RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.68 - Update on the 10th April 2021

Anthrenz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if I missed something, but I can't click "Apply and Close" after manually adding or removing some file/images.

I can import images, tho I need to create a "generator" folder first and sort the images to right categories first

Attachments

• 1617458645194.png
    1617458645194.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 18

LordAnno

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a weird clipping problem. These are all MZ ressources but the clothings don't seem to match the body. Even when I move the clothings or the body it wont fit and still looks weird.
1617753647252.png

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys;
For some reason the forum didn't send me any notification about your replies here; hence, I missed all your messages for a month. Sorry about that.

UPDATE - Version 0.68

Second fix of the 144x144 vs 160x160 pictures issue.

@jinrey : as of now, old sets cannot be imported anymore. Hiddenone should however have provided the resources in a folder-like format, you can import that in the meantime.

@sailorduck77 : on the website in my signature, you've got tutorials about the generator. However the UI should not be messed up, please post a screen capture of how it looks on your computer.

@SilverZayev : You can import any resources, but for VXAce you need to reconfigure everything as the templates are not the same dimensions. But you can.

@Anthrenz : If you can't Apply & Close, it means there is a red warning in the list of warnings. You must get rid of the red issues first.

@LordAnno, @Marcan : This issue should now be fixed. As for zoom and rotations, I'm considering them, not sure on when I'll get some time to add theme.

LordAnno

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, the error is still there. But at your downloads on page 1 it still says 0.67 so I don't know if this is still the old version. I think it is the newest version though because the popup message that I should update the generator doesn't show up anymore.
1618060083928.png

I am using RPG Maker MZ btw. if that helps

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I changed another issue at the same time; which is now fixed. Version 0.68a.

EDIT : For some reason the zip is still in version 0.68; I'll fix that tomorrow

Last edited:

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Schlangan I have .net framework but it still won't open for me any tips?

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally have access to all DLC packs and have compiled a list of problems when importing them, as well as what to do to resolve them.

Tested:
  • Add-on Vol.4: Kid Generator Parts
  • Another World Heroine Generator
  • Beast Man Generator
  • Fantasy FaceGen Vol.1
  • Heroine Character Generator
  • Heroine Character Generator 2
  • Heroine Character Generator 3
  • Heroine Character Generator 4
  • Heroine Character Generator 5
  • Heroine Character Generator 6
  • Heroine Character Generator 7 [MV]
  • Heroine Character Generator 8
  • Japanese Character Generator Expansion 1
  • Japanese Character Generator Expansion 2
  • Japanese Character Generator Expansion 3
  • Modern Generator
  • Zombie Man Generator

Delete files:
SV\Kid\SV_FrontHair1_p03
SV\Kid\SV_FrontHair1_p03_c

Manually import icon for Body_p01 (Kid)

Rename -> "_4.png" to "_c4.png"
Face\Male\FG_AccB_p80013_4.png

Rename -> remove "_Ears"
Face\Male\FG_BeastEars_Ears_p80001_c1_m006
Face\Male\FG_BeastEars_Ears_p80002_c1_m006
Face\Male\FG_BeastEars_Ears_p80003_c1_m006
Face\Male\FG_BeastEars_Ears_p80004_c1_m006
Face\Male\FG_BeastEars_Ears_p80005_c1_m006

Rename -> "body" to "Body"
Body\Leo\SV_body_p01
Body\Leo\SV_body_p01_c1
Body\Leo\TV_body_p01
Body\Leo\TV_body_p01_c1
Body\Lizardman\SV_body_p01
Body\Lizardman\SV_body_p01_c1
Body\Lizardman\TV_body_p01
Body\Lizardman\TV_body_p01_c1
Body\Werewolf\SV_body_p01
Body\Werewolf\SV_body_p01_c1
Body\Werewolf\TV_body_p01
Body\Werewolf\TV_body_p01_c1

Body importing requires extra files from RPG Maker's built-in generator.
Manually import icon for Body_p01 (Leo, Lizardmand, Warewolf)

Delete:
TV\TVD_Body_p01
TV\TVD_Body_p01_c
TV\TVD_Clothing_p00
TV\TVD_Clothing_p00_c
TV\TVD_FrontHair_p00
TV\TVD_FrontHair_p00_c
TV\TVD_RearHair_p00
TV\TVD_RearHair_p00_c

Manually import icon for Body_p01 (Male and Kid)

Body importing requires extra files from RPG Maker's built-in generator. (Female)

Rename -> remove extra "BeastEars_":
face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80006_c1_m006
face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80006_c2.png
face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80007_c1_m006.png
face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80007_c2.png
Variation\Female\icon_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80006.png
Variation\Female\icon_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80007.png

Body importing requires extra files from RPG Maker's built-in generator. (Female)

Rename -> "ACCB" to "AccB":
face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80031_c1_m016.png
face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80031_c2_m017.png
face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80031_c3_m018.png
face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80032_c1_m016.png
face\Female\FG_ACCB_p80032_c2.png
SV\Female\SV_ACCB_p80032.png
SV\Female\SV_ACCB_p80032_c.png
TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80031.png
TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80031_c.png
TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80032.png
TV\Female\TV_ACCB_p80032_c.png
Variation\Female\icon_ACCB_p80031.png
Variation\Female\icon_ACCB_p80032.png

face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80008_c1_m006
face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80008_c2

Delete:
TV\Female\TV_RearHair2_p8002.png

Rename -> to "Cloak1"
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80001
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80001_c
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80002
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80002_c
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80003
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80003_c
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80004
TV\Female\TV_Cloak_p80004_c

Delete:
TV\Female\TV_Wing_p80005_c.png
TV\Female\TV_Wing_p80006_c.png

face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80009_c1_m006
face\Female\FG_BeastEars_BeastEars_p80009_c2

Delete:
Face\Female\FG_Beard_p70_c1_m003

Delete:
SV\Male\SV_Glasses_p07.png
SV\Male\SV_Glasses_p07_c.png
SV\Female\SV_Glasses_p08.png
SV\Female\SV_Glasses_p08_c.png
TVD\Male\TVD_Glasses_p07.png
TVD\Male\TVD_Glasses_p07_c.png
TVD\Female\TVD_Glasses_p08.png
TVD\Female\TVD_Glasses_p08_c.png

Manually import icon for Body_p01 (Male and Female)

Manually import icon for Body_p01 (Male)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  1. The body included in Heroine Character Generator 3 and Heroine Character Generator 4 is the same, if both DLCs are present, one of the body files can be safely deleted.
  2. When importing DLCs with bodies included, you will most likely need the "FG_Body_p01_c1_m001" file from the stock RPG Maker MV DLC as none of the DLCs include the neck-part as part of the body...and the result is...you get my point.
  3. No body icons are included with any DLC (since stock generator doesn't support bodies?), but the Extended Generator includes 3 icons built-in with "M", "F" and "K" that fit perfectly for the bodies, after importing, manually edit the body resources and select them from the "Resources\Icons\" folder in the Extended Generator folder.
  4. When you see "Delete" that means that the item is either incomplete, duplicate or in an overall unusable state so importing the files is pointless.
  5. If a DLC is not specifically named in the spoiler list above, that means it works perfectly as it is out of the box with no need for changes.

EDIT: today I also went through hiddenone's generator parts and...I have to say it as honestly as I can - importing those is a nightmare (some items lacked a face/body parts and ALL icons along with some other individual files have to be manually renamed for the generator import to recognize them, took me several hours to do).

EDIT 2: decided to spend some time to resolve the import issues around hiddenone's pack. I posted a re-packed version ready for importing in the Extended Generator here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...resource-warehouse.47255/page-56#post-1187734

Last edited:

DarkFrost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just want to give my thanks for this tool. It let me make some really interesting character designs like these form changes for some of my characters:

Attachments

• Requiem Forms.gif
    Requiem Forms.gif
    467.3 KB · Views: 31

auradev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just wanted to say thank you for the great tool! I had huge problems mixing MV and MZ generators parts. But here it looks like everyhing worked out and I was able to mix the maid costumes/accessories for both together.

KravenarGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
All cool, tried to change hair color after importing MV parts... not found where to change it.
That should be made in realtime, not with mask\things\etc like the original one. Otherwise is a loss of time\useless.

Edit: After clicking randomly everywhere they popped up. What a mess.

Edit2: Yeah, after messing up a little, when this result came up, I just deleted it.
Back to Photoshop.

Attachments

• 123.PNG
    123.PNG
    377.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

LMPGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:o I already loved the old version but jesus, newest version is crazy. Nice job and thank you for all of your work!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey for some reason gradients aren't showing up as options. When I randomize the character the colors will be different but when I make a character I can only select the default(the white box with a red stripe through)

KnittedKiisa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello.... I can't change the colors, can someone please help me?

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ditto, can't seem to change the colors for anything. same red slash icon as above for everything. under colors for each item right or left clicking has no effect either. (dunno if it's supposed to but either way no gradients or colors showing up and can't find a way to edit them.)

rad.noire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Schlangan hey, i don't know if it a bug or not, but it really devastating, all item in the database of the generator were wiped out after some kind of error (about "the item already exist" if i remembered correctly). the resources are still there (in Resources folder) but the database and all the list of item in generator are gone. i tried to look into the log on Logs folder but there is no log at all. i mean it like everything were back to fresh copy except for the Resources folder.

Last edited:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And for me... When I import pack from @hiddenone for some reason icons are skipped...
2021-08-05 22_00_48-RPG Maker Extended Generator - New character (unsaved).png

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, then can you explain me how the hell set icons names to avoid in future similar problems?

CrisR82

Lord of the Pandas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, then can you explain me how the hell set icons names to avoid in future similar problems?

Sure, or at least I'll try to: basically you will need to pay attention to the folder structure, files present and file names. I'll separate it into 3 sections depending on how familiar you are with the generator's functionality.

First things first -> The structure is a main folder, for simplicity's sake, let's call it "Generator". Inside, you will (depending on the resources) have up to 7 subfolders:
Face -> Contains the assets that will show up in the character portrait. Depending on the material imported, some outfits might include components in this folder too, though generally it's head-parts related.
SV -> Includes all files relating to the side-view battler.
TV -> contains the 4-directional walking sprite you see on the maps in-game.
TVD -> contains the "down" sprites (fallen/killed or whatever would be appropriate I guess)
Variation -> contains the actual icon the generator will show in its menus.
Inside each of these folders, there will be at least one (or all) of the following subfolders: Male, Female, Kid

This results in the folder structure for each resource being (for example)
Generator\SV\Female\<file>.png

Now the second part -> file naming. Every folder I mentioned before will contain files with a prefix, part name and one or more suffixes.
Also excluding the "Face" folder, the rest contain mask files (which always have the same name as the main file but also include the specific suffix _c).
Face -> contains the prefix FG_ and suffix similar to _c1 / _c2 (those indicate the layer in which they will be shown in the generator) and usually a second suffix similar to _m003 / _m007 - those indicate the color box that will affect them, 003 being the hair color box for example (a quick way to see what number is what color is to open the "Manually Edit Resources" menu in the generator and count the mask colors from top to bottom skipping the "none" option).
SV -> contains prefix SV_
TV
-> contains the prefix TV_
TVD
-> contains the prefix TVD_
Variation
-> contains the prefix icon_ (note: no mask files in this folder)

If your file name is missing a prefix, suffix, has a misspelled name or one of the files is missing, this will lead to the import either failing or you will not be able to generate a proper character with it due to the missing parts.

Lastly, what happened with hiddenone's pack that I fixed -> honestly, it's a combination of the last thing I mentioned - mistyped file names and some items (2 specifically) missing key parts. Since the pack is huge, it took a pretty long time to fix manually, but I will share with you how I do it and some tips to make sure everything works if you ever need it:

I start with 3 folders:
1 - @hiddenone 's resources folder
2 - a new empty folder with 3 sub-folders: Male, Female, Kid
3 - a new empty generator structure folder (like mentioned in the first part of this post)

Now, I go folder-by-folder in @hiddenone 's pack and manually mode each item to a new folder in #2 based on the gender. So if the item was called "SV_AccA_p600", I create a folder "AccA_p600" and every time I come across files with that name for the same gender - all files go in there.
Once you're done manually moving things and @hiddenone 's folder is empty, the subfolders in #2 should have a whole bunch of sub-folders in them, each with several files -> now you open each folder and check if the file names are correctly written (prefix, item name, suffix, mask). Next you open the files and see if all components are included (for example, missing head part for a hooded outfit) -> if everything looks good, move on. If anything is missing -> tag the folder (I like putting [revise] in front to push it on top of the list in Windows).
Once you're done checking, if you didn't tag anything -> start moving the files in #3 (you can enter #2 -> Female and then use Windows search to find all files with a prefix FG_ and move them at once in Face\Female instead of going one-by-one in each sub-folder).
However if you DID tag anything as incomplete -> check to see if maybe the missing files are in another incomplete folder, maybe the author wrote "Eyes_0007" and then "Eyes_007" by mistake later. If the files showed up - great, if not - chose if you want them or discard them (I personally don't like incomplete things in my generator).
Once you're done with this, you should have a 100% ready to mass import generator folder.

As you can imagine, for a pack of this size it can be a nightmare without proper organization, which is why I specifically asked for permission to post the re-compiled version where everything is ready to go for others.

One thing I should specifically point out that COULD save you time depending on your approach - once again in the "Manually Edit Resources" menu in @Schlangan 's generator - look on the very bottom of the window - there will be a specific error if a resource is missing an icon, mask or is not aligned to a correct color mask. If you see any messages, use the filters on the upper-right and that way you can easily locate the broken thing and either manually add an icon by clicking in the icon window (for example) or make any change needed.

Lastly, there are some things you will NOT be able to import that easily - body parts. @hiddenone 's pack has a very interesting solution - they were made into facial masks instead, which works great compared to how KADOKAWA does it for the default generator but here is the thing - it's great for the DEFAULT GENERATOR. This one actually supports body types so I actually edited the files to and their mask files (the color of the mask file color is not random, it actually tells the generator what color option to use) to make them a body type resource. This is more complicated to explain, let me know if you actually want info on it and I'll make a separate post about it.

This IS a bit long and I might have made it seem more complicated than it really is but trust me, it's super easy, just very time consuming (a video might make it easier to understand but can't spare time to make one right now). Feel free to let me know if you have any specific question, I'll try to help out if I can.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirbyslasher