RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, I forgot about some changes not completed.

Fix - version 0.64

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just... wow! Incroyable. I cannot believe how advanced this tool is compared to the one that comes with RPG Maker. No more fiddling with renaming hundreds of files when changing character type.

You are a savior!

PS: Link on your website states that the version is v0.55

Annotation 2020-08-31 06350532.jpg

Last edited:

Xedrik_Rusty

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Can someone help me? I've spent hours to import new resources. I did export a few rxge2 files in a folder. Now I cant import them again and all my work is wasted.

Here is the fatal error:

02.09.2020 20:10:31 Unhandled Exception
02.09.2020 20:10:31 ..... Version: 0.64
02.09.2020 20:10:31 ..... Message: Ein Element mit dem gleichen Schlüssel wurde bereits hinzugefügt.
02.09.2020 20:10:31 ..... HResult: 80070057
02.09.2020 20:10:31 ..... Source: mscorlib
02.09.2020 20:10:31 ..... Stack Trace:
bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
bei RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.genDatabase.ImportRXGE2(String path)
bei RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmRGXE2.ImportRXGE2(String path)
bei RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmRGXE2.btnSelectFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is it possible to fix it?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Xedrik_Rusty
If possible, can you provide me the rxge2 files, so I can check what is happening?

(As for the website, it is currently being worked on, hence I've not been updating for a while)

Xedrik_Rusty

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure. But I can't attach the files here - error...
So you can download the RXGE2 file from my google drive cloud

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - Version 0.65

Small update, with a fix for RXGE2 files for @Xedrik_Rusty ; your file has an issue with some names. Now, file like that can still be imported, except for the doubled names. In your case, only some facial marks are impacted. You can take down your link, in order to not give access to the resources inside to anybody.

Addition for @Moon_Haven ; you can now export/import gradient files to a new RXGG2 file format from the gradient database window. Allows easy sharing of gradients.

Xedrik_Rusty

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. I really thank you. But there is another bug. Now I can cause of you open my RXGE2 File, but I can't manually edit the resources anymore. I am not able to click on the 'apply and close' button cuz the button is greyd out. What's wrong there again?^^

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Scroll down the warnings and check the red lines, they will tell you what is wrong.

Mudonis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I keep getting missing icon errors when importing generator assets made by other creators.

Is there any fix to this or is a new patch needed to fix the issue?

Edit: I am using the version 0.65.

Last edited:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should create a post in the General Resource subforum for these gradients. Of course, you can add a link to this topic if people do not know about the generator.

Else, your post will end up lost through the pages of this topic.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I keep getting missing icon errors when importing generator assets made by other creators.

Is there any fix to this or is a new patch needed to fix the issue?

Edit: I am using the version 0.65.
A lot of that appears to be naming issues. It's actually fairly easy to go into manually add the missing items which I've done with a lot of that stuff. If you are viewing large or extra large icons in Windows Explorer on the folder where the parts are it's usually pretty easy to see which files go where. Then you can just drag and drop them into position in the character generator.

Mudonis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of that appears to be naming issues. It's actually fairly easy to go into manually add the missing items which I've done with a lot of that stuff. If you are viewing large or extra large icons in Windows Explorer on the folder where the parts are it's usually pretty easy to see which files go where. Then you can just drag and drop them into position in the character generator.
I'm a visual learner so do you have any screenshots to help guide me?

Sorry if it's a hassle.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1599312912607.png
When you go into Manually Edit Resources you can use the assets already there as a guide to what goes where. And you'll see the messages at the bottom of things the generator is warning you about.

1599313111598.pngThe easier setups will have a folder format like above where you can match up FG to the face folder etc.
1599313941608.png

Here I've dragged the SV files from the folder in Explorer up to the upper right area and need to change the layer in that drop down on the right. Notice the file names SV_Glasses_p06 is the Regular file and SV_Glasses_p06_c is the mask file - that "c" is how it knows the mask file so as long as the names match it does that automatically.
1599314095249.png
The icon file is found in the Variation folder if that exists but you can see that its name starts with Icon and you just drag it up into that little box for the Icon.

Once you get used to it you can actually just build the stuff from here by doing New like I did there. Big thing to remember is to select the proper Part from the dropdown on the left side near the Icon box BEFORE you start dragging the files up into the files window to make sure it knows what part. Also it greatly helps to have the Tags set properly so the part can be found when you're using the generator. Depending on what part you're dealing with you might need to select the Mask Color on the right to match up like selecting Skin Color for a face part etc...

In the Files section you can rearrange by using the arrows on the side of the box and that X at the bottom right of the Files box lets you remove a file you accidentally placed in there.

If you can't Apply and Close look in the bottom messages area for something in red as that's an item it can't save until you correct it.

I have a number of warnings in there right now because those items don't have mask files but they're not setup to be able to have the colors changed. I tinkered with making a mask file for one of them but changing the color didn't turn out so great anyhow :)

So experiment and have fun. Worst case you'll find a bug and have to let Schlangan know.
I've broken things enough times now I'm getting pretty good at starting from scratch and totally rebuilding the database in there :)

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So this is amazing. I just read through all 31 pages and the way you've tracked and kept up with bugs even while personally busy while keeping feature updates when you have spare time means a lot, thank you so much for the time and effort.
I'll be trying to get those tall icons in myself (why they aren't a default option in MZ at least I'll never know) and I'll let you know if I encounter any new bugs.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is far from over. For example, here I come with...

UPDATE - Version 0.66

• Fix: When importing resources from RPG Maker like folders from a database setup for MZ, a crash occurred due to the hidden key names of mask colors.
  • New: When exporting character pictures, the path for each template is saved. After your first export, you don't need to change folders every time anymore.
  • New: Zoom level 150% added. Buttons + and - for zoom level.
  • New: Duplication of gradient colors
  • New: Custom colors in the color selection window are saved as long as the software remains open
  • New: Button to add subdivisions to the gradient data; this button adds sliders exactly in the middle between all existing sliders.

Enjoy ;)

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having an error that occurs which is key not found. Does anyone knows what causes this?

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having an error that occurs which is key not found. Does anyone knows what causes this?
I do not have that issue.
Are you able to share a little more info on how to replicate? Eg.: when does it happens, where, doing what, etc. It would certainly help OP tracking down the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Always remember kids keep a copy of you email with your download code in it or you will never find it again in your email :kaocry:
Dragon quest IX just released a definitive edition that has a 2D top-down RPG mode for the entire game, AKA you can play the entire game as if it was made for super Nintendo, i WISH i didn't already buy the original version or else I would get this version to get some ideas for my game and honestly the story was tooooo boring for me to play again. Hmm I'm sure somebody will do a lets play in 2D mode on YouTube.
Day 4 of Giveaways! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy32400