BitPokit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This was posted in 2015?? Why am I just now seeing this?? :kaosigh:

Anyway, sorry for necro but this is amazing and just what I needed! Thank you so much! :LZSsmile:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This was posted in 2015?? Why am I just now seeing this?? :kaosigh:

Anyway, sorry for necro but this is amazing and just what I needed! Thank you so much! :LZSsmile:

Because you just decided to browse the forum deeper I guess. :)
I think this thread is an exception to the necroposting rule, so you are probably okay.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How can i add script calls that are missing?
I put it there and someone you will put in the list?
Or i make a comment on the list?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How can i add script calls that are missing?
I put it there and someone you will put in the list?
Or i make a comment on the list?
This discussion thread exists for a reason. Just post your suggestions here.

@Poryg
There is no way I will let anyone access my reference list.
This is also in no way any official documentation. This exists as an eventer's reference guide.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would i be able to use $gameActors.actor(actorId).exp > (InsertNumberHere) to check if an actors EXP is greater than a certain number?

I'd like to know if a shop using EXP is possible

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Oddball
It would be
$gameActors.actor(actorId).currentExp() > number
Besides that yeah.
If you want to use exp as a currency to by things from shops, there's a plugin for that.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Oddball
It would be
Besides that yeah.
If you want to use exp as a currency to by things from shops, there's a plugin for that.

It can also be done through events, which dont clash with any plugins

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oops, I should have put this here.
Is there a way to save the Evasion Rate of an actor in a variable?

I tried $gameActors.actor(1).xparam(1)
and actor.eva

but neither of them worked...

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jjleroy Both '$gameActors.actor(1).xparam(1)' and '$gameActors.actor(1).eva' will return the proper values. The problem is that $gameVariables.setValue() will perform 'Math.floor()' on each value that is being set. So, a 0.05 evasion rate will turn into 0 when floor'ed. Bypass the 'setValue' function and set the data directly : $gameVariables._data[variableId] = $gameActors.actor(1).eva.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know a script call for forcing an exit out of the main menu to the map? I think in VX there was a gotomap kind of command, but I don't see anything like that in this spreadsheet.

(I have a custom menu item made with YEP Common Event Menu & YEP Main Menu Manager, and neither of those have that kind of command either.)

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea You should be able to use 'SceneManager.pop()'. That should go back to the previous scene which should be the map, if you are in the menu system.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea You should be able to use 'SceneManager.pop()'. That should go back to the previous scene which should be the map, if you are in the menu system.
Hmm, that doesn't seem to be working. Forgive me, I'm still learning how to work with this kind of thing, do I just input:

SceneManager.pop();

in the script field, or do I need to do something extra? And does putting something in the brackets change the effect?

Thanks.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea Hmm, perhaps I am not understanding where you are putting the code. Are you calling a common event through the Main Menu Manager to create a Common Event Menu?

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ossra Yes, I'm using Main Menu Manager to call a common event menu created in YEP's Common Event Menu plugin.
Through this menu it calls a selection of text box messages, and by default, when the text box closes, the main menu opens up again. I'd like to stop it from re-opening the main menu after the text box. Ideally there'd just be a script call for 'close menu' in the same way that there's one for 'open menu'. Frustrating that there's not.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea Hmm, that is strange ... whenever I choose an option, the Common Event Menu closes to the map. I go into the menu, select my test command which opens up the Common Event Menu, and then I choose the option I entered there. The option is linked to an empty Common Event, so once it runs, the Common Event Menu closes to the map. Could you show some code, a screen shot, or some kind of example?

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ossra Ah, I figured out what was causing it, it was my fault. Thanks for the assistance!

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jjleroy Both '$gameActors.actor(1).xparam(1)' and '$gameActors.actor(1).eva' will return the proper values. The problem is that $gameVariables.setValue() will perform 'Math.floor()' on each value that is being set. So, a 0.05 evasion rate will turn into 0 when floor'ed. Bypass the 'setValue' function and set the data directly : $gameVariables._data[variableId] = $gameActors.actor(1).eva.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I would never have guessed!!!!!

Is there a way to change the evasion rate of an actor in a damage formula?
I tried target.eva += 0.5 but nothing happened...

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea Aah, not a problem!

@jjleroy By the time the damage formula is calculated, the hit has already landed on the target. So the evasion boost would not come into effect until the next hit.

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea Aah, not a problem!

@jjleroy By the time the damage formula is calculated, the hit has already landed on the target. So the evasion boost would not come into effect until the next hit.

I see, but is

target.eva = x

the right way to set the EVA rate for an actor?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questdubai001