RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.68 - Update on the 10th April 2021

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
Hi there ! I noticed that wings and tails do not have color management .

so while you are coding for color stuff :p  

Thank you  so much by the way :D  

CupcakeDreamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is this still being worked on? I would like to see the window sizable and scroll bars show up if the templates don't all fit. Please.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should be quite easy to do; I'll work on it once I find a bit of time.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - version Alpha 0.04

Here comes a new update, with the following changes:

- @Archeia : I fixed the coloring of the editor. You should now notice a behavior very close to that of MV.

- @CupcakeDreamer : The main window is now resizable, and scrollbars have appeared for new templates.

- @Zanshoo : The wings and tails can now be properly imported from MV's default resources, and can be colored.

- New import of the colors; you can now add a gradient file working exactly the same way as MV's generator. But you can add as many gradient as you want in this extended editor of course :)

The way mask colors are dealt with now changed. You should reimport all MV resources (which will include the resources from MV v1.1.). Else I fear that a bug will occur with a missing gradient file.

- Download LInk (direct executable)

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
Hi ! reaaaaally goooood work ! 

There is something really frustrating :  when you start a face and you realise that there is something wrong with the priorities,

you manage your asset to correct the problem and BAAAM The face you worked on as vanished ! 

Is it possible to make the program memorise the éléments put, so when you finished manage assets, you can resume your work on the face you were working on? 

Thanks a lot !!! 

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure, I'll try to implement this for later. 

CupcakeDreamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When adding and positioning templates. It doesn't properly update the preview to the right. And If you have added a new template the preview always calls it "New template" even if you have renamed and reloaded it.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE - version Alpha 0.04a

Small fix update, a single change:

- @CupcakeDreamer : The template preview is now properly updated. To change the name of a template, do not forget to click on the "Update template" button. The changes do not apply directly by typing into the tetxbox.

- Download LInk (direct executable)

Nocturnic

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can't really thank you enough, although one problem I have is that the eyes in the sprites don't get colored when you change eye color but I'm sure that'll be added later.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nocturnic : In fact, the eyes color in the sprites other than the facesets are body colors. If you look at the body color, you have two of them; the first color is the skin, the second color is for the eyes. For now you can color the eyes like this. Later, I plan to add an option to link colors of various parts, which will help t reproduce the default behavior.

Nocturnic

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Nocturnic : In fact, the eyes color in the sprites other than the facesets are body colors. If you look at the body color, you have two of them; the first color is the skin, the second color is for the eyes. For now you can color the eyes like this. Later, I plan to add an option to link colors of various parts, which will help t reproduce the default behavior.

Alright, thanks.

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have MV from Steam and if I try to import the default assest (clean folder and latest exe) I get a "Index out of Range" excpetion. There are some pictures on the resources folder now, but your program seems not to know that.

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.Form2.btnBeginImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
RPG Maker MV Extended Generator
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/RPG%20Maker%20MV/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Extended%20Generator/RPG_Maker_MV_Extended_Generator.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
    Win32-Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
Accessibility
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle Ausnahmefehler an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried again to import from Steam as I also use it, and got no problem. When does the exception happen ? After you close the importation window or before ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Before, right on the import process itself. I have selected the Generator folder and hit the import button. Then the import starts and short time later the exception pops up. The import wasn't finished at this time.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange. Did you add by yourself custom resources before ? If some are wrongly pasted in the generator folder, it might cause an issue. On the default resources only it works perfectly.

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Not as I know. I had a new V1.01 installation from steam, updated to 1.1 with Steam too. I haven't add any new/custom parts to the Generator as I remember.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Amazing generator!
The only thing is the hardness to add manual resource parts (i always got messy trying to add clotinhg parts, Clothing, Clothing2, etc).
Maybe if @Duce agrees to share some code from your importer tool...

...notably the organization/numbers rename thing, you can make something like "Import a entire generator parts folder at once" within the generator, without messing with the standard generator assets and making everyone's life easy.

And maybe adding a option to easy enable of one sex parts into another would be good, too.

Keep the awesome work going!

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Purzelkater : Strange, there is definitely something wrong going on, but I don't know what. I would need to have your generator folder to find out what is the problem. Can you upload it somewhere and send me the link using private messages ? 

@vico : It is quite difficult to add part by yourself indeed. However, due to all possibilities of priorities and so on, I don't see any other way. But keep in mind that the generator has also a function for an easy import/export of resources. If someone create resources and export them with the generator, you get a single file for all resources. Such file is then easy to import.

Edit : v0.04b released, fixing a bug in the importation if non png files were located in the generator folders.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus