RPG MAKER MV OFFICIAL PAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I really don't know how to process all of this.

I mean, I cannot tell if we have the cart before the horse (more like the cart, and the buckseat, and the wheels, and the kingpin, and the rocking bolster, and the flipping load of apples IN the cart!)...

...or whether we are poised, like the allies on the distant shores, awaiting the signal to begin THE INVASION!!!!!!!

I mean, really, the level of Anrhedgy is so over-the-top!

Nice templates, Esrever. =]

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
On a side note I was semi-desperate that now since tiles are no longer really multiples of 8 (windowskin "tiles" will be broken down into 12x12 I assume) gridding would become crazy but then I remembered Graphics Gale lets you customize the grid pixel size and standards. You guys should go get it, it's going to be even more useful for rmmv.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
On a side note I was semi-desperate that now since tiles are no longer really multiples of 8 (windowskin "tiles" will be broken down into 12x12 I assume) gridding would become crazy but then I remembered Graphics Gale lets you customize the grid pixel size and standards. You guys should go get it, it's going to be even more useful for rmmv.
You forgot Pyxel Edit, Aseprite, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, Gimp, MS:paint, Paint.net, etc.  

I like aseprite as it has an old school interface, I mainly like pyxel edit for how useful it is for tilesets, and has a thing called shades basically just pick a color and it'll have shades for you, very useful for finding that nitty gritty color that alludes you half the time.   

I've mainly use photoshop for my pixel art, but for tiles I'd use something else like pyxel edit.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You forgot Pyxel Edit, Aseprite, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, Gimp, MS:paint, Paint.net, etc.  

I like aseprite as it has an old school interface, I mainly like pyxel edit for how useful it is for tilesets, and has a thing called shades basically just pick a color and it'll have shades for you, very useful for finding that nitty gritty color that alludes you half the time.   

I've mainly use photoshop for my pixel art, but for tiles I'd use something else like pyxel edit.   
I mean, if you're really looking for a list - see my post here.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@JosephSeraph: Huh?  48x48 is a multiple of 8.  Do you mean the other stuff?

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@JosephSeraph: Huh?  48x48 is a multiple of 8.  Do you mean the other stuff?
I think perhaps they are speaking of the UI elements found inside of the windowskin file itself as some items (color palette + cursors) were contained in 8x8 boxes where now they are (presumably) found in 12x12 boxes due to 8*1.5 = 12.

VX Ace Windowskin:

Possible MV Windowskin:

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I think perhaps they are speaking of the UI elements found inside of the windowskin file itself as some items (color palette + cursors) were contained in 8x8 boxes where now they are (presumably) found in 12x12 boxes due to 8*1.5 = 12.

VX Ace Windowskin:

Possible MV Windowskin:

Or they may add more colors for the fonts ?

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Maybe they even add the option to have something like \c[123,123,234] instead of putting it in the system graphic.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I'm pretty sure the base tile quarter -- and everything tied to it -- will now be 12x12 instead of 8x8. So that's the new minimum size for most things.

Naturally though, anything that is a multiple of 24x24 will also be a multiple of 8x8, but that doesn't matter anymore because 8x8 is not the base/minimum building block anymore, 12x12 is xD

also Rukiri from these the only one I haven't tried out is Aseprite and the others are really not amazing for pixel art. Graphics Gale really one of the very best softwares for it. (and it's free to boot) I'm gonna check aseprite though.

I'm actually a little bitter about pyxel because I bought the paid version expecting it to flow better but it actually doesn't flow really well at all in its color management, click/button setup and stuffs, even though I absolutely fell in love with its tiling tools. Developing a palette with it and using it effectively is so much harder than using your good old GraphicsGale...

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All this talk about the new RPG Maker brought me out of the wood work.  Now someone better start talking about more features....before things get...........ugly.........(brandishes sword)

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Maybe they should be using RGB values, would be a lot easier and save on scripting it... 

If I want black (0,0,0), white (255,255,255), blue (0,0,255), green (0,255,0), red (255,0,0), get it?

And all in between!

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Anrhedgy = Android + Energy + Edge + H (TML5)

Just like RPG Maker's Japanese name is a play on words (Tool + School + Cool). I wonder if I'm close. As for info on features, not even my great sword or spells can penetrate an NDA. We'll just have to wait.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the ultimate barrier spell called NDA.
kNightmare Deserves Awareness?  I know!  Of course I do!  Start talking!  It can be our secret.............(hey everybody be quiet and maybe she won't see)

Anyway looking forward to the new maker. 

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the ultimate barrier spell called NDA.
*presses face against barrier and maintains eye contact*

I'm really interested in the specifics\dimensions of battle sprites for player characters.  I hope we get an update on the development by Christmas.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Kinda random, but one thing that excites me is the idea of the sideview sprites doing crazy stuff.

Probably won't be in by default, but I'm sure with scripting we can have sprites move around more?

Like I ALWAYS wanted ways to make battlers MOVE, like fly up in the air and then get slammed back down upside down. And, imagine the character sprites jumping over to the enemy before doing this...think Sabin's Suplex from FF6.

(insert GIF of Sabin suplexing the Phantom Train here)

I dunno, seems like people will be more willing to script that kind of thing with sideview being built-in.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure what you are referring to by "stream games" but if you want to upload your game somewhere you would probably just build your game for PC or mac and then just give your friends a link to download.
Stream as in livestream, most likely; Twitch, etc.

Is there a pricing set in mind yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....
If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...
The best way to end your day? Cuddle your kitten! :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popa182005