Status
Not open for further replies.

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I see the page have been updated with a couple more headings since I've last checked. :D   I hope there is more info to come..

I do wish to hear more about whether we can use 32x32 resources with the editor..(I don't quite like to parallax-map).. but I won't count on it... :|

Ideally, I guess, would be that I could find nice 48x48 resources suitable for my current project, to take advantage of the high resolution. I wonder how long it would take for a Maker to build-up a decent amount user-made resource base. :distrust:  

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
If we can get some confirmation external libraries are allowed, someone will write a .tmx tiled plugin so you can basically use any tile size you want, there doesn't seem to be any limits "that we know of" on the javascript implementation.

Hopefully it's full access to javascript ECMAScript 5. 

Last edited by a moderator:

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Rukiri: Hm I can't say i know much about the Tiled editor.. but how would you imagine eventing would work if we could have a plugin that reads .tmx files?

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
The smart thing to do would be to export an image for the editor so you can at least see the map, and then in game it reads the tmx file versus whatever rpg maker spits out for map data. 

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hm..wouldn't placement of events and event passability be limited by the map editor grid?

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Export to json for the win!

Yarott

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is Ruby actually removed? Is someone compiling all of the revealed data so far in one place? The program's site page isn't very specific about certain things. Although, the site pages for the other makers are kinda the same. But I'm here to know about where is it stated that Ruby is officially removed or not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But I'm here to know about where is it stated that Ruby is officially removed or not.
Most sites aren't specific because only partial info has been released.
But on the official english product page (linked in the very first post of this topic) it clearly states that javascript will be used for scripting in RMMV.

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Not what I ment.
Say you have a fence, and it's only 32 pixels tall.. but the player is 64 pixels tall.

In XP you could tell it to not let the player pass throught the bottom of the tile but you could stand even with it and said fence would be in front of the player.

But when you stood below the fence, it would appear behind the player.

XP has something called "Priority" options.. it helped with such a set up.

A similar effect can be done with Ace by using events and setting them to "through" but on the same level as the player..

So when you so tand below the tile, you're in front of it.. your upper half is anyhow...

And when you stand even with the event, it's in front of your lower half.

But using events for fences makes the map lag, cause i end up using a LOT of them.

And then there was the SQUARE option for auto tiles placed where .. well i explained that already.

I am hoping some JS plugins can help with that to some effect..
WassI02.png

Uhhm dude, that ability has been around for well over a year now.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
OpenGL means the engine will use the GPU for rendering now, right? Or am I reading to much into that?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
WassI02.png

Uhhm dude, that ability has been around for well over a year now.
*face palms hard* it's not the same dude.. it's not the same... ..

But i guess it works.

I don't go scowing forums eaither looking for what i need either...

Too much time..

And collected databases that exist tend to be lacking a lot of the times i find...

basically.. i just mean.. it's difficult for me to find things..

Yarott

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most sites aren't specific because only partial info has been released.But on the official english product page (linked in the very first post of this topic) it clearly states that javascript will be used for scripting in RMMV.
It clearly states that and HTML5 support. But doesn't state anything about the removal of Ruby. Which is why I need to have an official forward statment of that for "confirmation".

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Something I really hope for at some point is the ability to bulk-edit. EG: changing a word thoughout every event/common event/variable from "Yammari" to "Gmoore" or something, should a lore piece change. Sure, conditionals could be used but that's a lot of hassle for something that's relatively easy in other circumstances. Plus, it means you'd have a load of conditionals (I already use them for my character names) and 

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It clearly states that and HTML5 support. But doesn't state anything about the removal of Ruby. Which is why I need to have an official forward statment of that for "confirmation".
It's safe to say there is no Ruby, they moved on to JS plugins for scripting.

If ruby was still there, i would think it would say so on the page.

But you might get your answer on sunday.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Hotfirelegend

Even if you can't bulk edit, at least having the ability to search events will make those sorts of changes a lot quicker and less prone to errors of omission.

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
*face palms hard* it's not the same dude.. it's not the same... ..

But i guess it works.

I don't go scowing forums eaither looking for what i need either...

Too much time..

And collected databases that exist tend to be lacking a lot of the times i find...
Ok dude , it's not the same. Apart from the fact that it does exactly what you described and is basically a script made specifically to restore that function.

Left hand side - sprite is standing even with the fence, you cannot move down and the fence is drawn over the player.

Right hand side - sprite is on the tile below the fence, you cannot move up and the player is drawn over the fence.

This is achieved through Terrain Tags serving as priority options.

"Scowing" forums, too much time? It's pinned on the first page and is called LARGE SPRITE DISPLAY FIX. If I was having issues with the display of larger sprites, guess where I'd look?

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Something I really hope for at some point is the ability to bulk-edit. EG: changing a word thoughout every event/common event/variable from "Yammari" to "Gmoore" or something, should a lore piece change. Sure, conditionals could be used but that's a lot of hassle for something that's relatively easy in other circumstances. Plus, it means you'd have a load of conditionals (I already use them for my character names) and

@Hotfirelegend

Even if you can't bulk edit, at least having the ability to search events will make those sorts of changes a lot quicker and less prone to errors of omission.
this is why it is smart to use variables for names, and why common events are my friends. =]

I think event finder is mucho vunderbar. Just use a prefix to name related events and you are made-in-the-shade.

Name all of your controller events in a similar convention. Hotcha momma!

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't see an answer, but does MV encrypt audio?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this is why it is smart to use variables for names, and why common events are my friends. =]

I think event finder is mucho vunderbar. Just use a prefix to name related events and you are made-in-the-shade.

Name all of your controller events in a similar convention. Hotcha momma!
Yeah, but it's extra hassle for something that should've been relatively easy in the first place :p

unless a main character is called "the"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.
Finally finished the first hand-drawn map! It took me a week, but I'm so proud!
Actual line of code I just had to write for a plugin:

return Object.keys(this._shopStock).map(key => key.split(",")).map(element => element.map(value => Number(value))).filter(key => key[0] === mapId && key[1] === eventId);

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vance11k