Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@muramasa:  That is a strange thing to compare to come to that conclusion.  In both XP and Ace that square doesn't have to look anything like the actual autotile.  I was looking at the setup of the tiles and noticing that it was laid out the same way Aces A tiles were.  I think it's also a good indication that other things about the mapping style, both good and bad, aren't going to be much different from how Ace worked.  But you can see that the way layering is handled will be different from both Ace and XP.  There's only 2 buttons for the layers, one for ground and one for objects.  I want to hold out hope for better autotiles but I have to admit, if they were going to have the bigger corners they'd probably have a RTP that took advantage of it to show it off.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want to hold out hope for better autotiles but I have to admit, if they were going to have the bigger corners they'd probably have a RTP that took advantage of it to show it off.
RTP never (2000, 2003, XP) showed off the abilities of having AT-corners as big as a tile, it was always edgy.
And with VX they forced it. Still one of the things I hate most of all.

-------------

Automatically mapping objects one over another may be nice, but what if I want to overwrite it instead? Removing the manual control of layers gets worse with every installment by adding more features (that only sound cool for a short moment) to a system that is broken since over 7 years. That's really sad because it would never take any more effort than now to make the map editor to be one of the best ever made (almost all 2D tilemapping tools I have tested over the years were everything else than user-friendly compared to what RPGツクール was in past and could be again) without some stupid decisions of restriction that don't make working any easier (au contraire).

If the mapping tools never improve and get rid of VX system, the rest of the program will not be able to make me think "Hey, that's a cool software!" instead of "Well... some improvements, but not where they were needed most.".

Last edited by a moderator:

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
NDAhem

lol

thanks for giving me hope muramasa this is beautiful life can be good again

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Next version suggestion already (or plugin): 9-patch autotiles!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will be another "NDA, with love, Archeia. *3*" for sure, but I've to ask this.

Focusing on mobile version of our project, will be possible to use the "senses" of our device? Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, accelerometer, fingerprint scan, front/back camera(webcam for PC), and so on...
Huh, I never thought of those and it wasn't something that entered the dev's minds I think. So definitely nope.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Focusing on mobile version of our project, will be possible to use the "senses" of our device? Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, accelerometer, fingerprint scan, front/back camera(webcam for PC), and so on...
From the official announcement only touch was confirmed,  you may be able to bring external libraries(if we can that is) to use an accelerometer. 

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Huh, I never thought of those and it wasn't something that entered the dev's minds I think. So definitely nope.
But I guess Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, accelerometer, fingerprint scan, cameras and all other stuff have some implementation on JavaScript. So I also guess it's possible to use these implementations and make them accessible from the MV engine.

I've made a small lookup on Google, but most of JavaScript examples are aimed to webpages, so I don't know how (or if it will be possible) to convert these things into code that works on, for instance, a still unreleased RMMV.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But I guess Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, accelerometer, fingerprint scan, cameras and all other stuff have some implementation on JavaScript. So I also guess it's possible to use these implementations and make them accessible from the MV engine.

I've made a small lookup on Google, but most of JavaScript examples are aimed to webpages, so I don't know how (or if it will be possible) to convert these things into code that works on, for instance, a still unreleased RMMV.
Something must give the data from those stuff to the javascript. If Enterbrain didn't include that, I don't think we will have much choice.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There appears to be at least a javascript file for touchid scanners. The accelerometer is also accessible via JS commands/functions (acceleration)

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

It may not be out of the realm of possibility to perhaps have someone from the community end up writing a plugin/script to support such features depending on how things are set up.

Some references:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, I assume all versions will use HTML5 in some way, so we can just export it to HTML5 and use an external tool to wrap the game, the performance should be the same and we would get the extra features from phonegap or whatever it is we use.

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
tl;dr Too much speculations and hopes. The possibilities! I feel like a kid in christmas (or your cultural equivalent).

Edit: Will something like this for RMMV bring me the monies?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might as well create a board for resources  so we don't spam this board and actually discuss the program. I'm going to miss pixel art...

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Might as well create a board for resources  so we don't spam this board and actually discuss the program. I'm going to miss pixel art...
I thought that was "what are you working on?" or "Wip thread 2" was for.... 

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know this is from a few pages back but..

What was it that people wanted to particularly see?
I think folks are just hungry for as much information as possible.

And to see as much as possible.

And to get as good as an idea as possible as to what is to come.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made some simple graphic templates for those interested - really nothing special. Please note that they are best estimates given the information we have at hand presently and may be found invalid when new information presents itself. I will update the gallery as necessary when this occurs.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.
Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like