PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I have to agree with Clord here. Some games are, by design, made to be played a certain way.

So, making it clear which way is this will prevent a lot of player confusion and unsatisfactory mashing. The typical RPG can work with both and can have freedom of choice given to the player, but if something is designed to work in a specific way, having the choice as a developer to take away confusing input methods is a priority.
I know that I prefer to play skyrim with a controller...but its meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse.....but for me its the opposite with oblivion, I can't play it with a controller , I need a keyboard...even though the way its played is the same as skyrim. Why? Because I got used to playing those game in that way.

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I know that I prefer to play skyrim with a controller...but its meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse.....but for me its the opposite with oblivion, I can't play it with a controller , I need a keyboard...even though the way its played is the same as skyrim. Why? Because I got used to playing those game in that way.
Errr... sure? I think I missed your point.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that choice goes both ways. As a developer you should be able to give the players the choice on how to play the game... or not.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Errr... sure? I think I missed your point.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that choice goes both ways. As a developer you should be able to give the players the choice on how to play the game... or not.
 lol, i think i was half asleep when i posted that XD . I think what i was trying to say was that it depends on what the player is used to. Even if its meant to be played a certain way, with a controller, the player may still play it with a keyboard....blegh, sorry if any of that was redundant, i was having trouble getting started this morning, and i didint really read any of the other comments. Gosh this thread is getting really big! XD .

Enderdude

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think it's fine to keep the choice for what option of controls to use because there a lot of pc gamers that like to play games with a xbox or a logittech controller BD   p.s some games feel great with controllers 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This thread has the hardest time staying on topic! If you want to talk about the pros and cons of controll options please do it in another thread.

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's because of the severe lack of updates. What are those people in Japan thinking? You can't tease the new installment of RPG Maker and then hold back on information for WEEKS!
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! It's the time to reveal EVERYTHING. We can't wait 4 months... D: 

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So to bring up something that's not javascript: can we get a better input standard this time around? I still forget which button is which when RM tells me about pressing "C" or "B" or "X" or "Y" and those actually have nothing to do with the respective keyboard keys. A better internal naming convention ("Confirm", "Cancel", "Menu", etc.) would help, as would being able to add to and remove from that ourselves.
This.

I honestly hated VX-Aces input system... sure fixable by a script but I shouldn't have to use a script for something basic as input. 

I think 8 buttons is enough, 6 face buttons + 2 shoulder buttons really just think of the Sega Saturn pad "which ironically is what I'm going to use for development, I will not test for keyboard input"

But since everything is open in javascript I don't think it'll be an issue, I will be using the 3D saturn pad "since I plan on having a semi 3d world map"  and plan to use the analog stick for movement.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Why do we want to use jQuery in RPG Maker MV ?

HTML5 game is usually refer to canvas based game, while jQuery is used for DOM based web page.

// Oops, it's now page 92
You can make games with JQuery and much easier than pure JS though may have limitation in what you can do with Jquery. Google for gameQuery engine which use JQuery.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I must say that RPG Maker series is quite odd thing overall.

The series began like since eighties and had niche following in Japanese market, but somehow enough strong to warrant making them.

Fast forward to nowadays, when western market is taking over the series. It's quite fascinating development really.

I doubt the series would still be going if it wasn't western success, RPG Maker MV is pretty much result of that, I guess.

muramasa

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
And that's why RPG Maker MV will be the best of all! (?). ^o^. Enjoy being part of the western civilization. Just kidding...

===

Now, since I'm highly impatient for the RPG Maker MV release to occur, I'll be counting days from now on. Right now I guess I can count days up to December, and after that I'll see if I had enough luck (because there is no date, and it could be even after February). So... 89 days until December. How irritating!

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why is all speculation for rpg maker MV condensed into a thread anyway?  It does not allow certain topics about MV to actually receive attention (only big topics will be discussed, all other buried)

Maybe a forum for MV speculation (a general disscusion) would be better.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because we don't have very much actual factual information about MV yet. All we have is speculation. The other, smaller, more directed threads are so people can discuss things that HAVE been revealed in more detail and with definite purpose, without derailing or getting lost in this thread. Usually we don't actually HAVE subforums for engines until after they're released.

One of the mods/admins (Celianna? Lunarea?) said that when the next news comes out, this thread will be locked and a new one started. I'm not sure when that will be. We may reach 100 pages before then and get a new one started anyway.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
One of the mods/admins (Celianna? Lunarea?) said that when the next news comes out, this thread will be locked and a new one started. I'm not sure when that will be. We may reach 100 pages before then and get a new one started anyway.
We could start that thread with a summary of what we know for a fact.

All twenty lines of it. =D

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Yay, speculation is like aour way to ive tributes to our javascript lord....

Oh JS, give us your web technologies and code our mobile souls...

Still, we still don't know much of MV, except we are using javascript and html...

I wonder if they finally decided to move from the silly idea of "wait X frames" to "wait X seconds"...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We could start that thread with a summary of what we know for a fact.

All twenty lines of it. =D
I was actually thinking that might be a good idea - reserve a second post where the "facts" from thread 1 could be kept for reference. And then maybe reserve a few more posts just in case there are new announcements/reveals before the next thread hits 100 pages - just to have everything we KNOW easily accessible and don't have to go searching through.

Evgenij

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are there any new news on the release date? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz