Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys there was a miscommunication, but I wanted to clarify about building MacOSX games.

You need a Mac to build a Mac (dmg) and IOS version due to Apple's restrictions. We can't do anything about that. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pretty much expected... Apple reuires an iMac to run their SDK

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys there was a miscommunication, but I wanted to clarify about building MacOSX games.

You need a Mac to build a Mac Version due to Apple's restrictions. We can't do anything about that. Sorry!
And how about for iOS? Same requirement?

'Tis my first time replying to this thread; i just wanna ask if there's possibility of having in-app purchases? You know, since we could export Android and iOS..

This feature would be cool for example, having a "demo" version of your game and the player must pay to unlock the full version; or, having to buy in-game items and equipment, -- using actual money.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, don't sell my MacBook Pro quite yet, is what you're saying...

In App purchases would be something YOU would build into the game. I'm guessing it would be capable, but don't expect anything to come ready-made for it.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

You need a Mac to build a Mac Version due to Apple's restrictions. We can't do anything about that. Sorry!
Whole new slew of questions, which may or may not be able to penetrate the NDA spell barrier. =P

1. If a customer purchases MV and wants to create a game on both PC and MAC does this mean they will need to purchase separate copies of MV? If so, will there be a bundle?

2. If a customer owns both Mac and PC versions, will the game need to be created entirely from scratch (event-wise) on each machine? Would there be a way to reformat mapdata files for crossover?

3. Mac - is one creation of the game enuf to make a game on iPhone and Mac, or are they separate builds?

ANSWERED BELOW

I edited my post abit:

You can use the same project you made in WIn/Mac but for deployment, you would need a mac for Mac/IOS related stuff. I hope that is clearer.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Does the program when purchased contain both PC and Mac editor, or would that be different versions to purchase?
And will the project files be compatible between PC and Mac editors?

Because I can easily get access to a Mac for compiling/creating the game, but only if I can open a project created on the PC for that...

Edit: ninja'd

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I edited my post abit:

You need a Mac to build a Mac (dmg) and IOS version due to Apple's restrictions. We can't do anything about that. Sorry!

You can use the same project you made in WIn/Mac but for deployment, you would need a mac for Mac/IOS related stuff. I hope that is clearer.

Melosx

Master of Bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I meant to say IOS. This is what happens when you run with less than 4 hrs of sleep for 2 weeks orz
*cast sleep on Archeia*Goodnight senpai~

Apple... No words, really...

Hopefully I've Android device :p

*put truth serum into chocolate* When you wake up, Archeia, I've to ask you something about... all. But take some chocolate first :D

Razelle

Out of Date Hallucination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Entish
Primarily Uses
The ol' "truth serum in the chocolate" trick. It's a classic, but sadly can't bypass the cure all vaccine known as NDA.

I'm thanking those who make the templates ahead of time. Going to be fun to work with the new resolution. Been meaning on making a higher res game to test my pixel skills.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The funny thing...

This would not be an issue with Linux.

Unless Microsoft all the sudden goes "no no.. we won't allow games being made for windows on Linux!"

But i doubt that.

But i am for sure hoping i can get this thing running under WINE at some point.

As far as i know.. HTML works under Linux.

So... can anyone tell me if there will be a limit on battle character sizes?(as in the animated ones for your players)

Or is that behind the NDA barrier?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this realy from Enterbrain themselfs or is it like GG Maker made by 3rd Party and just distributed through them?

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good thing I have a MacBook in addition to my Windows desktop~ There are some good reasons why you need a Mac to build Mac and iOS builds of software, but it gets a bit too extensive and out of topic here.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
A little rough around the edges, but I think I'm getting there. Shading and shaping errors are MUCH more noticeable in this big grid.

Side view sprites posted now, to keep you busy!

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Side view sprites posted now, to keep you busy!

Is the image scaled like this or is it something the imagehost did? It's too blurry for me to make out.

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Could be the blurriness but it doesn't look like a nose. Could be the shading of the face. Dammit I need real images.

EDIT: Is that also a train party add-on? Integrated? Or just random dudes placed one after the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.
Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like