts (I use my own custom tweaked version but this should work with the original too), you need to remove the following character strings from some of the filenames: "_hiddenone", "_byAvery" and "_editbyRoscalin".

I've attached a preset for Advanced Renamer (the program I mainly use to rename lots of files) but you can easily do it with another program or even by hand. Doing this finally allowed me to import those parts without errors.

There are also a couple of "case" errors that cause problems, such as "TVD_AccA_p603" being named "TVD_AccA_P603". The extended generator seems to be case sensitive, so you need to go through and fix these too. The preset fixes the "P->p" issue, but I recall there being a few other errors where files are wrongly named ("TF" instead of "TV" possible for one or two files?). I'd list the other files with this problem (one is a cloak/shield, I think) but I already fixed them ages ago and forget which ones it was! :(

Attachments

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Starting from version 0.58, I tweaked the code so files can be imported with the additional _xxxxx names. As long as the files end with _c.png, _cX.png or _cX_mYYY.png, this should now work.

Can you try again with the initial names of hiddenone's ?

kabivel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am getting an error when importing a new gradient.

8/13/2020 4:58:58 PM Unhandled Exception
8/13/2020 4:58:58 PM ..... Message: An item with the same key has already been added.
8/13/2020 4:58:58 PM ..... HResult: 80070057
8/13/2020 4:58:58 PM ..... Source: mscorlib
8/13/2020 4:58:58 PM ..... Stack Trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmMain.SetupGradients()
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmMain.SetupGUI()
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmMain.ReloadAll()
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmMain.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Version 0.59

UPDATE:

If more than 1 gradient is created before saving the error appers.

UPDATE 2:

Tried to create 2 new gradient colores with the same color. This triggered the error

Last edited:

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd appreciate some way to import resources from the old version of the generator. Piled up a lot of resources. I understand if that's not in the card, though.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - Version 0.60

I fixed the issue encountered by @kabivel. Now, you can't add two identical gradients inside the same color category. The generator will give a red warning and prevent you from clicking "Apply and Close" if you try.

I added two things :
- A menu to wipe out the database and resources if you want to restart clean. With this, you don't have to remove the folders yourself, and the program restarts.
- An option you seem to ask like @Htlaets,import entirely the former version (0.10) of the generator. If you do so, all your current resources are erased, and the following limitations appear: you won't have tags, all gradients will end up in the "Other" category, and some icons may be missing. Depending on what you altered in your database, the import may crash, only tests from you guys will tell me if this happens.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the extended generator. I have not used it yet but, wow, thank you!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of the best things ever. Why is this not pinned? :unsure:

also dark mode would be amazing

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - Version 0.61

While starting my infamous project of the generator for my own game and all its races, I found two bugs, so I fixed them on the way:

- The save dialog window will stop spawning twice if you click cancel at the filename selection window
- The editor will now understand that changing a slider position for a generated slider is, actually something you changed. The preview will also stop being wrong with generated gradients because of that.

And for your question @michaelmartin341, it's not pinned, because there are always replies that push the topic on top; pinned topics are new topics with few replies, to make them visible.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At this point the biggest issue I'm having is generator parts. LOL. Actually have quite a few installed in there right now and need to tweak some due to missing icons and such.

Overall though it's working very nicely and I've been able to add and remove parts very nicely as trying to clean things up. Apparently some of my earlier tweaking mangled things. I'm debating on trying to import the database into the latest version or just rebuilding it yet again and try to avoid some of the mistakes I've made so far importing various parts in...... It's so much nicer when the parts are setup in the MV Folder format.......

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Schlangan - just came back from vacation myself and I was able to run some tests on your latest version (0.61) - works great, no error messages on imports at all so far!

I tested all generator DLC packs I have except two (will test them a bit later and share feedback afterwards). Here's the info I have, maybe it will be of use to others:

Tested:
Add-on Vol.4 Kid Generator Parts (manual fix needed)
Heroine Character Generator 1
Heroine Character Generator 2
Heroine Character Generator 3
Heroine Character Generator 4 (manual fix needed)
Japanese Character Generator Expansion 1
Japanese Character Generator Expansion 2
Japanese Character Generator Expansion 3 (manual fix needed)
Modern Generator (manual fix needed)
1 Year Anniversary Parts
Generator v1.2

Here are the manual fixes per DLC:

Japanese Character Generator 3
Female: p70 eyebrows -> missing icon (icon file is not present in the folder, you can use the one from the Male folder)
Female: beard_p70 -> files included (just delete the files from the database)

Heroine Character Generator 4
Female: BeastEars_p800006 -> icon and face name don't match (both have double "BeastEars" in name)
Female: BeastEars_p800007 -> icon and face name don't match (both have double "BeastEars" in name)

Kid Generator Parts
Kid: body_p01 -> missing icon (extended generator comes with a template one, manually add it from the resources folder)

Modern Generator
Female: glasses p08 -> multiple missing files (not included in DLC folder, just delete it from the database)
Male: glasses p07 -> multiple missing files (not included in DLC folder, just delete it from the database)

Just a small clarification - in all cases I tested, I removed the additional body files, I'll be importing those separately.
The two DLCs I own but still need to test are the Beast Man Generator and Zombie Man Generator.

Last edited:

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for double-posting, I just finished testing the Zombie and Beast Man Generator DLC imports.
Zombie Man Generator - imports without any errors
Beast Man Generator - manual fixing needed

Accessory B p80013 -> FG file "FG_AccB_p80013_4" should be renamed to "FG_AccB_p80013_c4"
BeastEars (all of them) -> files have extra "Ears_" in the FG file names, remove it before importing

Still haven't tested body importing for Heroine Character Generator 3, Zombie Man Generator and Beast Man Generator. Those should work just fine anyway as far as I can tell.

Once I get my hands of Heroine Character Generator 5 and 6 / Fantacy FaceGen I'll share further feedback on importing the official DLCs.

I also still need to test Hiddenone's packs, I'm guessing a bunch of fixes will be needed for it as well (at least I recall that happening on v0.09).

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question about those files. Do they work in MV's generator despite their bad naming? If the file is named xxxx_4 instead of xxxxx_c4, is it working as intended (seems it cannot be colored anyways). Same thing with the additional Ears_ in the filenames.

If you have some time, can you send me a complete list of all files for all which do need manual fixes, (a text file per dlc would be neat)? I'll see if I can come up with something to avoid the need for those fixes.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - Version 0.62

RPG Maker MZ is out. So, now, you can also import RPG Maker MZ's resources in one go, including the gradient files (more than one this time). The generator can also read the new JSON format of the generator characters. Unlike before, only one character is saved inside that JSON format, while you had a male, a female, and a kid at once in RPG Maker MV.

I also added two minor options for better convenience; categories can be moved up and now in the configuration. Also, name text boxes are automatically focused when you click on New... something. It saves a click.

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question about those files. Do they work in MV's generator despite their bad naming? If the file is named xxxx_4 instead of xxxxx_c4, is it working as intended (seems it cannot be colored anyways). Same thing with the additional Ears_ in the filenames.

If you have some time, can you send me a complete list of all files for all which do need manual fixes, (a text file per dlc would be neat)? I'll see if I can come up with something to avoid the need for those fixes.
Sure, you can find them attached.

Sort've good news - bought the two missing DLCs - Heroine Character Generator 5 and 6 - ...and bad news - they are definitely broken, though I can't quite understand what's going on with them, it seems files are being skipped instead of misplaced during importing.

Below is the trace log from importing them, got any suggestions on what might be going on?

21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template face. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80031_c1_m016.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template face. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80031_c2_m017.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template face. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80031_c3_m018.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template face. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80032_c1_m016.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template face. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80032_c2.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Imported icon not found for resource Heroine5_Female_Beast Ears_BeastEars
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template SV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\SV\Female\SV_ACCB_p80032.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template SV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\SV\Female\SV_ACCB_p80032_c.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80031.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80031_c.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80032.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Layer ACCB isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 5\heroine-character-generator-5\heroine-character-generator-5\TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80032_c.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 20:54:13 Imported icon not found for resource Heroine5_Female_Rear Hair_p8002
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80001.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80001_c.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80002.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80002_c.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80003.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80003_c.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80004.png has been skipped.
21-Aug-20 21:00:54 Layer Cloak isn't associated with template TV. The File D:\Downloads\Purchassed\RPGMakerWeb\Heroine Character Generator 6\heroine-character-generator-6\heroine-character-generator-6\TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80004_c.png has been skipped.

EDIT: I just noticed - the same issue happens with the Kid Generator Parts - SV FrontHair1 p03 (the layer error), the trace log disappeared after I closed it though >_<

Attachments

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the trace logs, says, the layers and templates do not match. For ACCB, the issue definitely comes from the capital letters. The template contains layer AccB, not ACCB.

As for the charsets, TV, it contains, layers Cloak1 (for sprites facing up) and Cloak2 (for the other sprites). Here, the files are named Cloak, which is neither Cloak1 nor Cloak2

And, for the Kid Generator Part, template SV has only got layer FrontHair, not FrontHair1.

In other words, all of these issues are caused by improper naming by those who created the DLCs....

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the trace logs, says, the layers and templates do not match. For ACCB, the issue definitely comes from the capital letters. The template contains layer AccB, not ACCB.

As for the charsets, TV, it contains, layers Cloak1 (for sprites facing up) and Cloak2 (for the other sprites). Here, the files are named Cloak, which is neither Cloak1 nor Cloak2

And, for the Kid Generator Part, template SV has only got layer FrontHair, not FrontHair1.

In other words, all of these issues are caused by improper naming by those who created the DLCs....
Guess nobody thought about quality assurance with the paid DLCs >_<

Which is hilarious seeing how they do not work in the built-in generator either for the same reason =|

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up! I'll be applying manual fixes on these as well.
Do let me know if I can provide you any info or testing on my side, got all generator DLCs except Fantasy FaceGen Vol.1 ^-^

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find reassuring that the files do not work in the MV generator either. Perhaps the case sensitive issue is not for them, though.

If you didn't, feel free to join the discord. Usually, having the filenames is enough for me to create a fake dlc content and test the import with that. Doing so, I don't need the resource that I didn't pay for.

Perhaps at some point I'll see if I can create another piece of code; which tells which files were skipped and offers possible ways to integrate them. Some sort of form saying "file X has ACCB layer but it doesn't exist, did you mean AccB", or things like that.

But in some distant future, not right now.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Case sensitivity is an issue that has plagued Windows since the beginning because it's tended to be very sloppy in that respect compared to like Unix type platforms. If you're targeting Windows only you can often get by with just converting everything to upper case but that can cause problems for multi-platform stuff. Honestly the people who make the DLCs should be a little less sloppy. I'm suspecting they're running on Windows since Linux will tend to not tolerate that and I don't use Mac much but suspect it doesn't either since the modern versions are based on BSD...... From what I've seen the DLCs for RMMV stuff is all over the place in quality. Most of what I've bought in the way of DLC I got on sale and I tended to go with stuff that got good reviews so I think I've done fairly well on getting a bit better quality DLCs or at least getting my money's worth out of them :)

Side note: Just playing with MZ and it seems the generator for it may have a few more things than the MV one but yours is still better :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodeUltima