RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.68 - Update on the 10th April 2021

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm trying to import my 0.10 resources to the Advanced mode so I can try to export them as a database ou RXGE file to the new generator, but it keeps giving me errors. I also can't seem to understand the way the folders have to be organized in order to import them as a RPG Maker folder to the new generator. The tutorial information hasn't made it very clear about folder importation.
I have imported a lot of stuff to the 0.10 generator, many of which are edits, so if I can't pass them onto the most recent version, I'd rather keep using the old version.
Sorry for disturbing. Thank you for your attention.

I don't think RXGE is still supported, the tool moved to RXGE2 a while ago.

Folder structure has to be like this below for the generator to recognize it, and each subfolder have to have female and male:

Face
-Female
-Male

SV
-Female
-Male

TD
-Female
-Male

TVD
-Female
-Male

Variation
-Female
-Male

Phantasmagoric

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Face
-Female
-Male

SV
-Female
-Male

TD
-Female
-Male

TVD
-Female
-Male

Variation
-Female
-Male
Weird, I've tried formatting it like that, but it didn't work... also having the index out of bounds error when importing a folder on 0.10. Has this been resolved?

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Phantasmagoric

I found that creating empty folders and then dumping the files in each proper subfolder yielded much better results when trying to import with the generator. Sometimes, the generator would not recognize the folders if they were previously made. I have attached my empty folder. Try unzipping that and then dropping your files in the proper subfolders. that should work.

No clue about index out of bound, did not get that error. Sorry.

Attachments

• EMPTY.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 20

Phantasmagoric

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Phantasmagoric

I found that creating empty folders and then dumping the files in each proper subfolder yielded much better results when trying to import with the generator. Sometimes, the generator would not recognize the folders if they were previously made. I have attached my empty folder. Try unzipping that and then dropping your files in the proper subfolders. that should work.

No clue about index out of bound, did not get that error. Sorry.

Thanks, I'll try it

Asthyax

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is an excellent contribution, Thank you: D
However, I wanted to add, you see, I used the old generator (Alpha) and I have the configuration of my characters saved in the extension files of that version. I try to open them with this new one and it can't be done. I'm going to lose everything I've done :(
Could you backward so that the new generator can read the files and extensions from the old generator?

Keeby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will this program allow me to make my character fully nude? I created a character in MZ, and when I tried to create a version of her nude, she was wearing a bra and underwear. I need a fully nude version of the walking, damage, and battler adult female for a specific dungeon in my project. I tried creating a thread in the resources section, but it was not approved . . . which doesn't bode well for me uploading my project here, considering it's far from 13+.

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will this program allow me to make my character fully nude? I created a character in MZ, and when I tried to create a version of her nude, she was wearing a bra and underwear. I need a fully nude version of the walking, damage, and battler adult female for a specific dungeon in my project. I tried creating a thread in the resources section, but it was not approved . . . which doesn't bode well for me uploading my project here, considering it's far from 13+.
The application doesn't come with resources, it uses already existing ones.
All the official resources use character models with underwear so the short answer to the question would be "no, it won't allow you to do it".

You can just edit the templates in Paint.NET or Google for custom templates, someone might have made something like what you're looking for.

KeitaNeko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/fuzzydemon-mv-generator-parts.47336/ has both male and female nude sprites. You can start from there. Even if you're not making a eroge game or anything like that, they're quite useful for a base model, especially since the Extended Generator allows clothing layering. Make sure to give them credit!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Fixed the problem; it seems the importer doesn't like importing from a different physical drive to the drive that the Generator folder is on. I moved the tool to the same drive and now it's fine. Odd, but I can live with it.

=====

Hey, had a look through the last couple pages and couldn't see this so thought I'd ask - has anyone observed this error?

1609107843413.png

This is when doing the initial import, after running the program for the first time. The folder name/path are definitely correct.

EDIT: This was in v0.66 if that helps.

FURTHER EDIT: Here's the log:

Code:
27/12/2020 22:29:19 Unhandled Exception
27/12/2020 22:29:19 ..... Version: 0.66
27/12/2020 22:29:19 ..... Message: A generic error occurred in GDI+.
27/12/2020 22:29:19 ..... HResult: 80004005
27/12/2020 22:29:19 ..... Source: System.Drawing
27/12/2020 22:29:19 ..... Stack Trace:
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)
   at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.genDatabase.ImportMVFolder(String path, ProgressBar pbar, Label lbl)
   at RPG_Maker_Extended_Generator.frmImportMV.btnBeginImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited:

jan_Meta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 159409
When you go into Manually Edit Resources you can use the assets already there as a guide to what goes where. And you'll see the messages at the bottom of things the generator is warning you about.

View attachment 159411The easier setups will have a folder format like above where you can match up FG to the face folder etc.
View attachment 159414

Here I've dragged the SV files from the folder in Explorer up to the upper right area and need to change the layer in that drop down on the right. Notice the file names SV_Glasses_p06 is the Regular file and SV_Glasses_p06_c is the mask file - that "c" is how it knows the mask file so as long as the names match it does that automatically.
View attachment 159415
The icon file is found in the Variation folder if that exists but you can see that its name starts with Icon and you just drag it up into that little box for the Icon.

Once you get used to it you can actually just build the stuff from here by doing New like I did there. Big thing to remember is to select the proper Part from the dropdown on the left side near the Icon box BEFORE you start dragging the files up into the files window to make sure it knows what part. Also it greatly helps to have the Tags set properly so the part can be found when you're using the generator. Depending on what part you're dealing with you might need to select the Mask Color on the right to match up like selecting Skin Color for a face part etc...

In the Files section you can rearrange by using the arrows on the side of the box and that X at the bottom right of the Files box lets you remove a file you accidentally placed in there.

If you can't Apply and Close look in the bottom messages area for something in red as that's an item it can't save until you correct it.

I have a number of warnings in there right now because those items don't have mask files but they're not setup to be able to have the colors changed. I tinkered with making a mask file for one of them but changing the color didn't turn out so great anyhow :)

So experiment and have fun. Worst case you'll find a bug and have to let Schlangan know.
I've broken things enough times now I'm getting pretty good at starting from scratch and totally rebuilding the database in there :)

Hey, thanks for the super guide! This was exactly what I was looking for and it will solve my problem. I'm just curious why I was getting the problem in the first place though.

When I tried to import my generator parts into the MV generator, it correctly matched the icons to the parts; however, when I tried it with this extended generator, it did not. The naming was wrong for both generators, but, despite this, the MV generator matched the icons correctly anyway. Do you know why that might have happened?

Anyway, using your method to manually match icons and parts is not very difficult. It's certainly easier than manually renaming thousands of files (which was apparently the norm before this software??). Thank you and thanks to Schlangan too! PS - this software is much easier than your guide would make it seem, good job with the UI :)

Shadouken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys,

first off let me wish you all a Happy New Year and all the very best for this 2021. :cool::LZSlol:

I am new to the forum and I'm having issues with the Extended Generator 0.66 (latest version).
- There is no "Advanced" mode.
- There is no "File --> Manage Resources --> Add Resources" option.
- When installing the "Mohat MV Generator Pack 1", there is no import/add resources option which recognizes the .rxge that come with the pack and are to be imported according to the readme file of the pack.
- All of the above is required according to the readme file so I don't know how to continue.

Could someone help me out?
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Shadouken

jan_Meta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys,

first off let me wish you all a Happy New Year and all the very best for this 2021. :cool::LZSlol:

I am new to the forum and I'm having issues with the Extended Generator 0.66 (latest version).
- There is no "Advanced" mode.
- There is no "File --> Manage Resources --> Add Resources" option.
- When installing the "Mohat MV Generator Pack 1", there is no import/add resources option which recognizes the .rxge that come with the pack and are to be imported according to the readme file of the pack.
- All of the above is required according to the readme file so I don't know how to continue.

Could someone help me out?
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Shadouken
Hey friend, Happy New Year :D

To open Mohat MV Generator Pack 1 (which is really good by the way! Thanks for bringing it to my attention), do the following on v.0.66
1. Resources -> Import Resources from RPG Maker-like folder
2. Then, on File Explorer, go to Mohat MV Generator Pack1 -> MV Generator manual install -> Generator
3. At the top, on the search bar thing (not in the main part of the screen), right click "Generator" and select "copy address"
4. Go back to RXGE and right click where it says folder and select paste
5. Fill out the prefix, tag, and author fields
6. Select Begin Importation

Mine imported without a problem. Hope this helps~

ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello lovely people ... would i be able to make it in a way that the rear and front hair to be diffrent colors

Shadouken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey friend, Happy New Year :D

To open Mohat MV Generator Pack 1 (which is really good by the way! Thanks for bringing it to my attention), do the following on v.0.66
1. Resources -> Import Resources from RPG Maker-like folder
2. Then, on File Explorer, go to Mohat MV Generator Pack1 -> MV Generator manual install -> Generator
3. At the top, on the search bar thing (not in the main part of the screen), right click "Generator" and select "copy address"
4. Go back to RXGE and right click where it says folder and select paste
5. Fill out the prefix, tag, and author fields
6. Select Begin Importation

Mine imported without a problem. Hope this helps~

Hey mate,

thanks for the good wishes and the super-fast reply.
I actually figured it out the hard way. I manually copied all of the files inside the pack to the corresponding Generator folders. Talk about starting the new year the hard way :dizzy:

Anyway, thanks for the effort.
Cheeers!

ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello lovely people ... would i be able to make it in a way that the rear and front hair to be diffrent colors

I found out how to do it , please if there is an easier way let me know.
I had to change the name of the gradient color type from hair to Rear Hair
then add another one called front hair.
after that I went to masks and added a Hair color mask called front hair,
then I went to manually edit resources! and manually change the color mask from all the front hairs from hair color 1 to front hair!.... that worked ... if someone knows of an easier way i'm all ears!!!

FlipFlop

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found out how to do it , please if there is an easier way let me know.
I had to change the name of the gradient color type from hair to Rear Hair
then add another one called front hair.
after that I went to masks and added a Hair color mask called front hair,
then I went to manually edit resources! and manually change the color mask from all the front hairs from hair color 1 to front hair!.... that worked ... if someone knows of an easier way i'm all ears!!!

Thank you! I was searching for how to fix this.

Areiliu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everybody.

As we know, RPG Maker MV brought in a nice character editor, also available in RPG Maker MZ. However, adding new assets is somewhat challenging if you don't know exactly how the numbering of items is made. Even by knowing it, it is annoying to deal with a specific naming of files in order to make sure to not mess up everything. Also, there is no option for the addition of new colors, only gimmicks to replace the current gradients.

After thinking about it for a while, and seeing as no specific project has been achieved on this topic yet, I decided to give it a go. I'm currently coding an extended version of the character generator, currently for Microsoft Windows operating system though. The generator has been revamped, but as usual, bugs may exist. I'm counting on you guys to find them so I can fix that as soon as possible :)

View attachment 153738
Screen capture of v0.55

The editor behaves like the current MV/MZ editor, with the following additions:
- The software will help you import all your current assets from your RPG Maker MV/RPG Maker MZ folder
- You can import resource packages (RXGE2) files from resources creators who use the generator
- You can manually add new resources without having to think about the default generator naming conventions
- You can add more "categories" and "parts", for example, Accessories 3, something different than Male/Female/Kid
- You can add new templates for resources who do not match the dimensions of RPG Maker MV/MZ default resources
- You can redefine the drawing order of elements over others (by default the current MV/MZ generator priorities will be set)
- All gradients can be used for any item, and you'll be able to add new, whether by importation or by generation
- You can add many elements of the same part (ex. two accessories A) and use any category (Male, Female, ...) on the same character
- You can move the elements by a few pixels to create different faces
- You can easily see who to credit through the importation of resources
- You can create/add character sets, which are partial characters
- Better randomization of characters with rules

Tutorials are directly accessible from my website :
- Access to the website here
- Direct link to tutorials

Download Link: Version 0.66

- The link points to a zip file in which the executable is. I didn't create an installer yet, but the file should be readable by most people on windows operating systems already. If it won't, try to install .Net Framework 4.5+
- Antiviruses hate standalone files; yours may complain when trying to launch the generator.
- Download Link

You want to follow what is being developed and give suggestions elsewhere than this forum? Here is a discord link: https://discord.gg/ZV4WHB5

Known bugs :
- None for now

Changelog - Version 0.66 (2020, September, 8th)
  • Fix: When importing resources from RPG Maker like folders from a database setup for MZ, a crash occurred due to the hidden key names of mask colors.
  • New: When exporting character pictures, the path for each template is saved. After your first export, you don't need to change folders every time anymore.
  • New: Zoom level 150% added. Buttons + and - for zoom level.
  • New: Duplication of gradient colors
  • New: Custom colors in the color selection window are saved as long as the software remains open
  • New: Button to add subdivisions to the gradient data

Older versions :
0.65 (2020, September, 3rd)
  • Addition: Gradients can be imported/exported to a new file format, RXGG2. That one allows sharing your gradients and gradient categories, including generated gradients.
  • Fix: In case of errors in the RXGE2 files, the file can still be imported, skipping the erroneous parts.
0.64 (2020, August, 28th)
  • Addition: The generator now tries to guess if the file names have missing/exceeding capitals letters when importing a MV-like folder.

0.62 (2020, August, 20th)
  • New: Possibility to import RPG Maker MZ resources, like MV (including the gradient files)
  • New: Possibility to import a RPG Maker MZ Character JSON File
  • Addition: Categories can be moved up and down in the database window
  • Addition: When clicking "New category" or "New part", the textbox becomes automatically selected

0.61 (2020, August, 17th)
  • Fix: Generated gradient colors were partially saved; changing only slider positions wasn't considered as a modification of the gradient.
  • Fix: The save dialog was appearing twice if you chose Yes for save but clicked Cancel thereafter.

0.60 (2020, August, 14th)
  • Fix: Safety to prevent the user from adding two identical gradients to the same color category.
  • Addition: Menu to completely erase the database, so you don't have to do it manually.
  • Addition: Ability to import the database and resources from the old 0.10 version.

0.59 (2020, August, 12th)
  • Fix: Correction for MV default resources importations to be able to deal with DLCs with bad filenames too.
  • Change: Attempt at signing the executable files so the antiviruses will have fewer complaints against the generator.

0.58 (2020, August, 11th)
  • Fix: Index out of range error when importing a MV-like folder with mismatched names
  • Fix: Better analysis of the filenames of the MV-like folders if additional underscores are in the names.

0.57 (2020, August, 3rd)
  • Addition: Comeback of the importation of MV-like folders
  • Fix: Index out of bounds when removing a resource
  • Fix: Browse button not working in the import MV resources window.

0.55 (2020, August, 2nd)
  • Change: Rework of the main UI
  • Change: Rework of the database windows
  • Change: Rework of the way the database works
  • Addition: Resources now have tags for filters on the main window
  • Addition: A resource can have several categories/authors
  • Addition: Categories for colors
  • Addition: Undo/Redo
  • Addition: Character sets
  • Addition: Randomization rules
  • Addition: Recent files
  • Addition: Gradient parameterization
  • Addition: RPG Maker MV JSON character importation
  • Fix: Export window snap points
  • Fix: Index out of bounds
  • Fix: Dead files remaining in folders
  • Fix: Many other crashes

Alpha 0.10 - 7th September 2019
- Fix : Changing icons for resource was crashing the editor instead of properly saving the change
- Fix : Removing pictures for templates was crashing the editor and corrupting the data file if one of the mask color was to be removed due to the suppression
- Addition : Filters are now remembered in the managing resource section (advanced mode) as long as the window is kept opened
- Addition : Select All and Select None buttons for categories / parts / authors in the managing resource section (advanced mode)

Alpha 0.09 - 4th January 2018
- Addition : Once a character has been saved/open, the Save character menu (shortcut CTRL+S) will overwrite the file. The Save character as menu still exists.
- Addition : If a character is not saved, a confirmation is asked before opening another character, creating a new character and closing the software.
- Fix : While using randomize, the same series of random characters won't appear anymore after a restart of the software.

Alpha 0.08a - 24th August 2017
- Fix : The generator won't try to summon an obsolete form window when importing default MV resources, the error will disappear.
- Fix : The generator will try to skip picture files that do not belong to the normal MV naming convention in the generator folder.

Alpha 0.08 - 7th August 2017
- Addition : Modes for the generator, MV and advanced. Advanced corresponds to all what available before, while MV only possesses the default MV templates and far less options for an easier use.
- Addition : The resource list panel can be resized vertically to display more resources if necessary.
- Addition : The generator window will now remember its size and position, as well as the size of the left and top panels.
- Fix : RPG Maker MV default ears resources are now properly imported, but will require a complete reimportation of the resources.

Alpha 0.07a - 28th December 2016
- Fix : If the importation failed, the generator will only display as mission icon the erroneous files. The crash is avoided until a better solution is found.

Alpha 0.07 - 26th November 2016
- Addition : Resources can now be edited : changing/adding/removing pictures/mask colors. It can be used to add pictures to existing resources for new templates.
- Addition : Kid resources can now be imported from the default MV generator folder.
- Addition : When importing a MV-like resource folder, you can also import new template resources if their folder name is the key of your template.
- Addition : When importing a MV-like resource folder, new template resources will merge with existing resources. (It also works with RPG maker default resources provided that the importation name is "Generator" or "Kadokawa".
- Addition : New option for managing templates : you can now rename them, change their parts and drawing orders. You can also move them, while being protected from overlap.
- Change : The default RPG resources will now have the prefix "Kadokawa" when being imported.
- Fix : The switch from one textbox to another with the Tab key during resource addition is now properly fixed.
- Fix : The generator won't crash anymore if there are no resources in for a Part.
- Fix : The Replace button will not be enabled anymore if the character is empty.
- Fix : When deleting resources, the files in the Resource folder are now properly deleted.
- Fix : The About window won't crash anymore if it is opened several times in a row.
- Fix : Position errors while exporting pictures with a small windows size have been removed.
- Fix : Added safety checks to prevent crashing while importing MV's folder, if somthing has been altered. Wrongly named files/folders will now be skipped.

Alpha 0.06b / Alpha 0.06c - 31st August 2016
- Fix : When adding resources for only template with Mask color IDs, the software won't crash anymore when trying to use those resources on a new character.
- Fix : Selecting a blank mask id won't make the software crash anymore either.

Alpha 0.06a - 30th August 2016
- Fix : The default MV resource import window made the software crash if RPG Maker MV was not installed on the computer.

Alpha 0.06 - 29th August 2016
- Change : Modification of the main window interface. Now, the left panel displays character details while the right panel is used to select parts and preview the window
- Addition : The main window contents can be resized in two panels. One panel for character details, one panel for picture view.
- Change : You now add elements by double-clicking or pressing the "Add" button. You can replace them by right-clicking or pressing the "Replace" button.
- Change : To remove an element, select it in thre TreeView, then right click on it.
- Addition : A zoom function has been added, allowing the following scaling : 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 200%, 400%, 800%
- Addition : The main window has now a "See credits" button to list the credits for the current character, from the used parts.
- Addition : One character can now possess many elements of the same part (ex: several Accessories A) and elements from other categories (ex: Male and Female elements)
- Addition : You can now shift all elements by a few pixels in order to make changes to the initial positions.
- Addition : Random generation of characters. Body, Face, Eyes, Nose, Mouth and Ears always appear, while other elements have 50% of chance to be blank.
- Change : Removal of the "Manage assets" window as it was known before. It has been replaced by a new window : Manage Assets wizard.
- Change : The many "Update" buttons have been removed, you won't have to bother with them anymore.
- Addition : The assets management window can now be resized.
- Addition : Templates have a new property : "Elements per sheet". This will allow to export many elements of the same file, for example like MV's charsets (4x2 charsets on a single picture)
- Change : You won't hear about "Priorities" anymore but simply "Drawing Order" for a better understanding.
- Addition : Mask colors now have names, which makes importation of resources easier
- Addition : Mask colors have now the new option "Apply everywhere". If yes, changing the color will affect all other elements with the same mask. For example, the skin or eyes color.
- Addition : You can now reorder the gradients color as you wish, as well as deleting several of them at once.
- Addition : You can now create new gradients color directly from the Manage Assets wizard.
- Change : When importing a new gradient file, duplicate gradients are not added anymore.
- Change : When importing a folder, you can directly type the folder path
- Addition : When opening the default MV generator importer, the software automatically looks for RPG Maker MV's generator folder from the registry
- Addition : Resources now have a "Credits" value. You'll be able to keep track of whose parts you have used in your character.
- Addition : You can now delete/reorder many resources at the same time, and filters have been added to the resource window
I'm a pretty big noob in rpgmaker, but in the extended generator my character's faces don't show on the body and there's just an empty space where their face should be in game. Can anyone help?genpc.png

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In this generator, you need to add a "body" element too.

sibrider

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You are the best ! Your software will make my life so much easier. Thank you for your work and sorry for my English, I'm French :rolleyes:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siegharthh