Not open for further replies.

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To those who have access to MV right now: Can I get a confirmation/denial that the script/plugin editor can modify the IDE?  Just because stuff which was previously inaccessible like Audio is now accessible doesn't necessarily mean we have hooks into the IDE to add/remove buttons, change dropdown/context menus, etc. since the game runner and its statemachines are on a separate scope from the editor itself.

I'd really like to know if that's an option.  I'm doubtful that it is but I figure it's better to ask than assume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
To those who have access to MV right now: Can I get a confirmation/denial that the script/plugin editor can modify the IDE?  Just because stuff which was previously inaccessible like Audio is now accessible doesn't necessarily mean we have hooks into the IDE to add/remove buttons, change dropdown/context menus, etc. since the game runner and its statemachines are on a separate scope from the editor itself.

I'd really like to know if that's an option.  I'm doubtful that it is but I figure it's better to ask than assume.
NDA.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Basically, they can't confirm ANYTHING until they're told they can.

I'm sure they will let us know everything they can once they're allowed to Firgof.

Shaz i think it was... asked already that folks stop asking for things to be confirmed.

I'm sitting back waiting until this evening.

I think most of us should expect to wait.. maybe until after release this winter to know some things.

Evgenij

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think, that all the JavaScript game code will be visible, but it won't be possible to lay hands on the code for the editor. 

We will see and Im excited about every news regarding this topic.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is ways to alter the editor though, if you really wanted to... :)

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Asking for information, from someone that participates in a closed alpha or beta, is like telling them to do something illegal.  I mean these people are complying on a contract. LEGAL contract. I believe you were not aware of that. But now you can understand how this question sounds like. :)

I have a lot of questions too. I can get no answers though, just like you. We already know enough though from the official page. It will be probably a nice product. Let's just be patient.

For your reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Rats.  Guess I'm waiting until launch to find out - I'm doubtful something that niche would even appear in the marketing for the engine.

edit:

[...] is like telling them to do something illegal.
Being under several NDAs myself, I know how that is.  However, I didn't know whether they were under NDA or not; if they weren't, they'd be free to share such information.  The sort of information that an NDA would protect the release of has been volunteered in this thread (albeit followed up shortly thereafter by the addition of that data to the marketing data pushed out) so I thought it might be possible they weren't under one.

You can work for a company, have access to sensitive data, and not be under an NDA.  For instance, I'm not under an NDA with my employer - Blind Mind Studios - and am free to volunteer info and operate at my own discretion (not that I do so without due consideration and discussion with the rest of the staff)

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Yes but the folks here who publish it in the west have been saying winter...

That's Japan dude.. that's not everywhere else...
Right, I'm aware.  

I'm referring to the Japanese release which is the version that I purchase.    

I did tweet the dev and asked how the heck are they planning a release at the end of 2015 if it's only 65%...

SamJones

Autorun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did tweet the dev and asked how the heck are they planning a release at the end of 2015 if it's only 65%...
By having started on it only in June.

Dude, we don't even know which 35% are still missing.

Rukiri

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
By having started on it only in June.

Dude, we don't even know which 35% are still missing.
I'm not buying the whole 65% done especially only if they started in June, that'd be a rushed job no matter how many developers you have on board.  

An educated guess is that they've been working on this for over a year and maybe as early as 2013, while no one here can confirm anything do to an an NDA.  

And I did get a tweet back and they are indeed still releasing by the end of 2015.  

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I'm not buying the whole 65% done especially only if they started in June, that'd be a rushed job no matter how many developers you have on board.  

An educated guess is that they've been working on this for over a year and maybe as early as 2013, while no one here can confirm anything do to an an NDA.  

And I did get a tweet back and they are indeed still releasing by the end of 2015.  
Your point being? I mean, I don't follow you here man. What is the meaning of this? 

They could had started the development in the past, stopped to make another project, then relaunched the project on June project.

So what? Being a project developed for a year? Ok so what is the big deal? Does it make any difference?  :unsure:

Being developed from June, seven months are enough, if you are a team of coders, to make it work. It seems they already beta testing it... hello?? Approxiamtely four months before the release we know that it is tested under NDA. So that means it is not a rush project. 

And I BET this is gonna be easier to code. More work (so it can be cross platform) but easier to code.

I take this bet back. Thought of a few conflicts that might occur. But I hope for the best. 

Why don't we just relax, have a drink and enjoy the waiting.  :)

Maybe under the hot sun...  :D

... at a beach  BD   

Then we come back and we know what we get for Christmas. :p

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Then we come back and we know what we get for Christmas. :p
This I can do, even though the hype is hard to resist.

But I seriously think developpement has probably started early on. 

Sure there is the code, but do not forget that there was a need for artists to produce the new batch of RTP content

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, no, no, continue the hype!

RPG MAKER MV will be powerful enough to create that Chuck E. Cheese 3D Virtual Reality MMORPG that you didn't know you wanted to make! Ask not what you can do for MV, ask what MV can do for you! And lemme' tell you, it's a lot! Javascript is essentially the most powerful script in the history of mankind since the koran! did you know that final fantasy 13-2 (or whatever) was made in 3 seconds with Javascript? 

In all seriousness, MV sounds like a good enough upgrade from VX ACE to be worth purchasing.
omg I laughed so hard I'm crying.

but in all seriousness, I'm very curious about MV. Might continue my games on there, depending on what's available.

Rukiri

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, I didn't ask people to stop asking, but I did say nobody could actually answer anything that hasn't already been said in this thread because of NDA. I think my words were "you won't get answers here" - at least not yet.

And yes, the Winter release is for the Japanese version. There is no indication so far whether the English version will have a simultaneous release or if there will be a wait. The English Ace came out 3 months after the Japanese release. This time, according to Touch, the translation work has already been underway for some time. I am expecting a much shorter period between the releases, and a simultaneous release IS on the cards - I know the good people at Degica will be doing everything they can to get it to us as soon as possible :)

I have no inside information - this is all pure speculation.

GrandmaDeb, stop reading and go do something else!

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Based on Shaz's previous post, I'm assuming that this has been answered, but since there are around 40 pages I don't know where. ^_^;

Under 'Minimum System Requirements', it says: "WindowsR 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit) or Mac OSR X 10.10 or better".

But it also says 'Note: This information is tentative until release.'.

My only concern is whether or not it will work on my 2006 Vista computer, it looks like it should, but not seeing Vista or XP mentioned under the minimum requirements has me a little worried.

Aside from that, this is looking pretty nice, I'm glad that side view is included in this, and it having higher resolutions with 48x48 sprites will be fun to work with, I'm a little surprised that they're not incorporating a menu system, like with IG Maker, but since there is an option for plugins, I guess someone could probably come up with an addon for one.

Rukiri

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Palsa: I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you have Vista SP2 you essentially have Windows 7, this also isn't tied to Direct X.

Depending on your gfx card you can always upgrade to 7 for literally pennies and then upgrade to windows 10, I would do a fresh install of Windows 10 AFTER you've done the upgrade process.  

I've tested Windows 10 on literally decade old machines and runs like a champ!  If your PC can run Vista it can run Windows 10, but you have to upgrade to 7 first otherwise it's about $120 for Windows 10 home.  

I don't know what the backend is and don't know if visual studio version X is tied to the windows version or it's compiling universally to all platforms "think it's the latter".  

If you at least meet the minimum requirements hardware wise it might be a smart move to upgrade the OS to Windows 10, backup everything first, and then do a clean install of Windows 7 then use the Windows 10 download tool to create a ISO or bootable flash drive of windows 10 "if you get win7 home 64bit you choose win10 home" and wait for that to complete.  Once it completes you either burn it to a dvd/bluray or create a bootable flash drive and I'd recommend rufus for that.  Then launch it again and select upgrade.    

Once you're all squared away and updated to windows 10 you now restart the PC and then boot into the dvd or flash drive, you can skip the product key as it's linked to your bios and then you just download your chipset drivers "depending how old they are" you might only need your network driver but in most cases windows 10 has you covered, had my sound card already and didn't need to download the driver from creative^^

G2a does have win8,1 pro for about $24.12, cheaper than any win7 key at the moment and you don't have to worry about updates as you're doing the upgrade from the download tool. 

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm 1 week away in holliday and didn't notice the hype train crashed into my house "Woohp Woohp!!!"

ah still no linux support, hope for wine again xD

but lookslike all the flaws of removed features where added back in, nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz