RPG Maker MV Parallax/Image Overlay Issue

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SlowMN, Oct 17, 2016.

1. SlowMN

SlowMN Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello,

I have been working on my game for several months and never run into an issue with using parallax; however, this morning I created a map the same way I have created every other one and now am getting a double image. I use orangemapshot to screenshot the map, export it to photoshop, add what I want and remove shadows/ect, and save to parallax folder as !filename. I add the par for areas I want to beable to walk behind.

For some reason, above and below the map I am seeing a repeat of the map (see picture below). I can not for the life of me figure out what is causing it to do this. I haven't changed any other settings or added new plugins

1.PNG .

2.PNG

See the repeated image above and below

3.PNG

Plugins

4.PNG

Thanks for the help

2. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Map Size does not match your resolution size. When your screen resolution is bigger than your Parallax Image then it will automatically start to repeat. It looks like you are about 4 tiles off... which is 48 x 4. You need to increase the canvas size and not the image size (otherwise it will stretch the image) once you have the canvas size bigger you need to re-center the map. You will have some of the "Black Boundaries" but the only way around that is to change the size of your map completely to match the screen resolution.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  3. SlowMN

SlowMN Villager Member

First Language:
    English

So I added 4 to the height of the map and put black on the bottom to hide the repeat. Seems to be a fix without doing the whole thing over. Any idea why this happened. I created the size map I wanted and entered it, used orangemapshot to printscreen it and exported to photoshop (do it the same way every time).

Thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your map size needs to be at least large enough to fill the entire game window.  By default it's 17x13.  If you go lower than that, it will wrap/repeat.

5. SlowMN

SlowMN Villager Member

First Language:
    English

Ah makes sense. Thank you for the help/advice. This has been solved.