RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a bit confused. Can I still reorder my gradient colors? If so, how do I do that? I used to rearrange my gradients according to color, but I now don't know how to do that, and I'm afraid I don't understand the tutorial enough to know how to do that, or if I can do that.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can still move up and down the colors of the gradient list with the arrows (circled in red on the picture). Now, the addition is gradient categories; each color belongs to a category. Those categories are the tabs of the gradient colors in the main windows. You can also move them up and down. (circled in blue on the picture)

If you only want all gradients in one tab sorted by colors, simply remove all categories but "Other". Then you can reorder as you want the gradient list.

1598076613213.png

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a link to an older version if we want to tinker with the older rxge files or is it not worth the trouble? I've ended up with server rxge files in my search for generator parts although it's entirely possible I may have those parts in some of the other downloads.

I just downloaded the 0.62 version and am importing parts from a clean database. The ACompleteBeardsTrim_2ndCollection(Free)_SythianBard only got number 19 correct. The others in that set it managed to do the FG separately so I deleted those entries and manually put the FG into the other items. I don't see any obvious name differences that would have confused it so not sure why that happened but I love the fact it's very easy to fix things like that :)

OK yet another edit LOL
I accidentally had an extra folder when doing the import from folder option and the program got an exception and closed. Interestingly enough it seemed to have completely cleared the database as well... The Resources folder still has the images but the database must have gotten corrupted. The Logs folder is completely empty as well although the folder itself has a recent timestamp. I'm gonna just nuke the whole setup and start again. Doing some cleanup on the folders of the resources I plan on importing to help alleviate issues. I've started trying to cleanup the file names on any parts I've got that will give the generator fits and I'm setting all the individual parts into folders to streamline the importing so will see what happens. But if you get a chance to eventually sanity check the folder import in case we did something stupid like having a Test folder along with the normal Face, SV, etc... :)

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The older version is still on the server; here is the link.
RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Old version 0.10

I'll take a look at the generator breakdown when you have additional unwanted folders.

Edit: For the beards, the import fails because there are unwanted dots in the filenames.

The single file working:
FG_Beard_p19_c1_m003.png

The files not working :
FG_Beard_p18._c1_m003.png
FG_Beard_p20._c1_m003.png
FG_Beard_p21._c1_m003.png
FG_Beard_p22._c1_m003.png
FG_Beard_p23._c1_m003.png

There shouldn't be dots after the pXX, which causes the issue.

Last edited:

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately that link isn't working at the moment. But I wouldn't mind playing with the older version.

OK so I missed the extra dots. That's interesting but easily fixable before doing the import. That sort of thing is much easier and quicker for me than trying to make my own generator parts :)
Overall I'm finding that file names are one of the biggest issues with a lot of the generator parts. I'm figuring out enough about how this works now that perhaps I can eventually get folder setups for a lot of these and contact the artists to see if they want to have those linked to make things a bit smoother.

Not sure if I broke something again or just found a bug:
1598317940925.png
No matter what I do in the manual resource area I don't get the option to apply changes...........

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can't apply changes, scroll down the warnings. There must be a red warning telling you what is wrong.

Dicleon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I've been using your extended generator from the start, and I must admit I haven't been updating as I should. Now I'm up to date but all the MV parts I've imported don't have their original mask activated, so the hairs don't have the hair mask to modify their colors, same for eyes and such only mz parts have the mask activated, I can do those change manually but what could be the reason it didn't import that data? The database being older than 0.10 (yeah I know should've updated) I can't import my old database, only resources... Is there something I'm missing?

Edit : Made the changes manually for now it's not too long to do thanks to the amazing UI!

Last edited:

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK there were TWO issues in red out of a list of like 365 so that took some time to find both of them...... I guess doing a batch import of a folder without knowing if it's even going to work isn't such a great idea.......... It was a hiddenone big folder so I need to clean that up as it's got some cool stuff in there.
Incidentally I don't think any of what got imported got mask color so have to individually add those in.

OK I did the initial import from MZ and now seeing apparently there are some differences between MZ and MV on the character sprites which may be affecting the generator..... Considering I'm probably not going to actually do much with MZ until Visustella get all the cool features from Yanfly up and running I think I'll just clear the database and start with the MV import and redo the imports of the extra parts and see how that goes....

aidan012

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
would it be possable for you to make a linux version of the program or at least make it compatable with wine. At the moment I'm using the free trial of MV to generate characters than converting them for use in RPG maker XP. It would be so nice to use this rather than the one inside of RPG maker.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE - Version 0.60

- An option you seem to ask like @Htlaets,import entirely the former version (0.10) of the generator. If you do so, all your current resources are erased, and the following limitations appear: you won't have tags, all gradients will end up in the "Other" category, and some icons may be missing. Depending on what you altered in your database, the import may crash, only tests from you guys will tell me if this happens.
Finally got around to trying this out since MZ is up.
This comes up when I try to do it:
1598424071191.png

The trace log has the following text (replaced some stuff with redacted):
8/26/2020 2:16:27 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\TV\RearHair1_8d8496609d2b12d-2714_mask.png
8/26/2020 2:16:27 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\SV\Cloak1_8d8496609c0b3c3-676_mask.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\Icons\8d8496609bc4655-241.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\FG\Clothing2_8d8496609bc4655-241_pic1.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\FG\Clothing2_8d8496609bc4655-241_pic3.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\FG\Clothing2_8d8496609bc4655-241_pic5.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\TV\Clothing1_8d8496609bc4655-241_pic.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\TV\Clothing1_8d8496609bc4655-241_mask.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\TV\Clothing1_8d8496609bc4655-241_pic.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM WARNING - modMain.SafeCopy - Source File doesn't exist : C:\Users\[Redacted]\Documents\Games\Character Gen\New char gen\Resources\TV\Clothing1_8d8496609bc4655-241_mask.png
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM Unhandled Exception
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM ..... Version: 0.62
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM ..... Message: One or more errors occurred.
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM ..... HResult: [Redacted]
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM ..... Source: mscorlib
8/26/2020 2:16:28 AM ..... Stack Trace:
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, Action`1 body)
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.modMain.ParallelFileCopy(List`1 files_to_copy, ProgressBar pbar)
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.genDatabase.Importv010(String path, ProgressBar& pbar)
at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmImportOldResources.btnBeginImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, though, but why can't we just import the resource folder itself in a similar way to other folders would be imported instead of using the .dat file?

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The .dat file is required because everything can be changed with the generator. You can have new mask colors, different drawing orders (layer positions), for example. Because of this, a regular import wouldn't be sufficient to get everything you did in v0.10.

Also, the former version was messy with file cleanups, so the resource folder could be heavier than required with duplicates.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The more I use this generator the more I appreciate the flexibility it offers.
The tagging is a feature that will help immensely in dealing with both MZ and MV due to minor differences in the sprite sizes and proportions which means some parts might from one version might not fit well with the other. I will probably even use the custom for some (currently sidelined) projects with Godot.
I just realized you can do offsets with any parts you add which can come in quite handy to make minor adjustments. I suspect that's why that feature made it into the MZ generator. One thing I'm now thinking would be cool would be rotation so you could slightly rotate the face, hair, eyes, etc. to add more expression to pictures by giving an apparent tilt to the head....

cabanas_ds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so many good generators win only :(

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Forgot to mention this, but the error I posted results in nothing being imported but all files still being deleted, unfortunately.

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got around to testing the body importing and...I came across another layer matching error when importing the Beast Man Generator body files =/

28-Aug-20 17:55:21 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p07.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 17:55:21 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p07_c.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 17:55:21 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p08.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 17:55:21 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p08_c.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 17:55:21 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p09.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 17:55:21 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p09_c.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 18:05:27 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p07.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 18:05:27 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p07_c.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 18:05:27 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p08.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 18:05:27 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p08_c.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 18:05:27 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p09.png has been skipped.
28-Aug-20 18:05:27 Layer body isn't associated with template TV. The File C:\Users\CrisR82\Desktop\DLC to import\Beast Man Body\Generator\TV\Male\TV_body_p09_c.png has been skipped.

You'll notice that there are two logs for each file - that's because after the first attempt to import the files, I assumed there was an error on the mask file (2 out of 3 had a few pixels of different shade of brown color on the underwear), I manually edited out those and re-attempted the import, same result.

Afterwards, I compared the body mask files to the ones from the SV folder and the TV ones from Zombie Man Generator - the mask colors seem to be identical (the ones from Zombie Man Generator worked fine).

Any suggestions what I can try for this?

P.S. Modern Generator and Heroine Generator body files worked fine as well, so it's just the Beast Man ones that are error'ing out when imported.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue comes from the names once again. For TV, the layer is Body, not body. So, it doesn't add the body elements because of this. Each element has two files, one regular and a mask, so both files are skipped. I'm going to change my code so it isn't case sensitive anymore.

The new version will come in less than one hour.

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue comes from the names once again. For TV, the layer is Body, not body. So, it doesn't add the body elements because of this. Each element has two files, one regular and a mask, so both files are skipped. I'm going to change my code so it isn't case sensitive anymore.

The new version will come in less than one hour.
...I honestly cannot believe I overlooked this...again T_T
Renamed the files - everything works...this is too embarrassing >_<

Thanks for the fast reply!
I'll try to compile a single easy-to-follow list for all the DLC packs and post it here once completed, then I'll give hiddenone's pack a try to see what works and what doesn't there.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - Version 0.63

I added a clever trick on the generator for importations of MV-like folder. If the layers in the filename have incorrect capital letters like before, the generator will now try to guess what is the real layer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Once again working on a game I'm not sure I'm going to sell or even publish
That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop