RPG MAKER MV OFFICIAL PAGE

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Archeia, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here: http://himeworks.com/2013/09/collision-maps/

This script from Tsukihime loads the image only once and creates an internal collision map: everything that is red on the image will be blocked and everything else won't.

I haven't really tested it, so I don't know if it lags or not, but even if it does, there's room for improvement there. I'll experiment with it later.

2. Killuki Zaoldyeck

Killuki Zaoldyeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That doesn't give me a good explanation of why. Why it would lag the game? Because the building of all the collision areas when the game starts? The solution would be do that the collision areas are made at the map loading or that is being loaded while the areas enters on the player's sight, giving also "sight area" to special events which shouldn't ignore collision areas until the player's sight is in contact with their area. I can say more examples but first of all I need a better explanation of why such system would be bad.

Also, I didn't said that such script would be only for maps but also for events and characters that's why I've included the character with a big cape and a big dragon as examples, what's more, the system I was saying was meant specially for events rather than for maps. For maps something like Hime's script, plus some performances improvements, would be better.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
  3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I personally did a custom collision for my projectiles script, it can use circular and box collisions.

That would need a bit more calculation, not just really in initializing the collision area but also when checking for collisions. Collisions are checked between two bodies, you don't do it with just one body. So you will be checking if Body A's collision area collides with Body B's collision area. The more complex the shape of the area becomes, the more complicated the calculation to check if there is collision would be.

On your example, we will create the collision map of each object once. Then after that, you will need to check if any part of that collision map collides with the collision map of another object. That is where it becomes more complex, doing the collision map is the easy part.

That is why you normally just use boxes or circles as calculating if they collide is pretty simple, all you need is their center and their radius/width-height. Other shapes are just plain harder, sometimes you just end up building those shapes using circles and boxes.

Ofc this is assuming you don't have knowledge about or access to advanced algorithms or methods. But anyway even if you have, they would still probably be using a lot of computations.

TLDR: Making a custom collision that will support any shape isn't just simple, basic math

4. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Quasi created a script for that , and it is the basis of my IGMC game :D

Though I totally can see it being much more functional on RMMV. As well as so much I'm going to do... I'm totally hiring someone to make a LOT of scripts for me. Do you guys plan to do so too? I mean MAN THE POSSIBILITIES (I've said that a thousand times but THE POSSIBILITIES)

Razelle, muramasa and Hudell like this.
  5. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hm.. I see... yeah I don't have algorithms knowledge or anything, my script/programation knowledge is practically below 0.1% (enough to delete, replace lines, change numbers and some things inside " ")   :(   .

But that doesn't remove my curiosity. Thanks for the little explanation.

Well, I hope to see some good system on MV without have to wait more than six months since its release (and more scripts like improvements for the default side-view battle system, light systems, and more).

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Totally no,

1) I don't know when I'll get MV, I'm just at 40% excitement for now

2) I'm a scripter, and I prefer doing things myself so that I could learn and do more complex stuff as I go on.

Quasi's movement script does sound awesome, haven't really took time to check it thouroughly but it really sounds awesome. Killuki should check that out, IMHO that's the best you can get right now.

Killuki Zaoldyeck likes this.
  7. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I see... I'm more of an artist, so learning javascript is totally out of my plans right now. I'd rather learn more about art and give work to someone else, it'll probably make for a more solid game as I can focus on doing what I know how to! And the RPG maker scene has been shifting a lot then... I wonder what are the impacts of RMMV going to be on our scene btw. I mean, it may draw in a lot of new creators from elsewhere... And the very structure of the maker, being so different, is likely to change the way we release resources and scripts and stuff! It sounds exciting.

My excitement is over 9000%.

8. muramasa

muramasa Abomination of life, or life itself. Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Uh... just wanted to say hi and that I made a pixel movement script with a bitmap as collision map. Is this some kind of confession group?

Also just wanted to say something. For movable characters, it's always better and saves you from multiple brain damage to make them always have the same bounding box / collision shape. The same, EXACT, shape. If not, you'll suffer when it changes and gets stuck on a wall, or something. It's enough of a pain to make characters duck in a platformer and not glitch, xD. For me, at least.

Now... I think we are almost in Sunday (some are already on the future). Oh geezus, the excitement!

EternalShadow and JosephSeraph like this.
  9. Killuki Zaoldyeck

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here's already Sunday, and in Japan is already mid day :D

No new things on the japanese website yet :( But maybe we will see something in the next four hours, there will be 18:00.

10. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

Collision detection in Javascript is rather easier since there are already many opensource 2d physic engine for Js.

PhysicsJShttps://github.com/w...ated/PhysicsJS/

p2.jshttps://github.com/schteppe/p2.js

verlet-jshttps://github.com/s...tocol/verlet-js

JPEhttps://github.com/colorhook/JPE

Newtonhttps://github.com/hunterloftis/newton

Matter.jshttps://github.com/liabru/matter-js

All that left is how to make it work with MV. Or if you want to build your own you can look at this  tutorial.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-build2dphysicsengine/

I am glad that EB moves to HTML 5 and Javascript, opens so many possibilities for scripters to extend capabilities for the maker. Less time to develop awesome plug-in. All we have to do is wait for the MV comes out to see how flexible to extend MV capabilities. 

Marsigne and Tsukihime like this.
  11. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    It's 3PM in Tokyo right now, if it was released in the weekly famitsu it'll probably show up on the website and English sites soon.  

Also shops close in a few hours, so if anything was released today it was released, may not have been put online yet. 

I love being right! This is from the main Japanese website.   So yea, December 2015 as I thought. 

Surprised I haven't found any MV topics on Mixi... "Pretty much facebook for Japan from my experience" 

If you join and live stateside you'll need this "アメリカ合衆国"  if you can't read or understand a bit Japanese if you want to join. 

Edit: You need a Japanese mobile phone number, had to get a friend to send me the verification code.   

Still, no RPG Maker MV topics on Mixi....  Pocket is a different story though (still need a JMPN)

12. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Can i get a link to the English site plz?  :<

13. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Rukiri likes this.
  14. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Lol, thank you but i already knew about this one. Someone mentioned a english Famitzu site, and that was what i meant. Ive googled, but i keep finding the Japanese one. :p But thanks again anyway. :D

15. Probotector 200X

Probotector 200X Probotect and Serve Veteran

For some reason that got me to check out the Japanese RPG Maker MV page...and I since I won't shut up about the cover characters and battlers and such...there's some stuff on there not on the English page. Clear half-body "portraits" for 4 of the cover characters. A few new enemies in screenshots (some cute little Carbunkle-like creatures, and slimes) Can't read Japanese and my translator add-on doesn't wanna work.

16. Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    You're talking about https://tkool.jp/mv/ right?

Banquo likes this.
  17. DeusEx

DeusEx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Build in side-view battle system + higher resolution + HTML5!

I am totally happy =) Absolutelly!  :)

p.s. I THROW MONEY AT THE MONITOR BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!

18. Alexander Halstead

Alexander Halstead Member Member

First Language:
    English
    I'd like to see an option to create as many different stats as you want (up to a reasonable cap, but more than just the 5 or so VX Ace has available), and make it a customizable list similar to how you can currently add and name more elements, skills, weapon types, ect. Then you could label each stat with a keyword (ATK, SPD, INT, LOL, ETC) that would be used in formulas for skills and attacks and such.

I know there are scripts for this, but it'd be nice to be in the editor by default. Same thing with Gear slots. Just make both Stats and Gear Slots customizable. Go full Dragon Quest style and have 8 gear slots per character that you have to keep upgrading. Give me gloves and boots, maybe a belt too just to be annoying =)

19. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let's keep this thread for what IS in the engine, not what we'd LIKE to have. There is a Suggestions for the Next RPG Maker thread where you can add your wish list if you like :)

Celianna likes this.
  20. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So, it will use OpenGL? I wonder if it also uses hardware acceleration...

Also, the scripting enviroment is also better. Javascrips also sems to be more familiar to me than Ruby/RGSS3 as I am writting my programs in C# (and soon to C++).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.