RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course. This occurs when I am importing my save of my generator part in the RXGE2 file into my generator. It occurs every time, and only at the end of the import. I've recreated the file, created a different file, uninstalled and reinstalled my generator, moved my generator to different files, and yet this still happens each time. I have two custom templates (wing and tail face) but I have checked and rechecked them each time to make sure they don't get in the ay.

jlusco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
I cannot seem to add parts manually. The save button stays greyed out. What am I missing?
1599912261379.png

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have several warnings; scroll them until you find the red warnings. You must resolve them before continuing.

jlusco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
The only red warning was for a default part.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't matter what the part is - once you go into the manual editor it wants you to fix that before you can save. Once you make it happy then it cooperates nicely :)

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Error Report: I am having some resources that I manually add show up in manual edit screen but not the generator. This is not with every resource. This appears to occur when too many resources are added manually at once.

Last edited:

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the tags. Sometimes when adding stuff I'll find I'm missing tags - I'm currently tagging everything with "RPG Maker MV" as I've not yet seriously moved to MZ but will start playing with setting that up eventually.
Even when I've got the "Untagged" checkbox in the filter I've found that things seem to be missing and I go in and tag it then it shows up in the editor.....

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much

Goole558

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have a problem i attach the log file

Attachments

HELLFIRE3110

Omega Deciple
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question, I'm having an issue making an icon for a body asset I worked on to appear, I'll the variation icon I'm talking about, in the log it shows me that it couldn't find the icon:
Code:
9/23/2020 3:25:18 AM Imported icon not found for resource NI1_Male_Body_p10
Attached you'll find the icon i'm talking about, I made sure to place it inside the Generator\Variation\Male folder with the name icon_Body_p10, in the generator it still appears as missing icon but the rest shows up, I can manually edit the icon and add a custom one from editing the resource manually within the editor but is there any way I can just make it automatically identify the icon?
4eb828c26b1f9248b28ca491a2cf9857.png

Attachments

raziel23x

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what are some good sites or generators i can import into this to expand the character generation as i am looking for male child characters but it seems that both this one as well as the built in one on mv just do female child characters and looking to expand and change the child character tab and make 2 different ones a male child and a female child generators

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a really good generator many thanks for this, and many thanks for making it work with RPG Maker MZ! : )

CloudzChow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Importing from MV Generator to Extended generator, messes up the generator parts icon. They looked like this after importing the resources, also sometimes it cause error when I try to manually fixes the icon.
1601308266002.png

CardeMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After i dowloaded the recent version, it can't no longer open my old .RXGC files, why??

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There was apparently a substantial change to the database between versions so there's no easy way to open the old file in the new version. I don't recall if the old version can export JSON files but the new one can definitely import them.

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Upgraded to the new version, the new interface is great. My only issue is where the colour options are there are no colours. For any options. I can generate a random character and they are randomly coloured so its not that the gradient is missing. Is this a bug or am I just dumb?

EDIT; Nevermind I am dumb, solved it myself. Just made a new colour gradient and now things working.

Attachments

Last edited:

CardeMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok, there was supposed to be a error report, but i solved the problem and figured that i'm dumb, but i don't know how to delete a post, so i'm editing it

Last edited:

WaterGoddess

The Tides Tell Me Things
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First post ever. I've just wanted to share some silly gradient resources I made. You can import these and get some really unique character colors and clothing. Look at my absolute mess of a test guy here:
Test Dude.png
Test DudeFace.png
There's loads of colors to mess with. Some work well, some don't, but there's a lot of extra colors to pick should you wish to make a fanciful OC DO NOT STEAL person for your games.:kaopride:

Thank you for this tool, Schlangan. I am able to make my characters how I want them thanks to this.

Attachments

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If anyone ever have any doubt of the capabilities of this generator, here are some samples of some of the characters in my game. Notice the differences in skin tones, hair color, ears, eyes, positioning of beards, nose and eyes to properly balance the facial features.

chars.jpg

Each character that you can speak with have 4 expressions: bland, happy, upset, surprised. Each expression also has blinking eyes. For instance, this is our main protagonist:

warrior.jpg

And finally, each of the 4 playable characters have customized armor: 4 different type of armors, 4 type of hats, and most of them can also wield 2 or 4 different type of shield. I didn't like the paperdoll plugins available, so I went up the high road and made the some 500 SV and 500 TV actor sheets.

war1.jpg
war2.jpg

All of this would have been doable with the standard RPGM character generator, but it would have taken me months. With this Extended Generator, it only took me days.

I cannot thank @Schlangan enough for making this tool!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi