MorsVictrix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I'm experiencing an issue with RPG Maker MV not showing taller doors in game. I bought and tried to use FSM DLC doors, but they just don't show their upper part in the game. I even tried copying the FSM sample game door event into my game map, and in the FSM sample game, the doors work, but in my they simply don't... Really wierd...

I also thought it might be a problem with some plugin, but even if I turn ALL my plugins off, the problem persists. The uppor part of the door just don't show in-game. I have no idea what the issue could be. :'(

EDIT: Why doesn't my post show attached screenshots of the event? Keeps saying ''Oops, we experienced a problem'.'

EDIT2: I'm sharing through Google drive, because I am unable to attach the images directly in my post for some strange reason.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it should work unless you name the file differently?

it should have $! in the start which shows 3x4 grid, if it doesn't,
it would read the 4x2 as character sheet (12 x 8).

if it does has teh $! on the start of the filename, than im not sure.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not showing taller doors in game.
please clarify:
in game or in editor?

The editor will always limit all event sprites to 48x48, because you need to be able to select and change the tiles around it.

In game sprites should be displayed full size, unless you made one of several possible mistakes.
One is mentioned above, another possibility is to have star-tiles above the event, hiding it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

I don't think this has anything to do with the $! in the filename.

Either you are just looking in the editor, where only the 48x48 portion will show, and it will show correctly when you test play, or the section that IS showing has a star passage setting in the tileset, which will cause it to be shown in front of any events occupying the same space. That particular tile should be set to X I believe.

MorsVictrix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for the support. I found the problem. 3 days ago my projects tilesets.json got corrupted and I didn't have any backup, so I had to again remake everything, including the passibility of all tiles.

When I was remaking everything, I made a mistake of putting a star on the top of every house enterance, so when I wanted to make a door, the top of the door wasn't showing because of this...

Anyway, the problem is fixed, so thank you all for your assistance. And sorry if I didn't post my question in the right forum. I'm new and learning as I go along.

Cheers.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3 days ago my projects tilesets.json got corrupted
what corrupted that file?
something like this doesn't happen randomly, and about half of the causes are either repeating or indications of much bigger problems.

NEVER ignore the reason for file corruption even if you have backups.

MorsVictrix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what corrupted that file?
something like this doesn't happen randomly, and about half of the causes are either repeating or indications of much bigger problems.

NEVER ignore the reason for file corruption even if you have backups.
I don't know why it happened. I didn't have any power outage or forced restart of system.

The computer is 8 months old, so I doubt there is something wrong with the disk, but it's still possible... either way, this is the only file corruption problem I have had thus far, so I'm hoping everything will be Ok.

I've also made a backup of the project files, but I really hope it's not the disk dying or something, because I have many important things on that drive...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you placed the project folder into a cloudsync, or have you allowed Microsoft to place your documents into OneDrive?
Because that is one of the most common causes for file corruption in the RPG-Makers...

All those cloudservices are optimized for regular file access. But there are a very few programs that don't use regular file access, and their files should never be subjected to a cloudsync.
That are databasing programs like MS Access, Filemaker, some others AND all programs of the RPG Maker Series.
A database keeps their files constantly open for easier and quicker access - and that collides with a cloudsync because only one program can access a file at any one time.
So if you have placed your working directory into a cloudsync that will not help with backups but risk file corruption whenever the editor is open.
You can use cloudstorage for backup and distribution, but only manually - never place the working directory into cloudsync.

MorsVictrix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not using any cloud storrage currently, but thanks for the info. Good to know.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, just to mention it, you don't need to have that tile on your houses. If you look at the door animations, they should show the doorframe and black entrance behind the door as it opens already, so there's no reason to also put it in your map - you can just put the event over the plain house tiles.

MorsVictrix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, just to mention it, you don't need to have that tile on your houses. If you look at the door animations, they should show the doorframe and black entrance behind the door as it opens already, so there's no reason to also put it in your map - you can just put the event over the plain house tiles.
Good point! Thanx. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosferatu88