Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
If their pc actually where different than a regular pc... But they also sell to you the "upgrade packs" from MacOS to the next MacOS...

My games will be pc/android exclusive for sanity > :D
Same here.

If people want an iOS release, they can donate the huge amounts of money. Lol.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let's just say that there are valid reasons for apple's policy that have nothing to do with money - those restrictions keep the hardware environment more stable and allow for a better support with less driver problems.

That they also pose a much higher entry barrier to developers is sad but that a side effect and not the direct intention of apple.

However, if someone doesn't want to go that way he doesn't loose anything - none of the older RMs were ever able to produce native MacOS code.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
From the Reddit thread:

In order to be a able to upload it you will need a Apple developer license which is 99$. And a Mac, which if you dont have it you could look for a cheap mac mini.

When exporting for iOS in Unity you will end with a xCode project, open the project and if you have a license you are able to test it on a real iOS device. Then you open the organizer, archive it and submit it to the appstore. There are a lot of steps before you are then able to move on, you are to create a profile for your app on various Apple sites.
That's iOS, I've exported to Mac OS with unity no problems.  

I own a MBP, so it's not really an issue...   I do plan on buying a 27" iMac soon, 5K at 27" is freaking stupid so I'll get the normal version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Let's not pretend it isn't about money, because in the end, it totally is. All these excuses don't fool anybody anymore.

If I ever manage to do something and want to publish, I'd probably at least explore the option of also targeting iOS through a developer arrangement with an independent publisher and splitting profit if any on a percentage scale, all that after seeing how it goes on Windows/OSx and Android.

I don't know. It just seems like such a risky investment.

Maybe someone should develop a cost efficient distribution platform/infrastructure for RM games. Oh...

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Umm...so if i made some VX sprites that....just happend...to look alot like the new MV Box art characters....would that be a bad thing?

EDIT- cuz i have very detailed pics of them at my disposal, and the temptation is becoming unbearable!! T_T

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It is rather weird that Apple decidely do not cater to devs on that point.

For some devs there's no difference, for other it's purely additional complexity in the build flow.

It's a negative from a dev perspective, well perhaps except from those who wants less competition.

Release to iOS could still very much be worth it.

My original point was that I doubt Degica can do anything about the restriction.

@Andar: Irrelevant, the restriction is on the build environment, not the target environment.

@Deathswallow: Yeah, go for it :D

*hugs*

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I only got a Mac because that was what game designers seemed to be using.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if it because of this requirements, but the number of programmers using Macs on the last few years grew a lot.

The company I work for had to buy two macs just because of that.

I hated using it because of the lack of keyboard shortcuts. Things that are exactly the same in Windows and Linux were way more complicated on Mac OS (things like pressing Home/End/Page Up/Page Down/Ctrl+Up/Ctrl+Down/Ctrl+Left/Ctrl+Right/Shift+Ctrl+Up and so on. I use those keys a lot :X

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@deathswallow

I would love to see those sprites.

Pine

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Going back to the topic of resources, I'm realizing that smaller breeds of dogs and other animals (foxes, ducks, goose, etc) don't look at all bad next to MV sprites without any resizing. Only larger breeds/animals will need adjustment, it's just a matter of how much exactly.

I see that my German Shepperd will need some medium editing, but I'm glad it'll still be usable.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm curious who, of the thus far unnamed rtp characters will be premade actors.

Also, any thoughts on the naming theme they'll use?

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Can I ask if they will be making the characters(in the wallpaper/box art) as the list of new RTP characters? 'cause from what I''ve seen in the screens and trailer. they're using some orange haired dude instead of the people in the wallpaper/box art.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Can I ask if they will be making the characters(in the wallpaper) as the list of new RTP characters? 'cause from what I''ve seen in the screens and trailer. they're using some orange haired dude instead of the people in the wallpaper.

I could by no means say definitively, but they have never included the box art characters before in the past, so i dont see why they would now... :< ....although, the way these characters are stylized...the robot, and the wolf ninja thing, the sorceress elf lady flouting in the back....it makes me wonder if they may. Just cross your fingers!!! 

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am curious as to the layout of the side-view battlers - like how many animations do they have, how many frames of animation etc.

Is everything still limited to just 3 frames of animation in general?

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Yeah I'd like to see them in Sprite Versions and also in side-view battle. would be cool to have something new mixed up since the sprites they're using in MV now is too overrated. (reminds me from XP, Arshes has orange hair) they're becoming too common now. I want that thing in a robot! 

Pine

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I could by no means say definitively, but they have never included the box art characters before in the past, so i dont see why they would now... :< ....although, the way these characters are stylized...the robot, and the wolf ninja thing, the sorceress elf lady flouting in the back....it makes me wonder if they may. Just cross your fingers!!! 
At least for VX they made charsets later on.

9tkitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
That's so interesting! I will buy it.. ^^ ... that is, if one can pay via paypal. 

<- does not have a credit card.

also, 48 x 48px tiles? wow... o.o i should start with tiles tweaking... up-scaling pixel by pixel or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.
Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like